Command #do

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Karrock

Command #do

Post by Karrock »

The proposal is to add the new command "#do" what could describe the lasting state above the player's char or on the static objects.
The examples: "His left arm is bandaged", "The chair is overturned" "An obscene drawing is painted on the wall" etc.
The state dissapears after using command #do again.
snus-mumrik
Developer

Re: Command #do

Post by snus-mumrik »

+1

I think a lasting action would be great. Some details must be figured out though.
1. It must support introduced/unknown chars. Therefore it should fit some pattern, similar to #me. E.g. "<name> is reading a book".
2. This should be displayed above the char's head, I guess. And in char lookAt. Maybe also given in chat log when the char comes into view. But it should not complicate speaking - disappear when the char speaks; maybe a client key to hide these (like the names).
3. Object state sounds cool, but the UI is cumbersome when it comes to individual objects (especially if there are several on a tile). Also these must be auto-removed after a timeout, to avoid cluttering.

Hasn't such feature been proposed before? Maybe there are some good ideas in older threads.