The Search for Aleytys Lamar

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

HolyKnight

The Search for Aleytys Lamar

Post by HolyKnight »

*Public documents have been posted at the Hemp including a search map. Couriers are sent to notify the realms.*

Attention:

This notice and the public documents, herein, have been posted in the hopes to eliminate confusion and provide the necessary updates and information needed to find the missing person Aleytys (Aly) Lamar of Cadomyr.

Below is a search map of areas I have been told or have personally searched. Anyone be with updates please tell me the regions you have personally searched and they will be added.

Future updates will include the following:
  • Summary of events
  • Runewick’s rune investigation
Zhambra with Us,
Eli Travinus
Last edited by HolyKnight on Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HolyKnight

Re: The Search for Aleytys Lamar

Post by HolyKnight »

Search Map

Last edited by HolyKnight on Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Summary:

Initial Event:

Witnesses
  • Kyre
  • Jakob Maren
  • Mick
  • Eli Travinus
  • Aleytys Lamar
  • Sammy Goldlieb
On the 04th of Ronas 61, Kyre; Jakob Maren; Mick, and Eli Travinus of Runewick- along with Aleytys (Aly) Lamar of Cadomyr- went to the Dewey Swamps, north of Runewick, to dig for clay deposits. Soon after arriving, Aly struck and cracked open a buried stone casket in one of the clay pits. From the open casket a foggy gray mist began to spread. Those nearby reported smelling a sweet aroma accompanying the mist. Soon after, arcane practitioners, Kyre and Eli Travinus, both felt an alluring enticement from the fog. Both practitioners attempted to resist the allure but doing so quickly depleted their mana stores.

As Kyre struggled, Aly attempted to alert the mage by slapping her. When this failed to break the fog’s incursion upon Kyre, Aly began to challenge the fog directly. At that point, I- Eli Travinus- with the help of Sammy Goldlieb managed to resist the fog’s allure and could sense it ebbing and focusing toward Kyre. Aly began to swat the mist with her shovel and yelling challenges.

Whether as a reaction or mere coincidence, as Aly attempted to attack the gray fog it began to energize. Like sprawls of lightning, radiant light spread through the fog and it began to glow in shades irradiated blue. The entire breadth of the Dewy Swamps was covered in the unnatural fog. I felt it before it transpired but all at once, the force behind the fog abandoned Kyre and myself entirely and drove directly at Aly. Her armor soon lit up like a bursting star and then she was suddenly sucked into a beaming vortex like portal and vanished.

Sammy was able to dive into the vortex right before it closed but was soon expelled to the teleporter at the Hemp Necktie Inn. By the time Sammy was able to run all the way back to the Dewy Swamps, the mysterious fog and alluring presence had dissipated.
Initial Investigation:

Witnesses
  • Kyre
  • Jakob Maren
  • Mick
  • Eli Travinus
  • Sammy Goldlieb
  • Jacob (Galmair)
  • Casper Drakull
Following Aly’s disappearance Kyre and Caswir formed a search party. Sammy fainted soon after returning from the Hemp. Since Jakob never expressed feeling enticed by the fog, he performed the first search around the stone casket. The following artifacts were found:
  • Stone Casket
    • Runewick’s Insignia engraved
    • Traces of merinium
    • No residue left behind by the fog
  • Broken glass vials
    • Pieces that could be read had individual markings representing a specific pure element (Earth, Air, Water, Fire, and Spirit).
    • Only the year 11 was found on the vials
  • Merinium ingot with two glyph shards infused into it.
  • Thirteen Runes engraved upon the wall of the clay pit.
After Jakob’s search, and no further signs of the alluring presence, Eli investigated the pit as well. The aftereffects of a puissant incantation or an arcane phenomenon were immediately noticeable: the mana fields surrounding the Dewy Swamp had been entirely depleted, tremors from the ethereal plane resonated from the stone casket, and the expired reagents distrubed the natural balance between our plane and others. Namely, it seemed the incantation or arcane phenomenon drew from the elemental planes but there were other imperceptible traces as well.
Last edited by HolyKnight on Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Rune Theory & Research
      Brief: Due to the complexity of the incantation careful consideration must be given to fully understand each unique recorded rune. The mage carefully considers the following: origin, potential runecrafters, dependencies, and analysis to denote the appropriate order to cast the runes. Let me be clear! Recreating the entire rune cast is not the objective! The evidence is overwhelming to suggest this spell was part of project Shadow Gate. The intent is to simply see if there is a link between the reagents found at the site and the written runes of the incantation. The hope is that inter-dependencies will provide a link or guide to Aly's whereabouts.

Information:
      • 13 Runes documented from the clay site.
        • 5 Runes correlating to a specific pure element.
        • 3/4 known Runes used in Teleportation Portals present (one is missing)
          • JUS: Wind
          • KEL: Movement
          • ANTH: Object
          • (Missing) FHEN: Which is the fetching rune
        • 5 Runes initially unknown:
      Theories
      • FHEN Missing: Due to the complexity of the spell it seems that instead of a verbal cue invoked at the time of the incantation and the use of the fetching rune, this runecast forms the desired location by other means (perhaps something in the 5 unknown runes).
      • 5 Unknown Runes:
        • Given that there were other reagents at the clay site may indicate that some of these runes invoke some source of power or capability from the two Glyph Shards, Merinium, and possibly Stone?
        • If the above is true that would leave a single rune unknown

Tests & Research
      • A book on Runes denoted the use of pure elements as a source of power, a simple test confirmed each was in fact reactive to their respective rune.
      • Careful to only test the five unknown runes without strong elemental catalysts Kyre and I in a bann circle in Yewdale tested casting the unknown runes with the remaining reagents (Merinium and two Glyph Shards) With the first rune we found no reaction at all.
      • Kyre and I continued, the next to runes we tested provided results! One caused a glyph shard to turn North and another casted rune made the other glyph shard turn East.
        NOTE: Further tests will be need to determine if the other unknown runes cause a reaction with glyph shards. Also, if the type of glyph shard is important.
      Last edited by HolyKnight on Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      Katharina Brightrim
      Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Dear Eli,

Deanna and I also searched the old Cadomyrian harbor. She was not there, either. Furthermore, I would like to remind everybody that islands are our best lead. Go and check the reachable islands, everybody!

Countess of House Desert Fox
      Katharina Brightrim
      Cadomyr

Bürger Illarions,

am 1. Bras wird es endlich Zeit Aly zu finden. Mit einer Karte und einem Schiff, welches Runewick für diesen Zweck anbietet, überprüfen wir einige Manaknoten im Meer, die uns hoffentlich zu Aly führen. Jeder der helfen möchte, sollte sich an diesem Tag in Runewick einfinden. Bringt Rüstung und Waffen, wir wissen nicht, ob wir kämpfen müssen, um Aly zu befreien. Ich bringe Proviant für jeden mit, der ihn braucht.

Erfahrene Kapitäne sollen sich bei mir melden, ich kann Goldmünzen und magische Edelsteine im Tausch für eine Passage anbieten.

---

People of Illarion,

at the 1st Bras, it is time to finally set off to find Aly. Using a map and a ship, Runewick offered to the cause, we will check some mana nodes in the ocean, hopefully managing to find Aly near one of those. Everybody who wants to help shall meet in Runewick on that day. Bring armor and weapons, we don't know whether we have to fight to bring Aly back. I offer provisions to anybody who needs them.

Any experienced captain who can navigate a ship shall contact me, I can offer gold coins or magical gems for the service.

HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

People of Illarion;

As the Countess has requested we need a capable captain to sail abroad! All other able bodies, please be there to assist us our ship the Tol Vanima is large enough to bring many. Also, please note I have updated the following notices:
      If anyone wants to provide me additional notes or updates to these sections please send me a dove with your requests.

Good News! With the help of Kyre and Katharina providing the map, we may have found a compass to guide us toward Aly! Please check out my research posted above if you are interested. The more eyes the better! I will be in or around Runewick until we can set sail trying to confirm a few other details.

Zhambra Light the Way,
      Eli Travinus
      Katharina Brightrim
      Cadomyr

I would like to publicly point out, that I just delivered the map. Neia, a scholar from Galmair, provided them, all I did was dig the pieces of stone that were used for the research that resulted in said map out and handing the final map over.