No +2 Essence-Willpower Food

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

HolyKnight

No +2 Essence-Willpower Food

Post by HolyKnight »

Not sure of the heavy lift on this but I noticed there are two foods that give you the same perk/boni

Code: Select all

-- Elderberry Pie
foodList[3610] = {crafted = true, buffs = {willpower = 2, intelligence = 2}}
--Chicken Dish
foodList[1155] = {crafted = true, leftOver = 2952, buffs = {essence = 2, perception = 2}}
-- Chicken Soup
foodList[1152] = {crafted = true, leftOver = 2935, buffs = {willpower = 2, intelligence = 2}}
propose Elderberry Pie becomes Willpower 2, Essence 2
Estralis Seborian

Re: No +2 Essence-Willpower Food

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Hi,

I've checked with Evie on this proposal. The current distribution of buffs is the result of an elaborated process that balanced the buffs of the various attributes over the levels of food items. It resulted in the (maybe unfortunate) fact that two level 100 items need to have the same buff. The suggested change would require to consider the complete buff matrix, not just two individual items. It is a bit like exchanging a brick in a wall with a smaller one, this will result in a gap in the wall somewhere.

A proposal on how to adjust the overall buff distribution would be very much appreciated and could be considered for implementation.

Best regards,
Estralis
HolyKnight

Re: No +2 Essence-Willpower Food

Post by HolyKnight »

Yes I noticed this on closer inspection. A more balanced system would require a larger matrix and expanding the boni on food to all cookable food items. Too much of a heavy lift for me at the moment but I have a spreadsheet placeholder.

Thank you Estralis.