Glyph forging and other improvements

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Vern Kron

Re: Glyph forging and other improvements

Post by Vern Kron »

Hey Illarionites!

I just thought I'd give a quick run down of the updates included in this package, rather than chase down the link. :)

First up, and this is a big one:

Glyph Forging

The time has come to put your arcane skills to the test. Find shards, combine them into a glyph, add the glyph to a piece of jewelry BAM. You have yourself a brand new business venture, a surprise punch, an extra bit of protection, the list goes on and on! Have fun and tinker around with the system. I can't wait to hear what kind of weird contraptions and gizmos these mages will pull up. Big shout out to the devs who worked on this.

Next up, another new feature:
Tax Evasion For the Leaders!!!
Just kidding.
Basically, towns often have a treasury, held by players. Which then gets taxed by the system, so the treasury is taxing itself. Or it did! But no longer!

Some bug fixes as well:
Elstree Forest quest now correctly points to the right item.
Decius Cerasus now asks for what he actually wants in his quest.
Elves are now appropriately aged. Long story short, Illarion does not allow for child characters to walk and exist in the game. Elves were able to create themselves to be a child. This has been corrected, and put them at the youngest age of 180.
NPC's have been given a long discussion on being too talkative and disruptive. They will cycle their text in a more appropriate manner.
Crafting times have been adjusted.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Thank you very much for this summary!
Eonar

Post by Eonar »

Vern Kron wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:06 am Elves are now appropriately aged. Long story short, Illarion does not allow for child characters to walk and exist in the game. Elves were able to create themselves to be a child. This has been corrected, and put them at the youngest age of 180.

What about elves that are under 180 years old? Do I have to ask a Gm if he adjusts that to my character?
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

There was a bug with glyph forging and old mages. Now, also old mages can trigger the glpyh forging using their wand.

Eonar wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:24 am What about elves that are under 180 years old? Do I have to ask a Gm if he adjusts that to my character?
That would probably be the best thing to do. Or we increase the age of those characters automatically with the next update.
EDIT: Nevermind. I guess we need to do it automatically with the next update.
Mirai Belisai

Post by Mirai Belisai »

<Eine kurze Frage zu den "findbaren" Ritualplätzen.
Gibt es da zu einem Zeitpunkt immer nur einen irgendwo auf der Karte?
Ich frage weil ich nun ein paar Mal einen schon größeren Teil der Karte abgelaufen bin, aber noch keinen gefunden hab, was aber ja auch einfach nur Pech sein kann.>

-> Ok.... man muss nur wissen was man machen muss.... den vom Hempty konnte ich per Suche finden. ;-)

zum Vorbereiten des Ritualplatzes:
das scheint keinen Skill-Effekt zu haben?

Zu den Kerzenhaltern:
Da passen die Kommentare nicht ganz, bzw. der Vorgang.
Wenn man sie aufhebt, kommt die Beschreibung, daß sie zerbröseln. Tatsächlich hat man sie danach mit einer Objektbeschreibung, daß sie unbrauchbar seien, im Inventar.
Tatsächlich kann man sie aber bei der nächsten Vorbereitung wieder verwenden oder auch so mit einer Kerze versehen, mit sie wieder den Text haben, das sie zum Ritual gehören.
Tialdin

Post by Tialdin »

Ist es Absicht, das die Fertigungszeit für 10 Schleudersteinen aus einem Steinblock jetzt bei ca. 30 Sekunden liegt?
Mir kommt das viel zu lang vor und ich meine mich zu erinnern, das das mal viel viel schneller ging.

Da davon auch der Verschleiß der Meissel und der "Hunger" betroffen sind.
Kann man nicht einmal mehr 100 Steinblöcke verarbeiten ohne zwei mal den Meissel zu reparieren
und etwas Essen zu gehen.

Bei Pfeilen sieht es leider genauso aus.

Könnte man da die Fertigungszeiten auf ein drittel also 1 Sekunde pro Item = 10 Sekunden für 10 Stück senken?
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Ich stimme Tialdin zu. Ich sollte zumindest in der Lage dazu sein 500 Kiesel oder Pfeile herzustellen ohne dazwischen pausieren zu müssen um das Werkzeug zu tauschen oder zu essen. Und das ganze sollte insgesamt nicht länger als 5 minuten dauern, denn da schaltet ja die Idle-Sperre ein...
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Bestätigt, hier wird an der falschen Stelle multipliziert.
Tialdin

Post by Tialdin »

Betroffen sind (ohne Garantie für Vollständigkeit)

Steine (Schleudersteine)
Pfeile
Armbrustbolzen
Windpfeile
Tialdin

Post by Tialdin »

Auch die Zeit beim Getreide dreschen ist mit 5 bis 6 Sekunden
pro 1 Getreidebündel = 2 Getreide (häufchen) ganz schön lang geworden.