Black/Blank Screen(UNfixed)

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Gishmel

Black/Blank Screen(UNfixed)

Post by Gishmel »

FIXED:
I checked and saw that my Java client updated within hours of me not being able to play so I manually updated drivers and restarted. Hope this helps someone in the future. An old post by Nitters lead me to this conclusion. Thanks Nitters :wink:

Help, I'm surrounded by darkness!

When I log in everything is black/blank. The text box, food, mana and health bars are there, but blank. I tried looking through old posts for things that may help but I can't find much. I do see the quest and news in the launcher. I've tried reinstalling the game a few times. Thanks.
Last edited by Gishmel on Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Achae Eanstray

Re: Black/Blank Screen

Post by Achae Eanstray »

This I assume is just recently...have you tried a different character? Also if you updated java are you sure you have 32 or 64, the right one for your computer..do you have an error message you can post?

Try asking on discord also and see if can get more help. https://illarion.org/community/us_chat.php

Drugar has a good idea also.. check firewall :)
Drugar Stonesmasher

Post by Drugar Stonesmasher »

Firewall? or anything of that kind?

i use to get a black screen when the client cannot reach the server, i.e. when its down.

but i believe in that case it should say something, like it cannot connect.
Lia

Post by Lia »

Have you ever looked if your graphics card meets the requirements?

The same problem with the black screen had a friend once. For him, the graphics card has not met the requirements, which one needs to be able to play Illarion.
Gishmel

Post by Gishmel »

I'm properly running the 64 bit version. Have tried multiple characters too. I have a good enough graphics card. 24 hours or so ago I was playing on the same laptop that is having the issue. :( Tried turning off firewell and adding/removing the launcher. Not sure what other program I would allow. I'll keep trying things and ask on Discord later if I can't solve it. Thanks everyone.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Did you get it working?
Rincewind

Re: Black/Blank Screen(FIXED)

Post by Rincewind »

Had the same problem like OP. Told windows to search for updates... it made a bunch (also updated java without effect). Now it works again. Thanks for the hint. :mrgreen:
Brightrim
Developer

Post by Brightrim »

Rincewind wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:51 pm Had the same problem like OP. Told windows to search for updates... it made a bunch (also updated java without effect). Now it works again. Thanks for the hint. :mrgreen:
The game was also lagging just a few hours ago due to a swarm of madness mummies getting out of hand, which prevented people from logging in resulting in just a black screen with empty food, health, mana bar etc upon trying to do so. So if this happened around 17:00-ish, that might've been to blame.
Gishmel

Post by Gishmel »

It happened again. I updated java, now the game won't work. Tried windows updates and drivers as well this time. :roll: Any ideas?
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Gishmel wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:11 am It happened again. I updated java, now the game won't work. Tried windows updates and drivers as well this time. :roll: Any ideas?
Can you go back to the java you had before updating...or delete java and download from the game?
Gishmel

Post by Gishmel »

I tried a few older versions of Java now and tried reverting to my older graphics driver. Also reinstalled client a few times.

My characters do not appear logged in online but I can select them and I see them load. Still the black screen with mana/health bars empty etc.
Achae Eanstray

Re: Black/Blank Screen(UNfixed)

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Assume you made java and illarion trusted with your firewall as mentioned earlier in the thread? Your firewall program could have updated plus did whatever you did before to get it working....