Common wording errors / gängige Fehler bei der Wortbedeutung

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Drugar Stonesmasher

Common wording errors / gängige Fehler bei der Wortbedeutung

Post by Drugar Stonesmasher »

Ohne oberlehrerhaft erscheinen zu wollen möchte ich hier ein paar falsche Begriffsverwendungen im Englischen auflisten,
da mir bei mir selber ebenfalls solche Falschgebräuche aufgefallen sind.
Insofern sei jeder eingeladen gleiches zu posten, wenn es ihm auffällt.

auftehen heist nicht raise sondern rise

"raise" : aufziehen (raise a child), steigern (raise your profit), anschneiden (raise a topic)
"rise" : aufstehen (to rise), wachsen , anwachsen (rising anger), aufsteigen (to rise in respect), erheben (a mountain rises)
Last edited by Drugar Stonesmasher on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
rakust dorenstkzul

Re: Common wording errors / gängige Fehler bei der Wortbedeutung

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes, I think you are wrong. In an age where false morels are a diamond dozen, true bird shoes are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So, I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can, because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying, it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument, you seem to throw everything in but the kitch and stink, and even though you are having a feel day with this, I am here to bring you back into realty. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your red or brick. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of morel righteousness. A perquisite is to remember what comes around grows abound, and when supply and command fails, you will be the first to go. Mark my worlds, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to kill two stoned birds. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and except the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but, I swear on my mother's grade and her mating name that, when you put the petal to the medal, you will past with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
Drugar Stonesmasher

Post by Drugar Stonesmasher »

:?:

sorry i am lost
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I believe some feel the wording matters greatly and some players don't. I guess the important thing is we RP in game and on the forum. Will close this thread but thank you for pointing out to those that wish to learn the best way. :)

As usual, let me know if anyone wishes to open it again.
Achae