Server...

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Achae Eanstray

Server...

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Says it is up but it isn't. Not sure what the problem is but am curious why it says up. Everyone else with a problem also?

Achae
Caswir

Re: Server...

Post by Caswir »

Others are having the same problem. Server has to be reset.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Same here, tested it in the evening yesterday.
Lia

Post by Lia »

Bitte sagt mir bei euch kommt auch "Verbindung zum Server fehlgeschlagen"

Please tell me when you want log in there come a message something like: "Connection to the server failed"

I think all along that it's just my problem and now i read this here. :shock:
Brightrim
Developer

Post by Brightrim »

It seems to be the log-in server and not the server, hence why it says it is up.
Reason why I say this:
Yesterday I got the error after logging out, not being able to log back in. However three people were still online, and I updated the list a few times after that to see if anyone else was able to log in, and those three people logged out at seperate times throughout the next few hours, all the way until no one was on, while no one else logged in during this time. During normal server crashes, everyone online will be stuck as showing online on the list, then disappear all at once, not one by one.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Just as an aside... testing dev and release server, get the same message.
Betty

Post by Betty »

"Verbindung zum Server fehlgeschlagen" ... ist die Meldung, welche ich gestern Abend bekommen habe. Ich bin gestern Abend an der Mine bei Galmair aus dem Spiel geflogen und ein Login war danach nicht mehr möglich (mehrere Versuche zu unterschiedlichen Zeiten).
Heute (17:30 Uhr) ist kein login möglich. Gleiche Fehlermeldung: "Verbindung zum Server fehlgeschlagen"
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

Brightrim perhaps situation was similar to that what happened in last times when people who were online could log off in chosen time, but they couldn't save progress and new people couldn't log in. I fear that we can lose several days because game's state will be rewinded. For me this scenario will be disaster.
Seajiha
Developer

Post by Seajiha »

Hello there!,

the server is most probably offline due to an error with the client updater. It is a nasty bug and may take some time to be resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I hope that not that much ingame progress will be lost but one cannot guarantee it.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Seajiha wrote:Hello there!,

the server is most probably offline due to an error with the client updater. It is a nasty bug and may take some time to be resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I hope that not that much ingame progress will be lost but one cannot guarantee it.

Thank you for the update! :D Since some time, would appreciate continued updates on how long ... if possible.
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

im glad is not just me...
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Seajiha wrote:Hello there!,

:arrow: Good luck with solving the problem, and we are all waiting for a new login
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Seems to be working.. yeah and thanks!
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

it;s fixed yay!
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

No one getting kicked off constantly but me? In game less then one minute and java 1057000 second time... first time didn't add them up since I had three java running... no time to look at ping etc. Maybe just me. :(

After running a trace-route I talked to my isp who is going to replace my modem... crossing fingers!
Lhosseth

Post by Lhosseth »

It works for me, I'm not getting kicked. There was some lag, but that went away, so was most likely my connection.

Thanks for fixing it! :D