House of the Silver Gryphon

All about Cadomyr and its Guilds. / Alles über Cadomyr und die Gilden in Cadomyr.

Moderators: Rosaline Edwards, Gamemasters

Silver Gryphon

Post by Silver Gryphon »

Sixth house of Cadomyr
"Service Before Self"

Service unto the many is as vital as service unto the few. We believe that service exists in many forms. A warrior defending the town walls to protect the citizens within is as valuable as the armorer that arms him. A priest serves the gods as well as the people and mages serve through the acquisition of literature and education of others. All those who seek to serve honourably are welcome in our hall.
Last edited by Silver Gryphon on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Silver Gryphon

Re: House of the Silver Gryphon

Post by Silver Gryphon »

Members Roster
House Noble: Baron Dantagon Marescot

Champion - Can only be held by those with rank of knight in Cadomyr

Warder

Steward
Alrotnu Io'Sulnoz - Right hand of the Baron
Sir Caine Trevall

Retainer
Sir Iri Aurum - Alchemist of the House

Associate
Sir Rothmore
Alrotnu Io'Sulnoz

Aspirant

Leave of Absence
Sir Exelous - Retainer
Dame Reena - Retainer
Caylyn Bran - Aspirant
Sir Caine Trevall - Steward

Role of Rank within the House:
Rank within the House is less to distinguish hierarchy and instead to speak volumes of the individuals members and their work both for the House and the Realm. Each member holds their own abilities which although different, are equal to another. At the same time, it is the duty of each member to gain notary throughout not only the realm, but all of Illarion for their deeds. Deeds done by them are deeds done by the House. Honours done unto them are honours done to the House.
Last edited by Silver Gryphon on Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Silver Gryphon

Post by Silver Gryphon »

House Archives
Nobles Oath
Note: Work in progress. Needs to sound better.
Members Oath
To be spoken with hand upon the nobles sword upon becoming an Associate.
This day do I render,
Faithful Service to the Noble of the Silver Gryphons
Chosen by Her Majesty Rosaline Edwards,
Queen of Cadomyr,
From my mouth to my hand I do swear,
To defend the Realm in battle,
To be courteous and kind,
To honour the respectable gods,
To serve where serve I might,
And to be a shield to those who have none.
Thus swear I ____________
Knightly Virtues
Humility: To put value in the deeds of others first and foremost. Speak highly of the accomplishments of others before the accomplishments of yourself. If your deeds are truly worthy and great, then they shall speak louder than your words. In doing so, you will be an example that others wish to follow.

Courage: The willingness stand steadfast in the face of adversity. To uphold the highest of truths in all matters. It takes courage to stand up for what is right and just and to be willing to be the change you wish to see in the world. However it should be noted that courage's brother is stupidity, and pointless risks and sacrifice bring little honour.

Justice: To always seek out and do what is right. Do not limit justice to the enemies of the Realm, but to stop injustices done to others. Seek first to solve injustices with words as your blade should be a last resort. Be merciful when the situation calls for it. Know that the world is not simply black and white, truth may be found within the gray.

Loyalty: The unwavering commitment to others and ideals. The bond between brothers in the shield wall and willingness to help keep each other on the right path. Your words are your bond. Oaths are not given lightly and debts should always be paid. Your loyalty should never be for sale and you should be aware of false loyalty in others.

Largesse: Be as generous as your resources allow, be it in the clothing and feeding of others, or the teaching of your abilities. Be known as a giver of gifts, while expecting nothing in return. The giving of things should not be limited to material goods. For a kind word or action will resonate with a person for years to come.

Faith: Keep faith in the honourable gods, in your own beliefs, and in others. You must be uncompromising in your faith, but you should not do so blindly. Be willing to reflect upon your values and why they are held. To accept beliefs or orders blindly without reflecting upon them could have dire consequences and lead to your death or that of others.

Courtesy: Treat all other, regardless of their rank and/or station with respect. To always be polite towards others and exhibit good manners. The truest test of a knight’s courtesy is to continue to do so in the face of another's discourtesy and others bad manners should not be returned in kind.

Franchise: Be fitting of your rank and station in all appearances and actions and be accountable in your responsibilities. Seek to live by all the virtues in your day to day life. Own your mistakes and attempt to make right by them and learn to be a better person. Be an example for all others and someone that others can look up to.
Last edited by Silver Gryphon on Sun May 06, 2018 4:35 am, edited 7 times in total.
Silver Gryphon

Post by Silver Gryphon »

House Archives (con't)
Last edited by Silver Gryphon on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silver Gryphon

Post by Silver Gryphon »

House archives (in case more space is needed)
Silver Gryphon

Post by Silver Gryphon »

The House of the Silver Gryphon will lead an investigation of key Letma invasion sites on ((Donnerstag, 29 März. Thursday at 1.00 GMT+2// Wednesday the 28th of March at 7pm EST)). All those who are willing to help investigate are welcomed. We shall meet upon the market square of Cadomyr before venturing forth.

This will be the first of a few investigations. Others shall be announced as the time and information arises.

Baron Dantagon Marescot
Silver Gryphon

Post by Silver Gryphon »

The House of the Silver Gryphon will lead an investigation of key Letma invasion sites on ((April 15th, 2pm Est//20.00 GMT+2)). All those who are willing to help investigate are welcomed. We shall meet upon the market square of Cadomyr before venturing forth. Since the last investigation involved other areas around Illarion, this investigation will solely revolve around the mountain of Letma.

Baron Dantagon Marescot
Silver Gryphon

Post by Silver Gryphon »

Alrotnu Io'Sulnoz has joined the House as an Aspirant. He is a budding blacksmith and formidable warrior. I ask that all welcome him and guide him upon his path.

In Service to Cadomyr,
Baron Dantagon Marescot
Silver Gryphon

Post by Silver Gryphon »

There will be a brief meeting of the House of the Silver Gryphons on ((June 10th at 2 pm EST//10 Juni 20.00 GMT+2)). Citizens with questions or concerns pertaining to Cadomyr may speak with the Baron during this time. This will also be a chance for those to wear their oaths to the House. Unfortunately the new cloaks are not yet finished and can not be distributed at this time. We will however have the chance to distribute arms and potions before the coming of Mas. Afterwards, those that remain may gather in the courtyard by the Villa Edwards to train. However, we will have one task that must be completed by the house prior to practice.

Prior to that, I need a small group of individuals to accompany on a hunt for a nest of fire spiders. I plan to conduct this hunt on ((June 8th at 3 pm)). The Desert Fox has agreed to join us in this endeavor.

In Service to the Queen,
Baron Dantagon Marescot
Silver Gryphon

Post by Silver Gryphon »

Alrotnu Io'Sulnoz has sworn the Oath and been made an Associate of the House. He was joined by Sir Caine Trevall in doing so. Those members who were not present should seek out the House Noble and swear their oaths.

In Service to the Queen,
Baron Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Due to a problem with the wine shipment, the wine festival has been moved to ((1/20 at 1pm EST//21.00 GMT+2)).

((RL happened, sorry to not move this sooner))
Dantagon Marescot

The House of the Silver Gryphon is saddened to hear of the sudden retirement of Patrician-knight Ssarney. We wish him a happy retirement and the break he deserves after his lengthy continued service to Cadomyr.

The Baroness and I shall discuss the Serpent Tower among other things going forward.

Baron Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

The House of the Silver Gryphon will be leading a patrol of the Cadomyrian Desert on ((April 26th at 3.00 pm East//21.00 GMT+2)). All able-bodied and armed citizens are welcomed to join. Depending on numbers, part of the patrol may involve small unit tactics to help build better unit cohesion among the warriors of Cadomyr.

Baron Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

Due to issues out of my control that require me to be on leave from Cadomyr for the next few Dwarven weeks, I am raising Alrotnu to the Rank of Steward and placing him as temporary figurehead of the House of the Silver Gryphon.

Baron Dantagon Marescot