Strange Happenings

All about Runewick and its Guilds. / Alles über Runewick und die Gilden in Runewick.

Moderators: Elvaine Morgan, Gamemasters

Dantagon Marescot

Strange Happenings

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Something strange is occurring in the fields outside of Runewick. Dark clouds and lightening are appearing around the pillars, and crops are growing at an alarming rate in the fields. The local farmers are curious and concerned. I am hoping some of the local mages could shed light on what is going on for them.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
thebigbear

Re: Strange Happenings

Post by thebigbear »

Yes, I, too, wonder what is happening to our fields outside the city. But, if no one cares about the problem, why should I? (( Another example why people may leave the game )). Whatever.
Last edited by thebigbear on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charlotte-ate-wilbur

Post by Charlotte-ate-wilbur »

It appears the Academic council hasn't even set foot outside the town, it seems they are more interested in putting indictments on someone for leaving wood around.

_Unsigned
Lia

Post by Lia »

Instead of spreading lies here without names and complaining, one could be show patient.
Why that happens there, and how we can do something against it, is not explained in a few days.

So unless you have anything helpful to contribute to solving this case, It would be better to keep silent and be patient.

To you Dantagon, thank you for the report.

~ Tarias
nathi

Post by nathi »

Since Dantagon reported this issue, the appearance of the named plants has already been studied by the Runewickans Djironnyma, Lhosseth, Fressia, Sheldon and myself.

While the mages investigate clues about the effects of mana flow, alchemists will investigate the authenticity of these plants.

As long as the results have not yet been determined, we kindly ask you to refrain from harvesting or processing these occurrences as a precautionary measure.

Please admire the impressive view during this time.

~Deanna
Brightrim
Developer

Post by Brightrim »

More plants grew today when Katharina Ross and I visited to have a look at the rumored plants.
These plants took a halfess named Freesia captive, and seemed impossible to cut down, however they surprisingly appeared to be conscient,
as they retracted and hid away upon being threatened that they would be set on fire if they did not stop, freeing the halfess in the process.
Among the newly grown plants were ferns that tried to tie people down, as well as what appeared to be a carnivorous hostile plant.

A. Brightrim
Cadomyrian Knight and Alchemist
thebigbear

Post by thebigbear »

If fire seems a threat to the plant growth, why not burn them out and remove the threat? Sounds like its time to pack up my tent and move to some place a lot less hazardous.
Lia

Post by Lia »

to you unknown

Why do not you do it ? Only whining and moaning brings nothing at all.
nathi

Post by nathi »

Burning the plants might be a possibility. However, we do not know what consequences countermeasures can have.

Since we do not assume a natural appearance, caution is advised. For this reason, investigations are planned.

Its wise and recommented to avoid this certain area. Caution is called for when it comes to passages.

Tarias has already proven itself with the care of dragons that seeking for refuge.

Therefore I suggest that he organizes and supervises a self-help group especially for halflings without acres.

~Deanna
nathi

Post by nathi »

The alchemical investigation yielded the following result:

The plant was investigated, which was already remarkable for its extraordinary aggression towards warm-blooded creatures.

As measures such as disposal by incineration were discussed in advance,
leaves of this plant were fired in a dry and heated cauldron in a controlled manner. Neither reactions occurred in the cauldron nor on the original plant.

The further and determining alchemical investigation showed that the samples taken from this plant do not have a natural reaction when ingesting minerals or do not absorb them as we add them in the form of catalytic gemstone dust.

The product of this reaction could be classified as harmless under current knowledge and is under observation.

Details of the investigation will be presented to the Council on request.

~Deanna
snus-mumrik
Developer

Post by snus-mumrik »

A small piece of parchment is attached below:
In an attempt to better understand what these plants are I have dug out a tomato plant from the fields and with help of Era and Amira replanted it on the closest of Twin Eyes islands, just after the bridge, near a blackberry bush. We should watch it and see how it behaves away from the columns, if it dies or maybe spreads new strange plants around it.
Olaf Advarefoss.
Amira Ranevskaya

Post by Amira Ranevskaya »

The letter has been removed.
Last edited by Amira Ranevskaya on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nathi

Post by nathi »

Unfortunately, due to my trip I was not able to attend the last town meeting, at least not in time. The reason for my trip was to ask my uncle and former teacher for advice. Laraméen is not a magician, not a alchemist nor a priest, but he is a savant of nature and plants. For example, he knows how to listen to trees.
I was worried by the fact that these wild plants were moving towards Runewick, I collected some samples of the wild leaves so that he could examine them.
Already after a few days he came to the realization that this movement should be stopped in order to save the town from overgrowth, should this not be desired.
After further days of reflection, he advised me to build a wall from plants in front of the one between the city and the approaching plants, comparable to a counter back fire in case of a forest fire. After examining the samples he was sure that at least these plant species would not migrate to the already overgrown area. We can control the spread of our own plants without any risk.
Fressia had concerns about this proposal that we could not pass this wall of plants. A magical portal on both sides would be conceivable. I would be very happy to discuss the next steps with Amira and others.

~Deanna
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Before we decide how to solve that problem we have to understand it, mostly we have to know sure about the source. Currently all we have are hints and theories. We will wait for the results of cleric Grimlers investigations. Then everyone who is interested to help will be invited to a meeting to create a plan how to deal with that problem.

~Djiornnyma