Artifact Creation

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Charlotte-ate-wilbur

Re: Artifact Creation

Post by Charlotte-ate-wilbur »

So could the Glass orb be used as a catalyst for a summoned monster or is this not possible? Or perhaps another object could be used? Any replies?
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

Charlotte-ate-wilbur wrote:So could the Glass orb be used as a catalyst for a summoned monster or is this not possible? Or perhaps another object could be used? Any replies?
Summoning any creature is left to druids.
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

Done on schedule
related Mantis: http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=11732

Artifact creation has been finished except the assignment of graphics to the new or changed items.
Assigning graphics to items seems to be a lost knowledge in Illarion. I've asked that question frequently for 4 month now and there was nobody able to tell how that can be done.

So far everything works but the graphic is shitty (same situation as glyph magic). All new items kooks like a Mölkky.
btw: The graphic files exist already.
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

I have an issue with the static tool.
The item mage desk (550, 551 see https://imgur.com/a/lgyhc) exists 57 times on the map. It is generally used as desk in libraries etc. and has a huge impact on the understanding of different location.
According to the game design principles there should be 1-2 static tools in each town and 1 in the wilderness.

What shall be done?
1. Remove all 57 items and redesign the map?
2. Create a new item using the same graphics. The graphic may be changed if a graphic artist can provide a new picture.
3. Have numerous (57) static tools for mages all over on the map?

I'd prefer No 2.
To do it perfect we'd just need a slightly adapted graphic of the existing item. A fully designed desk of the same size would be possible too.
snus-mumrik
Developer

Post by snus-mumrik »

Banduk wrote: Artifact creation has been finished except the assignment of graphics to the new or changed items.
Assigning graphics to items seems to be a lost knowledge in Illarion. I've asked that question frequently for 4 month now and there was nobody able to tell how that can be done.
This is very sad. I took a look at the source code and after quite a long time I understand this:
- There exists a table Items.dat that describes all item properties, including some metadata for loading the sprite (name, number of frames)
- To make things more interesting, this table is encrypted, but the public key for decryption is provided with the client. I don't really understand the purpose of this encryption. Maybe it's there to prove that the file was created by official development team (but who would wish to hack it?), or to avoid regular players to have info on all the game items etc (unless they really-really want to). The decrypted file looks like this:

Code: Select all

3,3,2,"flour",1,0,-1,-8,0,0,0,1,5,0,0,0,0,0,"(flour)",0,0,20,0,-1,-1,-1,-1,0,
4,3,3,"logs_fir",1,0,0,-16,0,0,0,1,6,0,0,0,20,0,"(conifer wood)",0,0,20,0,-1,-1,-1,-1,0,
- This also has some similarity to the table "items" inside server database (that you can see if you run local server vm), but it is far from being the same:

Code: Select all

3	1	100	4	[fk]3	item.woodlogs	FALSE	0	100	1	1000	Nadelholz	conifer wood	 	 	1	coniferWood	0
2	1	25	4	[fk]2	NULL			FALSE	0	100	1	1000	Mehl		flour			 	 	1	flour		0
- The (encrypted) .dat file is stored inside rsc_tables_***.jar (where *** is a version number). I don't know exactly how this file finds its way to you pc. It seems that the regular client downloads it and puts into Program Files, and if you build by yourself then it is downloaded during build process and stored in gradle cache dir. I've found such files here, but I'm not sure if this is the main download location or just an archive.
- Also I have not the slightest idea of which script generates this file.
- Then there is rsc_items_***.jar, which conatins an XML file with metadata and 2 png file with actual sprites. Again, it seems to be downloaded from same location.

Bottom line, it seems that technically adding a new item sprite to the game is not too difficult, but it seems that there was some kind of a process to properly pack all the data into jar files and all that, and I don't know how that was done.
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

@Developer!
If you are interested in these finished and locally tested development please copy all artifact related documents immediately from my private storages (git, google etc)
My helath forcast currently went down the drain and I ordered that my private storages has to be deleted on death.

Banduk
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

I have it in my repository. Will double-check if all is there.