Update November 2017

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Jupiter
Developer

Re: Update November 2017

Post by Jupiter »

Ranwyln wrote:hm do mageclothes/wands/amulets/rings get worn off by using em too or only when you are hitted ?
In both cases. When you attack, and when you defend.
Ranwyln

Post by Ranwyln »

Thanks for the quick answers :)
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Djironnyma wrote:warrior>archer>mage>warrior

Thats the princip we try to balance. So yes a mage is support to beat a Warrior, still concidering how fast you can kill a mage with a close combat weapon even that isnt guaranteed
That's totally fine. If you guys want to roll down that direction, you have my full support!

But the thing about it is that:

In order to become the best warrior you need to -
- Max heavy, medium and light armour
- Max puncture, slashing and concussion (archery, if you're really fussy) weapons
- Max parry
- Max mining and digging - you will need coins from selling ore and digging maps (a fighters high constitution makes this the most viable option) and hunting is not the best way to gain coins quick, unless you farm Letma - which won't be there all the time
- Pay for repairs of all armour and weapons, and now pay for new products on the regular, as well as magical defense items
- Socket all weapons and armours with high ranked gemstones
In order to become the best mage you need to -
- Max wand
- Max tailoring or farming for coins
- Wear expensive clothes and jewelry

So thats 9(10ish) skills I need to become the best warrior and 2/3 skills I need to be the best mage. Balancing that would be the trick, I guess. And I 'm aware that everything is still in development, but I'm just sharing my thoughts on the news post :wink: .

What you need is different classes for the element wands (water, fire, spirit, air, earth) and a level system associated with them, as well as a level system associated with clothing, a level system associated with jewelry. That would bump the mage skills needed from 3ish up to 10ish compared to the fighters 10ish. Which is a start to a level playing field, right? Introduce the gemming system for them as well.

Again, nothing wrong with a mage being more powerful than a warrior, but they need to earn it. Know what I mean? Make them work for it. Would give me a good motivation to play mage, personally. I like a challenge.

EDIT - I almost forgot battlemages :!:

Of course, battlemages would have to do all of the above, in order to become the gods of war they are destined to be. Because gods of war is exactly what they will be at this point.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Having a fighter,archer and mage.. I prefer to simplify fighting rather then complicate magic (be aware magic is still temporary also).

I believe this is on some "to do" list also.. will wait for someone more knowledgeable. :)
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Despite being slightly exaggerated, Kugar's observation is quite right. The magic concept speaks of seven magic skills what is quite the same as the seven or eight fighting skills. The plan is there, we just need to implement it. Wand magic is just a stop gap solution to keep mages busy while waiting for real magic ;-).
Drugar Stonesmasher

Post by Drugar Stonesmasher »

Well,

how about a test for a battle involving mages. I guess this would also help balancing.

A few archers, some fighters and some mages.
I would suggest ungemmed equipment and a limitation of potions like 1 red und a max of 3 violet ones.

(all out of game of course)
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

I'm most afraid that now everyone even if not wearing armors at the moment will wear same clothes like an army of clones. Forcing people to look same is very bad. I think every 100s level armors/robes/clothes should have all types of look.
Djironnyma wrote:warrior>archer>mage>warrior

Thats the princip we try to balance. So yes a mage is support to beat a Warrior, still concidering how fast you can kill a mage with a close combat weapon even that isnt guaranteed
This is okay.