Update November 2017

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Estralis Seborian

Update November 2017

Post by Estralis Seborian »

A new update was released. See this news entry for details:

http://illarion.org/general/us_news.php ... 0#news_480

---

Ein neues Update wurde veröffentlicht. Hier der dazugehörige News-Eintrag:

http://illarion.org/general/de_news.php ... 0#news_480
Drugar Stonesmasher

Re: Update November 2017

Post by Drugar Stonesmasher »

I dont know if this was intended but the Galmair Market Place Building has vanished.
Nikolaus

Post by Nikolaus »

Intended.
Brightrim
Developer

Post by Brightrim »

Hair dresser bug:
If you try a "help/hilfe" message the reply is visible to everyone, not just the player issuing the message like with other npcs.

Repair system:
Is it really intentional for the cost of a repair to be the same as the items production cost?
Only makes it worth it to repair perfect items, that way, since otherwise you can make a new one for the same cost and hopefully make a better quality one while at it.
Additionally, it seems a bit too punishing that level 100 armor and other items that require pure elements would require them to repair that item, since it basically discourages using level 100 armor when fighting and instead promotes using level 90 armor as it'd be way cheaper to repair.
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

Brightrim wrote:Hair dresser bug:
If you try a "help/hilfe" message the reply is visible to everyone, not just the player issuing the message like with other npcs.

Repair system:
Is it really intentional for the cost of a repair to be the same as the items production cost?
Only makes it worth it to repair perfect items, that way, since otherwise you can make a new one for the same cost and hopefully make a better quality one while at it.
Additionally, it seems a bit too punishing that level 100 armor and other items that require pure elements would require them to repair that item, since it basically discourages using level 100 armor when fighting and instead promotes using level 90 armor as it'd be way cheaper to repair.
See http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... =3&t=41755
And you are right, using everywhere your perfect 100% full gemmed gear will become more expensive.
Caswir

Post by Caswir »

Hat Bonus?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Brightrim
Developer

Post by Brightrim »

I had a look at the haircutter.lua and have made a pull request after correcting 32 lines of the English grammar.
JacobB

Post by JacobB »

Banduk wrote:And you are right, using everywhere your perfect 100% full gemmed gear will become more expensive.
What else should a master fighter use? Use training stuff outside during treasure hunts, exploring caves (e.g. Akultat), or fight the Bone Lord and his clan?

I do not understand the reason to change the repair system in that manner.
Player repair is much too expensive.
NPC repair has a chance to reduce item quality.
Both alternatives are bad from my chars perspective.

Why are you unilaterally punishing only fighter characters?
And on the other hand favor smithing crafts only?
Take from the fighters and give to the already rich smiths?
That does not really make sense to me.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Just adding these questions on repair also... http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... =6&t=41757
Tyan Masines

Post by Tyan Masines »

Sounds like another great update, all in all. It's especially cool that finally there are no "useless" slots in the inventory any more!

It will be much harder to maintain perfect equipment and it's a huge money drain. If that was the intention of it, it'll play out nicely (without assessing the consequences yet).

When it comes to jewelry, do bonuses of the same rings stack? As in, can a character wear two rings of the same kind, or will two different ones have to be worn for bonus? Very specific question, but I guess rings are the only possibility for this as they have two slots.
Nikolaus

Post by Nikolaus »

You can wear the same rings.
Tyan Masines

Post by Tyan Masines »

It will probably take more testing, but in a first attempt I have to assess that wearing expensive jewelry and partly expensive clothing had little to no effect on magical resistance.

I was wearing armor in a second try (it did not have effect anymore), Archmages Robe (perfect), two Archmages rings (perfect and excellent) and an Icebird Amulet (perfect).

A level 60 staff mage was able to take away roughly 60% of my health in 6-7 seconds. A warrior of the same class and level, I think, could never do that.
But like I said -- it was only one first test. Appears slightly OP now though.
Lia

Post by Lia »

Neulinge haben einige Vorteile (billigere Teleporter, kein Verlust von Items bei Tod, schnellere Wiederbelebung bei Tod, weniger Schaden an Werkzeugen, Waffen und Rüstungen)
Wie lange gilt jemand als Neuling? Das scheint nämlich augenscheinlich eine sehr sehr lange Zeit zu sein. Und dafür sind das schon zuviele "Nettigkeiten.
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

Planes can be gemmed
... we have planes?
*can't wait to dive-bomb the impure*

I am really digging the update. The changes to repairs will certainly breathe some life into the crafting of armour and weapons.
Easing the game for people in the first weeks after account creation (who usually have no clue of what they are doing) seems just right, too.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Does the quality of jewellery and clothes matter for magic bonus?
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

S'rrt wrote:Does the quality of jewellery and clothes matter for magic bonus?
They should. But there is a bug with that, so quality doesn't matter right now. Will be fixed with the next update.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Thank you for the answer.

Can the quality of an item repaired at the NPC degrade more than once?
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Repairing items at the repair NPC has a chance the item quality decreases.
Players can repair items.
Woohoo, a perk for blacksmith chars!
Players that die lose some common items
Woohoo, a perk for Jefferson chars!
Magic bonus was implemented. Jewellery and clothes which are not armour parts (e.g. robes or wizard hats) give a magic bonus.
Woohoo... Er... Uh... Cue every warrior character in the game wearing:
Tyan Masines wrote:Archmages Robe (perfect), two Archmages rings (perfect and excellent) and an Icebird Amulet (perfect).
Also
A level 60 staff mage was able to take away roughly 60% of my health in 6-7 seconds. A warrior of the same class and level, I think, could never do that.
But like I said -- it was only one first test. Appears slightly OP now though.
Pretty unbalanced, if true. Sounds like OP magic is back with a vengeance. Time to go max our mage chars, fellas.

Credit given where it is due, you did a lot of work, devs. So congrats to you for achieving that. The hairdresser is a nice thing :wink: .
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

S'rrt wrote:Can the quality of an item repaired at the NPC degrade more than once?
No, per each repair is one step possible only.
The item can break at NPC repair.

I'll add the question to the FAQ.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

To clarify as I think you may have misunderstood my question:
At the NPC, an item can go from "perfect" to "excellent" in one repair, then when it's repaired again later it can go from "excellent" to "very good", and so on?

On the contrary, when a player repairs that same item, it can only improve its quality one step per repair, toward its original quality?

Also, the FAQ now states: "An item can lose only one step in quality during one repair. If the quality degrade from the lowest quality (e.g."nearly decayed") it breaks."

"Nearly decayed", "rusty", etc. are states of item condition, not quality. Did you mean "awful", "very bad", etc.?
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Jupiter wrote:
S'rrt wrote:Does the quality of jewellery and clothes matter for magic bonus?
They should. But there is a bug with that, so quality doesn't matter right now. Will be fixed with the next update.
Now, the quality has an inlufence. Did a small hotfix to make players mortal again, and while doing so fixed the quality.
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

So, after doing some tests of my own, it does seem that magic is a little OP. Wand magic used to be very weak, now its very powerful. Going from one extreme to the next, seems like.
Armours no longer add protection against wand magic!
By 'add protection', do you mean no protection at all? (As in armor provides no defense against physical elemental blasts from a wand & enchanted, magical gemstones provide no defense against physical elemental blasts from a wand).

A few questions:

1) Since mages will now be almighty beings that can crush warriors like flies, isn't it time to consider bringing in wand levels and clothing levels that matter pertaining to gained skill (If a warrior must work his butt off to carry a sword, shield and every type of armor (then gem that weapon and armor), then its not really great that a mage should use top teir wands instantly and channel strength through certain clothing inherently. That's a balance problem)

2) Time to rethink the long target range (archers don't do nearly as much damage as mages now, yet their target distance is pretty similar, and they also cannot run while firing)?

3) Will you bring back the armor malus for mages? If not, why not?

Whilst I can understand that you want mages to be a big deal and take out the outlaws quick, the power of mages is not limited to good guys. Could get pretty ugly if not reworked a bit imo. I'll assume you guys tested this new feature quite a bit, though.
Nikolaus

Post by Nikolaus »

We know that wand magic isnt very balanced right now but there was no time for much testing. This will be addressed with the next update. Armor doesnt help against wand magic, same for any gems in the armor.
Drugar Stonesmasher

Post by Drugar Stonesmasher »

I would like to test this against a good and well armored mage.

Banduk?

The mages do have one drawback, beeing barely able to cast anymore when they are wounded.
And from now one mages are the prime target in any battle going on, i suppose.

but i think the current setting is not that far off, of what might work out well.
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Drugar Stonesmasher wrote: but i think the current setting is not that far off, of what might work out well.
Do bare in mind how quickly a maxed mage can cast (observe Djironnyma casting) and the strength of each blast with the new update. Now imagine chars like Jefferson have that power (only a matter of time).
Caswir

Post by Caswir »

I have tested this, yes it seems a bit more balance. Arcane magic is in development phase, as was decided wand magic was under powered in such circumstances.
Ranwyln

Post by Ranwyln »

How high is the chance for the weapons to loose quality in repairs ? and to be honest, a pure fighter is already one of the poorer chars and weapons and armors use off pretty quick, maybe add something like cleaning armour/weapon using sharpening stone makes em keep their quality longer.
Cause at the moment its just like alright dont fight and especially dont train in the arena or wherever you use non training armour/weapon cause the chance to just throw them into garbage is pretty high.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

warrior>archer>mage>warrior

Thats the princip we try to balance. So yes a mage is support to beat a Warrior, still concidering how fast you can kill a mage with a close combat weapon even that isnt guaranteed
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Ranwyln wrote:How high is the chance for the weapons to loose quality in repairs ?
30 % for full repair. So pretty high.
Ranwyln

Post by Ranwyln »

hm do mageclothes/wands/amulets/rings get worn off by using em too or only when you are hitted ?