Development - Tasks needed

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Banduk

Development - Tasks needed

Post by Banduk »

Lia wrote:
nathi wrote: ich finde die Idee mit dem Friseur lustig, bin aber vom Nutzen für den Aufwand nicht überzeugt.
Dem hab ich nichts mehr hinzuzufügen.
I’m running out of development tasks I could do. The next days I’m going to work with the client and hope I get that running to do the client based char creation. But even that will not keep me busy forever.

So if you have a task, I’d be glad if you could tell me which.
The task must fulfill the following conditions
  • It must be a confirmed Mantis ticket
  • It must not have any ongoing discussion or wait for external preparation.
  • It must be able to do in the scripts only.
  • There must not be any graphic, data base, client or server change necessary.
  • It must not be a task another developer is working on.
So please tell me which confirmed Mantis tickets I should take next. (Matis link: http://illarion.org/community/forums/viewforum.php?f=79
Banduk

Re: Development - Tasks needed

Post by Banduk »

[Sarcasm on]Thank you for all the input. A very clear statement that Illarion doesn't need anybody working on development tasks.[Sarcasm off]

Sad to say the same question in the developer forum has got the same incredible amount of answers.
So due to personal reasons I'll not skip Illarion development but pick me any I like and realize.
I don't think it will make it to the game but it will keeps me busy and that's worth the effort.

So I'll do:
onionball, wishing well and some ferry system mantis.
Brightrim
Developer

Post by Brightrim »

If we're making suggestions for stuff that would be nice to have but isn't an actual approved development task:
Some way to break larger magic gems into smaller ones would be nice.
Found myself accidentally making some magic gems too big, and it's difficult to find people willing to trade smaller ones for bigger ones.
I know taxes will only give latents in the future, but there's still the annoyance of not being able to break bigger ones you accidentally made or traded for, into smaller ones. Could even make for a gold sink that people would use(as opposed to some of the rarely used ones in game right now).
People screw up, it happens in most things, including when planning their magic gem sets. Feels kind of lousy to have to go searching for people that will trade smaller gems for bigger ones, when it is already hard enough to find those that trade smaller ones for smaller ones.
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

Brightrim wrote:If we're making suggestions for stuff that would be nice to have but isn't an actual approved development task:
Found myself accidentally making some magic gems too big, and it's difficult to find people willing to trade smaller ones for bigger ones.
I know taxes will only give latents in the future, but there's still the annoyance of not being able to break bigger ones you accidentally made or traded for, into smaller ones. Could even make for a gold sink that people would use(as opposed to some of the rarely used ones in game right now).
People screw up, it happens in most things, including when planning their magic gem sets. Feels kind of lousy to have to go searching for people that will trade smaller gems for bigger ones, when it is already hard enough to find those that trade smaller ones for smaller ones.
Would it acceptable pay 1 gold per gem level and to do it in a way you can break any gem to latent gems but there is a probability of let's say 0.25 * (gem level - 1) you lose one latent gem in the process? So better you look for a player or take the costs and risk (> level 4 is no risk, it's for sure!) to lose one.
Brightrim
Developer

Post by Brightrim »

Banduk wrote:
Brightrim wrote:If we're making suggestions for stuff that would be nice to have but isn't an actual approved development task:
Would it acceptable pay 1 gold per gem level and to do it in a way you can break any gem to latent gems but there is a probability of let's say 0.25 * (gem level - 1) you lose one latent gem in the process? So better you look for a player or take the costs and risk (> level 4 is no risk, it's for sure!) to lose one.
In the case of the risk of losing gems, maybe immunity to losing gems when breaking apart limited and slight gems, and starting the chances at level 4 and above, since limited(level 2) and slight(level 3) gems are more likely to be in the hands of newer characters(And thus more likely to be new players), and a loss of latent gems at that stage would be felt far more severely than by an older character and player who has the means to have level 4+ gems.
Lia

Post by Lia »

Mir würde es schon reichen wenn man nicht das Gefühl bekommt umsonst für etwas Zeit aufgebracht zu haben.
zB Bauprojekte die man schon vor Monaten den DEVS übergab und seit dem keine einzige Naricht erhielt was damit nun ist.
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

Lia wrote:Mir würde es schon reichen wenn man nicht das Gefühl bekommt umsonst für etwas Zeit aufgebracht zu haben.
zB Bauprojekte die man schon vor Monaten den DEVS übergab und seit dem keine einzige Naricht erhielt was damit nun ist.
Da kann ich leider nicht helfen. Ich habe keinerlei Rechte irgendein Feature in den Test einzuspielen geschweige denn Änderungen am Spiel vorzunehmen.

Was ich programiere landet derzeit auf Halde als Zusatz zur Glyph Magie von wo aus es nach dem nächsten Update des Spielservers als Feature für den Test vorgeschlagen werden kann. Der frühest mögliche Zeitpunkt ist also das übernächste Update.
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

Ich weiß nicht, ob es schon mal zur Sprache gebracht wurde, aber mir hat im letzten Client das Feature mit dem Packessel/Packkuh/Packgolem sehr gefallen. Du kannst dich sicher noch daran erinnern, richtig toll! So wars auch möglich in fernen Regionen Resourcen zu sammeln, geheime Handel abzuschließen usw, ohne ewig viel Rennen zu müssen, um an das Depot in der Heimatstadt zu kommen. Ich bin sicher das mir einige hier zustimmen würden, sowas wäre wirklich ein nice to have.
Nikolaus

Post by Nikolaus »

Sammy Goldlieb wrote:Ich weiß nicht, ob es schon mal zur Sprache gebracht wurde, aber mir hat im letzten Client das Feature mit dem Packessel/Packkuh/Packgolem sehr gefallen. Du kannst dich sicher noch daran erinnern, richtig toll! So wars auch möglich in fernen Regionen Resourcen zu sammeln, geheime Handel abzuschließen usw, ohne ewig viel Rennen zu müssen, um an das Depot in der Heimatstadt zu kommen. Ich bin sicher das mir einige hier zustimmen würden, sowas wäre wirklich ein nice to have.
Das wurde schon mal vorgeschlagen. Momentan nicht möglich da dies Serveränderungen benötigen würde.
http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 1&start=30
Brightrim
Developer

Post by Brightrim »

Is any work being done for a language system?

If not, that'd definitely be a good task for when you run out of tasks again.

Personally I'd like to see the [liz] **** **** ****** type of writing again.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Pretty small thing that is more text than anything: As a player, I would appreciate some manner of in-game way to tell how close I am to the next town rank. Even if it was just five statements from the notary NPC saying "You are 1/2/3/4 fifths of the way to the next rank." Would make the rank quests feel less like blindly tossing time into the void.