Maps

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Maps

Post by Konstantin K »

A tall stranger, dressed in dark clothes, covered by his black overcoat, approaches the board. He seems to be slim and fit, athletically built, although not very broad in shoulders. He looks very serious, his walking style is firm and confident, although his steps don't make much sound, if any at all. He silently nods his head to greet the few people around him, and, using a small dagger, places a written note on the board.

"I am new to this place, and currently looking for maps of the local lands. If there is a kind person able and willing to help a traveller with directions, assistance would be greatly appreciated. The only information I am looking for is how many towns and cities are there in this locality, and how would one reach the main cities and trading areas?"

Still without a word, the man nods to everyone once again, and quickly exits.
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

A note is pinned atop the original using the same dagger.

Maps are hard to come by of this land, tho there is one that gives a soul a good idea of the layout of the island. Its in the library, here is the shelf and book number; ( http://www.illarion.org/community/forum ... c&start=30 ) I hope this is of help to you.
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

When the board was empty of people, a hand, embraced by black clothes had quetly pinned yet another note without a signature:

"Thank you. Trust me, your help will not be forgotten. But is Illarion the only town? Does it have physical borders? Would it be possible to settle a small town, or at least a dwelling separate or outside the borders of Illarion? Waht about the fertility of the lands?"
Kincent Nolatri
Location: Think to your self, does Kincent stay still long enough for a location

Post by Kincent Nolatri »

Illarion is the entire island,Trollssbane is the only town, and you'll need to save your money if you want a home ((for right now your not able to have a house, or build another twon))
Sirius

Post by Sirius »

Dear Kincent Rashful,
you must explore the land a bit.
What is with the dwarventown?
Silverbrand is the name of the other town.

Sirius
Malinne

Post by Malinne »

Seeing as this is the same handwriting as she saw on the message left for her, Malinne is curious about the new stranger.

I constantly wander around the island and am very familiar with its geography. I would be able and willing to show you around if you'd like.
Aragon

Post by Aragon »

Kincent Rashful wrote:Trollssbane
*grummel*

in big letters is written under this notice

It is spelled Troll's Bane, to make a difference to the former king of the Ironhammerclan Udan Trollsbane, which is buried behind the shop.

Aragon ben Galwan
Earl and Templar of the Grey Rose
Priest of Malachin
Councilor of Lyrenzia
Kincent Nolatri
Location: Think to your self, does Kincent stay still long enough for a location

Post by Kincent Nolatri »

sorry Aragon I won't do it agin ((typo))
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

"Are there actual physical locations on the map of such organizations as guilds, orders, and castles like Lyrenzia? If not, how are people willing to join distinguish where to go? What opportunities and advantages does one gain when joining an organization? How does, for example, a clerical organization enforce it's policies accross the environment around here? All of these details are very useful for a common bypasser, because they just might make one want to stay here and settle down." - Says another note from the quiet stranger, who had been noticed from time to time by some people already.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Right now, only few guilds own buildings inside the town, as the Silverstar Merchants, and the Order of the Grey Light, which owns large parts of the library. Many other guilds have castles or buildings spread around, where the wanderer can only find them by following the descriptions which are found beside this board.
Well, what do people gain by joining an organisation? That is different. Each guild, group, order, circle and whatever else there are has certain goals where they were founded upon. By joining on of them you become a part of a larger group, and such a group can of course acieve their targets better then one person alone can do. Everything else depends on what you are looking for, and the group you wish to join.

Adano Eles

Knight of the Grey Rose
Student of the Khana Len; Apprentice of the Great Temple of the Five and Eleven
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

What about the military enforcement? If, for instance, I choose to attack a building belonging to a guild, how will it defend itself? The people from the particular guild would unite to defeat the attack? Do clans, guilds, and castles stay together and fight as a group?
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

They would kill you plain and simple nameless being.

Grant