Can I log out?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mephistopheles

Can I log out?

Post by Mephistopheles »

Is it against the rules if you choose to log out when someone is being forceful or rulebreaking?
Hew Keenaxe

Re: Can I log out?

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Mephistopheles wrote:Is it against the rules if you choose to log out when someone is being forceful or rulebreaking?
Coming from you that is funny, And I also know it wasnt me. I do wonder who it might be though. I n any case, I do think there is a delay on logging out, meaning in you do, it will be maybe 30 seconds before your character actually leaves. I dont mind if you log out on me, others may feel different. It is just a game.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

had nothing to do with you, genius
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Apologies.. I just insulted every genius in the world.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

I love being called that.. :lol:
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Still.and someone please correct me if I am wrong. Your character does not log off from the Illarion world for like 30 seconds after you try to log off. as a penalty to those that try to dodge death. Or is this a myth?
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Lol, If I called you an idiot, I'd be insulting all the idiots too.

No there is no "log out" penalty. when you hit log out, you immediately go poof.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

http://illarion.org/illarion/us_rules.php#realism
Actions of a character must not be adapted to the technical environment of the engine to maximise success. Characters have to react on external influences and must not be kept idle in the game. To evade unwanted situations that could have bad consequences for a character by logging out of the game is forbidden.

When a character is knocked down or 'killed', (s)he will suffer from injuries which should be played out. In case of a knock-out there are light injuries, in the case of death severe ones. The wounds should be played out until the health points are fully restored.
Be that as it may, I have attempted to evade some unwanted roleplay and occasionally it worked. One of my chars was on a pier and was confronted by an orc that I figured was stronger then her if it came to a fight. I roleplayed the character was getting ready to fight yet boot stepped off the pier and she landed in the water instead. Fight avoided because thankfully the other PO was good at roleplaying. :)

Another char was being robbed and she was new (really needed the coins she had) so I roleplayed she sat next to a wall and started crying. Fight avoided there also. If avoiding someone rule-breaking i.e. res killing while you are at the cross etc...I don't believe anyone would object to you logging. Ask a GM for the specific instance you were in. There is !gm or PM one. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Achae
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Thanks, that clears things up.

Though to clarify, unwanted rp scenarios happen, I'm fine with losing coin or some time. However some people don't always follow the rules, and I think I could have saved a lot of personal frustration if I decided to log during those times rather than suffering through the ridiculous scenario.

I don't claim perfection, however I don't disrespect players in a rule breaking fashion, and if I did then they should log and report it to a gm (or talk to me via pm, if I did wrong I'm not averse to taking responsibility, and then report me if you still felt like it)

Ps I'll admit I tend to respond negatively to poor behavior. which results in more problems instead of fixing the original one.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Generally, it is up to the GMs to decide about rule breaking. It's not the players' decision. My advise is to make the best of the situation rp-wise and report the case afterwards.

PS: Somewhat related to this matter: If their are ooc remarks included, do not react on them. The games rules want us to limit ooc as much as possible and in 99 of 100 cases ooc blabla does not make things better. Just ignore it.