Logging off

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Karrock

Logging off

Post by Karrock »

Logging off at rented house/castle/room inn should give after next log random effect in depending on size of room. A plus to one attribute for few (dwarven) hours.
Of course one bed would means only one char who could use this feature. More beds more chars could use this possibility.

Advantages: Money sink and proper use rooms.

This is further add to this idea:
http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=9829
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Re: Logging off

Post by Juniper Onyx »

I like this idea. It presents an engine advantage to using 'beds' just as if you ate some sausages, strawberry cake or drank a potion. Why shouldn't a good night's rest allow a minor advantage either in Constitution or faster healing?

If it's too hard to code an advantage "Logging Off", then consider "Logging In" over a Bed.

Alternative-Proposal: (Which may be easier to code)
Just like the crafting tools, perhaps we could make Beds 'useable' and it engages your character in 'sleep' as if you were crafting an item? Stand next to or on the bed and click it to 'sleep' for maybe 5 minutes game-time for a quick rest? In fact, this could be added as a Druid skill - "Meditation" or "Healing". The higher the skill, an increase in the bonus? or speed of the bonus down to one minute at 100 skill?

Either way, this will make "Beds" more valuable and therefore renting rooms not just for RP, but more useful as an alternative to foods and potions. Good ideas!!!
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

What about:
1 ) lizards :arrow: water
2 ) elven :arrow: trees
3 ) dwarfs :arrow: stones ( not sure if they are also sleeping at stone beds )
4 ) orcs: :arrow: ???
5 ) halflings :arrow: ???
:arrow: may be beds has an influence for humans but there are other races and if i remember right there is nothing wrote that they are all sleeping in beds
:arrow: so each town needs rooms for all races (i do not know if there is a room for elven at Galmair)
:arrow: as i know you need to have a special rank to rent a room at Runewick
:arrow: what about outlaws?

finally: I´m not sure that this is a good idea
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Golflima, I think you're making it too complicated. We already have beds in Illarion and they are all stock items (used everywhere).

There are a few types of beds in Illarion already:
Blue Twin sized Beds
Blue sized Bunk Beds (Or are these just stacked?)
Tan Queen sized Beds
Maybe one more large size bed? - I'm not sure

They are useless furniture pieces for now. But with this proposal, maybe they could be useful. For example, why couldn't they be used in the Hospital to actually heal you faster rather then just RP healing? I rented an apartment a month ago because I had the money, but I have found I never log off there---what's the point when no-one's ever there and there's no advantage to it? With this proposal, there would be a good reason to log off or on in your apartment and therefore more RP will happen there as people meet there more often and RP going to sleep. I recently noticed PO Hew Keenaxe does this at the Hemp Necktie and it's good. I bust out laughing when "A loud stomping on the floor and a dwarf loudly says 'Quiet down there!'" because people are in the INN below him talking. LOL!!

As far as I know, you have to be at least rank 2 anywhere to rent anything in towns. The Hemp Necktie Inn has no restrictions I know of because outlaws have no rank. Getting Rank 2 is pretty easy and shows a willingness to stay with the game as well as the ability to earn coins for rent. I don't see a problem there. For low rank people - there could always be a basic bed or two in the Hospitals?

I think this proposal has potential and is good.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

Golflima:

1. Everyone sleep at beds. There maybe exist some customs, but every race I suppose prefer soft bed than stone/tree. But yes lizardmen may prefer waters but you may put any furnitures to your room as you pay for them. There exist graphic of bathtub, trees or stones. You may decorate room if you rent it. Only from developers depend will they make other items same value as beds.

2. You don't need special rank for renting room. At least when I asked for rent a room I was not asked which rank Titus has (and he is not max ranked).

3. This idea is advancing of current proposal of sandbox idea of housing (perhaps also outlaws will have possibility to rent/build houses in future. I can't answer it to you).

4. That is not idea how to make people equal. These effect would be send to those who pay. Why don't you build after house system Inn for those who don't buy/rent houses and earn money for renting rooms for few days? If everyone would have free rooms this idea will have no sense. It's for money sink and get vantage.
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

If this is put in place, we would also have to address beds not in rented flats. Example : town inns and hospitals. Perhaps, limit this to a specific bed type.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

i )
Karrock wrote:1. Everyone sleep at beds.
:arrow: this might be true for humans but not for all races ...
ii ) as i know most of the sources of elven culture says: they dont need to sleep only to meditate a short while (( 2h / day ))
iii )
I. Every citizen of Runewick, who lives more then three months inside of Runewick and has been awarded with the title of a student for his deeds could claim a room for rent.
{{ http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 87&t=39797 }} :arrow: so you need a rank to rent a room ((rank 3 of Runewick )) :wink:
iv ) and again: Galmair is ruled by dwarfs (( may be by humans - chancellors )) and most of the flats are below ground - this is nothing for elven and lizards :arrow: do you want to force elven and lizard char. to change the town if they like to rent a room ((in my eyes this is a bad idea ))
v ) the "hospital bed idea" sounds fine
vi ) keep in mind NEW players havent much coins :arrow: i dont like the idea to exclude them from such things ... we need to help them and not exclude them
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

You see you may rent a room and decorate it like you want. I wrote it before. Your problems has no real meaning. If someone even has no rank to rent room he or she may work for get this rank. Please read my previous post. Everything is there.

EDIT:
as i know most of the sources of elven culture says: they dont need to sleep only to meditate a short while (( 2h / day ))
You are not playing whole time.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Karrock wrote:Please read my previous post. Everything is there.
:arrow: sorry if i dont understand all what you wrote exactly and if i cant say exactly what is in my mind .... i´m not a native english speaking player and my knowledge about this language isnt realy good // may be next time you can write the post also in GERMAN so that i can understand it properly.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

I can't write it into german (maybe someone else can) but I make it simple when you're renting room as elf you can place there any items you want.
Just ask developers to make trees/stones/bathtub to have similar task like beds.
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Karrock

Post by Karrock »

It's not same idea. I'm planning to make it offline effect not used every time when someone is putting the button.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

I agree that 'offline effect' would be nice, but considering that almost nothing changes when you log-off (My wounds, Mental Capacity, Location all freeze!) I don't know if it's possible for the developers to code something like this unless they make it act like the taxes do - activate when you log-in.

I offered a counter-proposal which is like that Pillow-Talk proposal 7 years ago. I think it would be easier to implement and help with RP better. As Evie suggested, we could even distinguish the effect public beds vs. private beds offer by the type of Beds.

It's a good idea, either way. Beds are just useless 'ghosts' until something is done with them, and then apartments, rooms and houses become much more useful and the true money sinks and RP attractions they were meant to be! ;)

PS - GolfLima - Your English is fine, I just think you are thinking too complicated. It's best to think simple, offer benefits that a proposal will have to the game, and offer ideas. If this idea is worked on, they can do the same for Bathtubs too for Lizards, but we start with Beds. One step at a time. I have discovered that complicated proposals never get attention by staff - they have a lot of other things to do. Keep it simple if possible. ;)