running the game on Ubuntu machine

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Elendon

running the game on Ubuntu machine

Post by Elendon »

Hello everyone!
I'd need some help to make Illarion start.

My system:
Ubuntu 14, (Oracle) Java RE 1.8.0_73-b02; AMD 3k, 32bit Processor; 500MB Memory; 256MB OpenGL Graphics Card (glxinfo indicated "direct rendering: Yes", glxgears opened a window with spinning wheels displayed at 60FPS).

I downloaded illarion-1.0.0.39.deb (32bit) and clicked on it. Software Center opened it and displayed "Wrong architecture x86"; no Install button.

I downloaded illarion-1.0.0.39.sh and called sudo sh on it. Some files were installed in /usr/local/Illarion including an executable that opens a window with the Illarion logo and the Play! button. From there the Illarion Client (2.1.25.4) window is opened where I can log in to my account, see the character that I created in the list and choose "Play". Then I see a progress bar that won't change and after a while the Client window closes.

If more information is needed, please let me know. Perhaps there is a log that indicates the error? If so, I would need help to locate it as well.

Thank you in advance for making time to analyze this case.
Nitram
Developer

Re: running the game on Ubuntu machine

Post by Nitram »

Hello,

The error regarding the architecture indicates that you are running a 64bit system.
I do not know what a "AMD 3k" is supposed to be. If it is a "AMD K3" then I congratulate you to getting Ubuntu running on a 25 years old 40MHz CPU. :wink:

Now regarding the actual issue.
In your home directory there is a directory .illarion that should contain a error.log
Please send that file to me at nitram@illarion.org for further analysis.

Welcome to Illarion,
Nitram