New Rule

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Pugnacious

New Rule

Post by Pugnacious »

New Rule,
If you are going to be our godfathers, you must also play the game. Be it Dev, GM, CM, Town leader, what ever.
How much? well that needs to be talked over. I say, 10 hrs a month. And not just sitting somewhere you cant be found, but interacting, playing the game. If you are going to say where this game is going, you must also be part of where it is going. If you cant find those hours to be part of the game, you shouldn't instruct us on how we spend our hours.
Grim
Developer

Re: New Rule

Post by Grim »

if you want force me to play, well look for another guy who make graphics for YOUR game.
Efrin

Post by Efrin »

if you want force me to play, well look for another guy who make graphics for YOUR game.
I guess he ment every stuff member thats has too do something with game balance and gameplay and not the graphic artists.
However I will not expect that every dev member plays the game but well thats my point of view.
Alyssa El'anir

Post by Alyssa El'anir »

Apparently I'm being too harsh. :roll:
Last edited by Alyssa El'anir on Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vitus

Post by Vitus »

Some Dev play (don't know if all of it do it), both CM have active Characters ingame, the GMs have regular characters which are quiet active ingame. Town leader isn't a seperate position inside the staff. The towns are lead by all GMs. If you mean the player based town leaders I have to say, that Annabeth, Ssar'ney, Djironnyma, Vitus, Alrik, Artimer, Evie and Raina are quiet active and can be found regularly inside there towns or on events. So I don't get what you want from this people, who do a lot of work for us.
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

I mean at least 10 hours a week. As a requirement to lead. I didn't stutter. A simple base requirement. I never said any or one wasn't doing it, I asked it to be needed to lead.
Alyssa El'anir

Post by Alyssa El'anir »

On that note, to get permission to post in the proposals forum you should atleast play 169 hours a week. A single base requirement. Definitely needed to post good proposals.

I didn't stutter, did I? I sure hope not...
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

You are getting snarkey, I am not. But if you really feel that way, play more. I believe our leaders should play more than us, or at least as much.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Ideally, the people making development decisions should play so that they have more than a theoretical sense of how the game will be affected by the changes they implement. I agree and I'm willing to bet they agree too but Illarion is a huge time drain. There's a lot of trade-offs in life and only so many hours in the day.

Maybe you could be more specific with your intention for this post?
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

Ten hours a month. That is my intention. Simple, clear and not to demanding. Ten hours a month. Stay in - touch, know your player base, be IG. Easy.
Alyssa El'anir

Post by Alyssa El'anir »

Ten hours a year. Simple. Clear. Not Demanding. Ten hours a year.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

If we had such a rule, I would leave Illarion right away. I invest my free time in developing this game, creating nice and fun things and try to listen to players and see what we can improve. Starting to force me to play, I would just go away. And I say this as someone who plays the game quite a lot. This is not work. I will not be told how to spend my free time. End of story.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Jupiter wrote:This is not work. I will not be told how to spend my free time. End of story.

all said, closed