IRC netsplit problems

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Alyssa El'anir

IRC netsplit problems

Post by Alyssa El'anir »

Last night there was a netsplit in IRC, and now when I reload and rejoin the page there is only me and another person there. No Q. No admins. No moderators.

I've tried with different browsers but it appears to be IP address dependent?

I do not pay for a VPN and distrust the free ones so I do not have a way to test that other than by trying and failing other possible conclusions to what it may be.

Just a link somewhere in the WAN that is broken to the quakenet IRC servers, or something that can be fixed on Illarions side of things?
Alyssa El'anir

Re: IRC netsplit problems

Post by Alyssa El'anir »

It appears to be back in order now.
Nitram
Developer

Re: IRC netsplit problems

Post by Nitram »

A IRC netsplit happens in case the different servers of the IRC network are not properly connected anymore or not synchronized as expected. This happens from time to time and only the staff of quakenet can do anything about this. Such events usually happen in case some of the servers are maintained or in case there is any problem with the internet connection between the servers. Such issues are rarely last more than a couple of minutes. So just be patient.

For a more detailed explanation see: Wikipedia - Netsplit

So the issue is not your connection, but the connection between the Quakenet servers.

Nitram