Formal accusation of Incompetence, Impropriety, and Treason

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Fooser

Formal accusation of Incompetence, Impropriety, and Treason

Post by Fooser »

I think this eve is a good time to discuss how our chancellor has overstepped her authority.

I received a parchment earlier today that I feel should be made public for everyone's safety:
Be greeted to you, I was asked to attend a meeting at Cadomyr and was told of an incident that occurred between mister Gray and a Cadomyr citizen. When asked about the incident I was pointed to the town board in Cadomyr.

A copy of the words follows below.
Recent events have made clear that Galmair is unwilling to enforce the deal made between the Don and Her Majesty Rosaline Edwards. Only the self proclaimed enemy of the Third House Dreadheart was punished for his transgressions, while the other heads of the band calling themselves 'Free Men of Galmair' are allowed to do as they please.

In addition to the transgressions listed above the House of the Sea Serpent found criminal (and commander of the Galmarian town guard) Jefferson Gray hunting in Runewickian areas off limit to him twice (the dragons- and thieves den), with Gray claiming have the verbal agreement of 'one' Counsellor and proving unable to bring forth a written approval. Criminal Gray even went so far as to threaten the Templewarrior with, so his words "Ripping his tounge out and sticking it up his arse.". Willing to keep the peace wished by Her Majesty, Gray was let go unharmed when he could have been legally slain, even when the criminal was outnumbered.

The House of the Sea Serpent will put its weight in court in favour of sanctions against Galmair until it reacts to the transgression of its criminals.

For the honour of the Realm and the Chosen One,

~Ssar'ney
Templewarrior of Zelphia
Baron of the House of the Sea SerpentImage
I do hope this is not true and if so the one chancellor who gave him permission step forward and accept their part in this incident as well.
This elf seems really enthusiastic to tear down more Galmairian citizens. Regardless, we should stick to the facts: 1) Artimer Fault is the ambassador to Cadomyr 2) By definition Raina Narethil is not the ambassador to Cadomyr 3) The incident cited has been incorporated into Jefferson's punishment plan with Valerio Giuliani 4) Any other punishment is none of her business 5) She did not discuss any of these things with the other chancellors.

A summary of this lengthy meeting between Raina and Ssarney was written by Cadomyrians and included more:
Galmarian Counsellor Narethil had a lengthy talk with the Templewarrior about the current situation between the Realms. The long due trial of Drathe Blue will be held with Galmarian consent, with the appearance of the supposed criminal up to himself. Should he be found guilty and not be present for punishment, the unanswered request of the Chosen One herself would remain and be considered. The Counsellor also assured that the new front of the criminal band calling themselves 'Free Men', the 'Merinium Syndicate' has no right to act in the name of Galmair and holds no more political power than any other merchant. The insufficiently authorized hunts on Runewickian ground by criminal Gray are promised to be looked into by the Counsellor.
Raina Narethil overstepped her authority again here. The facts related to this paragraph are as follows: 1) Raina Narethil is not the ambassador to Cadomyr 2) Drathe Blue is under the protection of The Don himself and will not be following any judgments passed by Cadomyr, as has already been established by .. prior incidents 3) None of my associates have claimed to act in the name of Galmair or hold any political authority above what is allotted to a group of independent citizens. Raina is expected to apologize for this obvious smear she assisted in.

Raina's letter to myself and others finished as:
On another unrelated note, It has come to my attention mister Fooser is wanted to stand trial for his attack on the Queen, with Cadomyr's request for a dove being ignored or put off I told mister Ssar'ney to speak to
the Queen and Set a date for it for mister Fooser to appear. As we need to end this between the towns,
The facts in this regard are such: 1) There will be no trial in Cadomyr as I did nothing wrong 2) Raina Narethil had no authority to direct them to do anything as I am currently under the protection of Valerio Giuliani 3) I am under his protection because I have finished my service to The Don and to Galmair in general by reaching Patrician status. Valerio is quoted in the notes from our meeting as saying my service to Galmair was complete "As soon as you earned you way back to patrician." You may contacy Kyre or any of the others who took notes. Raina was at the same meeting but I doubt she cares.

The golden rule of Don Giuliani is that all who pay and are in good standing are under his protection. She disregarded this for both myself and Mr. Drathe Blue. She needs to explain what authority she acts and if she is unable to do so she needs to go.

This is elf incapable of negotiating anything in Galmair's interest. Let us not forget that her only accomplishment to date is the creation of the guard (handing off responsibility to competent people like Jefferson and Guy), and she only did that because she had to clean up her own mess of allowing two different crazy people into town who ended up assaulting and injuring Galmairians. Ohiyesa demanded lizard tails and attacked citizens, Raina worked to allow them into Galmair. Nokhtar spoke treason and fanaticism, little different from Ssarney, and she negotiated to donate to his cause and allow him into town, only to have him terrorize Qoa'tl'quet. Soon we will probably have Hew in town harassing our citizens and trade partners due to what she negotiated with him.

So to date ..

Raina's accomplishments as a Galmairian chancellor: 0
Galmairian citizens she has thrown under the wagon: 6 (Bob, Juumajin, Fooser, Drathe, Jefferson, and the unnamed chancellor she threatened in her letter)

You gave up at least two Galmairians who are under Valerio's protection and have proven to be completely and utterly ineffective at everything. You have been given multiple chances. Sorry it has to be this way, but you have to go. Unless of course you have proof of authorization for all this. I know you don't have it. I'm going to keep demanding a full investigation into your activities until they begin the investigation. You could, of course, "retire" before then to avoid the hassle.

F
Raina Narethil

Re: Formal accusation of Incompetence, Impropriety, and Trea

Post by Raina Narethil »

Let me set the record straight.

I did speak to mister Ssar'ney as he asked me to come I am sure the other chancellors got the dove as well if not then maybe that should be addressed to Ssar'ney.

Second mister Fooser, the letter was sent to you get your response to it. as I felt you needed to know what was going on as when I spoke to mister Ssar'nay. I took how he spoke, he was speaking of you. As Mister Drathe has not been seen in the lands for ages.

So I do apologize I got confused he was talking of an event that took places Ages ago and not recent. Mister Ssar'ney corrected this as he was sent the same dove you were. But seems you just seek out Drama then instead of sending threating doves could have corrected me yourself. Since you were privy to the note. Instead of this
Re: After a meeting with mister Ssar'ney
I can see you're so incompetent that this is never going to end with you. I'm leaving Galmair and taking my things, if you lay a hand on me ill cut you in half, and I will send 1 half of you to Valerio and the other half to Evie.

F
If you accept the apology is up to you.

As for the incident with mister Gray the letter was sent to him as well to get his side and already being discussed if anything was done wrong.

So again mister Fooser I apologize. But this is why we write letters to the all those involved to get the matter correct and to get facts, this is one incident were I misunderstood who was being spoke about.

Raina

Added for the record for the town to see the note sent to mister Fooser Anyone from mister Gray, the chancellors, the Don and mister Oxi can verify nothing was changed as they all got the letter..
After a meeting with mister Ssar'ney
Be greeted to you, I was asked to attend a meeting at Cadomyr and was told of an incident that occurred between mister Gray and a Cadomyr citizen. When asked about the incident I was pointed to the town board in Cadomyr.

A copy of the words follows below.

Recent events have made clear that Galmair is unwilling to enforce the deal made between the Don and Her Majesty Rosaline Edwards. Only the self proclaimed enemy of the Third House Dreadheart was punished for his transgressions, while the other heads of the band calling themselves 'Free Men of Galmair' are allowed to do as they please.

In addition to the transgressions listed above the House of the Sea Serpent found criminal (and commander of the Galmarian town guard) Jefferson Gray hunting in Runewickian areas off limit to him twice (the dragons- and thieves den), with Gray claiming have the verbal agreement of 'one' Counsellor and proving unable to bring forth a written approval. Criminal Gray even went so far as to threaten the Templewarrior with, so his words "Ripping his tounge out and sticking it up his arse.". Willing to keep the peace wished by Her Majesty, Gray was let go unharmed when he could have been legally slain, even when the criminal was outnumbered.

The House of the Sea Serpent will put its weight in court in favour of sanctions against Galmair until it reacts to the transgression of its criminals.

For the honour of the Realm and the Chosen One,

~Ssar'ney
Templewarrior of Zelphia
Baron of the House of the Sea SerpentImage

I do hope this is not true and if so the one chancellor who gave him permission step forward and accept their part in this incident as well.

On another unrelated note, It has come to my attention mister Fooser is wanted to stand trial for his attack on the Queen, with Cadomyr's request for a dove being ignored or put off I told mister Ssar'ney to speak to
the Queen and Set a date for it for mister Fooser to appear. As we need to end this between the towns,

Raina Narethil
Last edited by Raina Narethil on Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Raina Narethil wrote:
Second mister Fooser, the letter was sent to you get your response to it. as I felt you needed to know what was going on as when I spoke to mister Ssar'nay. I took how he spoke, he was speaking of you. As Mister Drathe has not been seen in the lands for ages.
Stop being an imbecile. You had no right to discuss me or Drathe. But not only did you discuss it you went ahead and instructed them on how to proceed:
the Queen and Set a date for it for mister Fooser to appear
. As we need to end this between the towns,
You didn't answer any of what was brought up. Why wasn't the ambassador sent? Did you have authorization to discuss any of these things? Did the council vote on any of the decision you made?

Standing trial in Cadomyr would basically be death for us. Ssarney likely asked you to meet because you're apparently very easy to manipulate. And he got what he wanted. So yes, if you lay your hands on me you're going to die.

This isn't going away. If you had any decency you would do everyone a favor and resign and stop sending asinine letters to me. Why do you have no decency?

F
Raina Narethil

Post by Raina Narethil »

What was spoke about mister Fooser was on the note, placed with the my response for the town to see.

As for me I am not going anywhere either, I am done explaining myself to you. Accept my apology or do not.

Raina.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

You went to go appease again and this time it involved scheduling death sentences for one, possibly two Galmairians. And you were completely oblivious to this the entire time you were there. Does that bother you? Probably not, because you're awful.

RESIGN
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Raina fluttered away, likely taking time out of her busy schedule to fantasize about fornicating with Ssarney. So it should at least be noted that if this was the first time she did this to me the matter of accepting her apology wouldn't even be a matter of discussion. One incident is a mistake. But this isn't the first time, she has caused four different incidences of assault, threat, or potential murder against myself.

First she allowed some belligerent named Ohiyesa into town. They soon proclaimed a bounty of collecting lizard tails, with an even higher bounty for popular trading partner Teptoc:
Hereby a tribal hunt for lizardmeat particularly the springy tails (a traditional and time honored Serinjah delicacy) is announced.

An especially high bounty has been set aside for that monster fish Teptoc Transportation's juicy tail.

When we have the tails, there will be a campfire dance of all nations to celebrate and a delicious potroast!
Nothing was done after this proclamation. They then assaulted me while I was in my clothing in the town market.

They were given a lenient sentence, they got out, and they did it to me again!

She then paid an insane lizard. He was allowed into town under certain promises that he instantly disregarded while attacking myself, Qoa, and others:
A bargain was struck by myself and with mister Gray present at the time as well.For mister Nokh'tar not to draw his weapon on a Galmair Citizen or to attack them. For a donation to the Mother Tanora and lake of Life.

I personally made the donation as did mister Gray donated as well.

The Lizardfolk Nokh'tar can come inside town and the surrounding area to preach the ways of Tanora. If any attacks on any citizens happen please let me or mister Gray know at once. The Lizardfolk mister Nokh'tar was ask to do the same if any Galmair citizen attacked him as well.

I ask for peace and understanding now, as we try to work forward. To better our relationship...and to gain an understanding between us all.

Raina Narethil
The lizard's teachings included disloyalty to the Don and murdering the unfaithful. Things changed quickly. Thankfully we still have a chancellor who isn't a total imbecile:
Dear Citizens,

Nokh'tar has gotten very strong, is very well equipped, and is attempting to turn the Bearers of Fire against the town. He marches into our town, strikes, and flees. Upon chasing, he has become very adapt at hiding.

In either case, avoid Nokh'tar if you cannot fight, and if you can, strike him down. He has declared a war against Galmair. Give him one.

Chancellor Artimer Fault
So that's already three cases of assault and attempted murder I had to deal with because of Raina. Now the latest one is a real beauty, she has given Cadomyr permission to set a date for my trial for myself to appear. She either wasn't aware of the following, or simply doesn't care:
Her Majesty, Chosen of the Goddess, wishes it to be known that former Baron Fooser is named enemy of the Royal House Edwards in agreement with the Don. He is to be slain on sight and his head presented to the Chosen One if he is found anywhere within the borders of the Realm of Cadomyr.
She has also recently negotiated Hew's return to town, something her student Evie has probably been pushing for. The same dwarf that assaulted Teptoc, butchered innocent women, and pillaged Galmairians. What could possibly go wrong?

So no, I'm not accepting your apology. It's futile. Once is a mistake, four times is a pattern.

F
Raina Narethil

Post by Raina Narethil »

Mister Fooser it is funny you say that, I woke to speak to you and sure enough you went to sleep. Now if you wish to speak to me we can arrange something.

As for mister Hew he approached me yes and his request was brought to the Don, the Chancellors and Hand. Miss Evie had nothing to do with it. So now you have your facts wrong and owe miss Evie an apology.

This is the last time I will respond to you here and hope to see you in town, I will be happy to speak to you.

Raina.
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Deciding by yourself that Drathe and Fooser would attend trials at Cadomyr's convenience, in Cadomyr, was bad form, Raina. As far as I am aware, you need a majority council vote to make decisions like that. You did over step, unfortunately. Make no mistake: the problem is not that you went to speak in Cadomyr, the problem is what you said when you spoke. You are not the ambassador. I don't have any position in government, but I have observed it over years and can tell you that, by example, Dreadhart was not looked on very fondly for trying to influence decisions by himself. Even when he did decide to take the battle to Cadomyr, he had stepped down as Chancellor by then.

As for the matter of myself, the unnamed Chancellor has stepped forward and, as Fooser correctly said, this has been incorporated into my punishment plan.

Without going into too much detail, I do think that the chancellor elects should speak more often. Via paid messenger or face to face. That would certainly go a long way to avoiding repeated instances of miscommunication.

My words here are written for the sole purpose of transparency.

~ Jefferson Gray <>
- Captain of the guard
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Every decision Raina has made has hurt Galmair in some way.

I think the following would be acceptable:
-Raina apologizes to the entire town
-Valerio & The Hand bar Raina from dealing in matters with Cadomyr

F
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

And on a tangential note, those who criticize me or paint the Free Men as undiplomatic brutes it should be noted some of us have worked very hard to patch things up with the Queen. She was in a war zone with a two handed sword, but I still accept responsibility for the mistake. I myself have attempted to mend this problem. I knew she would appreciate tribute and an apology. I also knew many in Cadomyr are goldsmiths and they don't have many miners at the moment. I also know Valerio likes his Gold and my actions caused him some headache as well. So I sent the following to Cadomyr's court:
Fooser wrote:
Queen Edwards:

I have found the diplomatic efforts of both sides to be underwhelming so I come to you directly to make an offer to quell hostilities and atone for my acts. You have always been fair to me. I have no issue with your rule but rather the fanaticism of your Baron that has come to define your rule. I used your safety as a ploy to survive and that was regrettable. I wish to offer the following compromise:

1. Fooser presents a tribute of magic gems, elements, and valuables to the Queen as an apology.
2. Fooser provides 1000 gold ingots to be given to Cadomyr's goldsmiths at a discounted rate, proceeds will go to Valerio Giuliani via the donation box.
3. The Free Men will be banned from Cadomyr for 3 dwarven months given good behavior. If any fail good behavior that individual remains banned indefinitely.
4. As a show of good faith Cadomyr removes their tool tax on Galmairians indefinitely.

I hope you will consider this offer and we may move beyond recent problems,

Fooser
I never received a response. Meanwhile Ssarney is still whining about things that happened years ago with Drathe. There will be no rational peace with the lizard, sorry if I have to be the one to inform the Galmair council of this. If he was gone all of this would melt away. Ssarney would be no more, Cadomyr could get two new nobles, maybe they'd be less terrible and Cadomyr would thrive again, the treaty with the Bearers would be irrelevant so our problems with them would be over. There would be peace and we could work together.

Even to this day the lizard lies all the time. He interrupted a conversation between me and Guy where I warned Guy of the earthquake and slimes coming out of the Glittering Cave. Now he is justifying his activities by saying I called him a "slime". It seems the Baron can't read or listen!

F
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

It seems to me that you forget a threat attack or bad words about a chancellor is as if you say it to the don. It seems to me that you want to blame someone else for your actions. It seems to me you if you don't like what the Chancellor is doing then maybe you should move. I am a guard and I will protect galmarian citizens even from themselves. Mister fooser what you are doing is not helping as I was informed from Oxi. If you have an issue with a chancellor then you need to speak to the other two chancellors and if that doesn't work then maybe speak to the don. So instead of trying to undermine the government or making yourself look like a fool. Maybe you should use the chain of command and not threat the Chancellor cause as I said a threat to the Chancellor is a threat to the don.

Azure Lynch
Galmarian Guard.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

It seems to me that you forget a threat attack or bad words about a chancellor is as if you say it to the don
That's not true. You couldn't make it beyond one sentence. Thanks for sharing your ignorant two coins as usual.

Today through verbal conversation I have found out the following from Raina:

-She believes her decision to let crazy people into town and attack citizens was fine because I was "able to defend myself". I'm glad we have such lovely people looking out for us.
-She defends herself by stating her scheduling of my trial was a mistake. A Galmairian official sat across from a Cadomyrian, the Cadomyrian was talking about Drathe Blue and the Galmairian was discussing me. At no point did the Galmairian realize the Cadomyrian was talking about Drathe Blue. It's rather terrifying when you think about this.

To date Raina has not exhibited even a basic level of competence. As I stated at the beginning she could have saved everyone the hassles of today and beyond if she simply realized this and resigned. But it appears obvious now she won't do that. Through my brief encounter with her she proved to be arrogant and power crazed, common traits of magic users. Her polite mask was removed, revealing the scowling face underneath.

F