Town Guard of Galmair

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Galmair Town Guard

Town Guard of Galmair

Post by Galmair Town Guard »

"The guard's orders from the chancellors are to be to defend the realm, and uphold the laws the Don has laid forth, as guided by the Don,
the Hand, and the council."

--- Chancellor Artimer Fault

This shall be the mandate of the Town Guard of Galmair. Guards are not judges, but upholders of the Don's law. Adhere to the principle
of proportionality when doing guard duty; don't kill for petty thievery, but act swiftly and rigidly against those who wish to harm you or
citizens of Galmair.

Structure of the Town Guard

Commander
Guy Mitchell

Captain(s)
1)Jefferson Gray
2)Tyan Masines

Guards
Dranis
Dustin Nether
Azure Lynch
Ka'Shas
Renoah
The mighty Vern Burnhammer
Lint (probation)
Marlon
Coralyn

Crafters
Zimri Silverchest, Smith

Last edited by Galmair Town Guard on Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:42 am, edited 15 times in total.
Galmair Town Guard

Re: Town Guard of Galmair

The town guard of Galmair welcomes Dustin Nether and Azure Lynch into the guard ranks.

As a general rule, I'd like to see members of the guard wearing the yellow colours of Galmair when on duty in the town. Tah.

~ Elite Jefferson Gray <>
- Captain of guard
Galmair Town Guard

The town guard of Galmair welcomes Gweezdo into the guard ranks.

Guards should be on the lookout for an pale elven male in casual clothing wearing a cheap hat. He's wanted for questioning after threatening alchemist Tak in the alchemy house, with a dagger, and then fleeing the town on being confronted about it. Tah.

- Captain of guard
Galmair Town Guard

The town guard of Galmair welcomes Ka'Shas into the guard ranks.

- Captain of guard
Galmair Town Guard

The town guard of Galmair welcomes Renoah into the guard ranks.

- Captain of guard
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

A slightly drunk red bearded dwarf with an old golden cloak which depicts a dragon resting upon a battlement slams a post on the board.

Oi! I bes a guard now har, pansies beware yer in fer.. Err nothen I guess. I'll just be standing round making sure nobody steals yer sweets.

-The mighty Vern Burnhammer
Galmair Town Guard

Aye, the above poster is indeed correct.

The town guard of Galmair welcomes The mighty Vern Burnhammer into the guard ranks.

- Captain of guard
Galmair Town Guard

Guards,

Commander Mitchell has donated a large bundle of food stuffs to the guard cause. Should any of you require a meal or meals, seek me out or send me word.

Welcome Zimri Silverchest as official smith for the town guard. He has agreed to help provide us with training armour to save money on repairs.

- Captain of guard
Galmair Town Guard

Official smith of the guard, Zimri Silverchest, and former chancellor, Evie Pryler, and fellow guard, Qoa Yella, today all made substantial donations to the town guard armoury. The donations given include full heavy set armours and wooden weapons, shields and stones to help us with our training sessions and remove the need to spend lots of money on repairing our best normally worn armours and weapons.

Well done to them. Our appreciation goes out to these individuals. A fine example of the unwavering Galmairian fighting spirit.

- Captain of guard
Galmair Town Guard

Commander Mitchell has donated a large bundle of food stuffs to the guard cause. Should any of you require a meal or meals, seek me out or send me word.
*A new note has been placed under this quote*

It should be noted that Rievira made this food and gave it to Mitchell, also for free. It smells good, it tastes good, it's recommended.

Support local enterprises in Galmair, today!

Or else! (joking)
Alyssa El'anir

Post by Alyssa El'anir »

As the elfess approaches the board to read, she adds some words to the already existing note in a distinct handwriting.
I hope the guard takes a liking to the food I donated, and if they do I'll make sure to prepare some more in the future.

Anyone looking for a personal supply can also contact me, though then you'd have to pay for the wares.

//Rievira
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

*A note appears on the Board*

I have just tried to broker peace between MImi and Rievera. The elfess will not discuss anything calling the halfling a liar, torturing, and claiming attempted murder on the elderly halflings part. I really don't know what happened, did anyone witness the start of their conflict. Clearly now one party is willing to call truce and let life and work go on in Galmair, MImi, while the other is not Rievera without all sorts of punishments for the crimes she deems commited. Seriously, can the guard not control the farmers?
Evie
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Unless commander Mitchell deals with this first, you can all rest assured that when I have awoken from my slumber, I will make it my undying mission to solve this crisis. Justice shall be served and the criminal party will have no hiding place... Even if it is the last duty I accomplish on the mortal realm.

Also, dont litter the board. Tah.

- Captain Gray
Galmair Town Guard

Until the matter of Mimi and Rivira has been settled. They are forbidden from interacting in any fashion.

-Sir Guy Mitchell
Knight of Thorns
Commander of the Guard
Galmair Town Guard

SEA OF SLIME

The guard would like to commend everyone who was present in fighting back the sea of slime from the seedling today, Your help was greatly appreciated.

Those who fought the tide were:

Alanel
Arcia
Rievira
Marlon
Banduk

If i have forgotten any names. Please send a message to me and i shall amend. I am rather tired from the fight with the gelatinous menace.

Thank you
Sir Guy Mitchell
Knight of Thorns
Commander of the Galmair Guard.
LucyP

Post by LucyP »

Qoa must resign. Due to the Don's inability to protect her, Qoa is moving out of town.

Much thanks for taking Qoa in as the first recruit.

Qoa'tl'quet
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

** After many bribes of coins, apple pies and cookies, Bre finally posted this note. **

I Hew Keenaxe, not only want my citizenship back in Galmair, but offer my services to the town in any way they see fit. I am an expert miner, and can also handle a blade. But would also be willing to do more lowly jobs if you think that is best.

Hew Keenaxe
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Arr, if'n I see tha pansy pregnant woman attacker, Hew round these parts I'll take tha liberty 'o flushin em back out te tha wilds again, Let me knows ifn't I can't cut the pansy arse down. Tha pansy ain't no dwarf an ain't got no balls te speak of, he only has tha gall te attack wimen an halfers.

An if'n tha Don wants te let em in I'll see te packin my shite and sending Hew te tha cross on me way out tha gates.

-The Mighty Vern Burnhammer
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Guard/Guardian training:
The Town Guard of Galmair is holding another evening of war games and/or training and treasure hunting. The event will take place on 11. Irmas 47 12:00 ((20. December 20:00 server time)).

If you value Galmair's security and wish to help ensure Galmair's place as most powerful realm on all of Illarion, be there. Better yourself.

- Captain of guard
Ranwyln

Post by Ranwyln »

Will be around an hour later have busy things to do..

Cheers Ranwyln...
Galmair Town Guard

AN ATTACK

Today Galmair was attacked by a force of undead, Thanks to the help of the following

Dustin Nether
Jacob
Rievira
Renoah
Marlon
Starling

The attack was able to be repelled. However, words spoken, and the manner of their appearance indicates that this was an organised attempt - They did arrive in the same manner as the fire wasps previously, by violet light.

Keep your eyes to the sky, and report any violet lights you see to the guard.

Sir Guy Mitchell
Knight of Thorns
Commander of the Galmair Guard
Galmair Town Guard

This parchment is to announce the donation of 25 gold coins to the guard by chancellor Raina Narethil

The guard thanks her for her donation, and would like to encourage others to follow her example in this matter.

Thank you

Sir Guy Mitchell
Captain of the Galmair guard
Knight of Thorns
Galmair Town Guard

BRAIN BUG!

Citizens should remain vigilant after the discovery of a 'brain bug' that may still lurk the town for its victim.

Today on 11 Malas 47 three citizens experienced the affects of a known but rare brain bug that jumps into unsuspecting victims heads and causes them to babble and speak nonsense. The bug looks for a home to lay its eggs, but, according to Grator our local alchemist, this is rare, too. Should any citizens experience the brain bug seek a comfortable and calm location to let it pass. Should you feel a cold sensation, this is an indication that the bug has left your body. Should you not eventually feel this cold sensation, quarantine yourself and shout for help.

The origin of this bug is unknown, however, Grator has told me that he probably caught it from a trader in Gynk. He soon passed it on to myself as I helped him with his work and the bug has since been airborne.

Stay vigilant and report any strange happenings, as usual.

- Captain of guard
Galmair Town Guard

The guard would like to thank Chancellor Raina for her large donation of food to the guard, it shall tide us over for a while to come.

- Sir Guy Mitchell
Captain of the Galmair Guard
Knight of Thorns.
Tyan Masines

Post by Tyan Masines »

Training Session / Expedition 02. Olos 47, 15th hour ((10.01. 21:00 Server Time))

General Things
In accordance with what was discussed and agreed upon during the Town Meeting, regular training sessions shall be held. The training sessions should be viewed as mandatory for Guard members and attendance is kindly asked for. Friends of Galmair and neutral parties without hostile intentions may also attend. Depending on how many individuals attend, training might be extended from mere sparring to hunting parties, treasure parties, war games, etcetera.

Concerning the coming session
As citizens have voiced concern about skeletons in the Northern Forest, we will form an expedition party and scout the areas discussed during the Town Meeting. Depending on how many individuals attend, regular training will be held before, after, or during the expedition. It shall be attempted to satisfy everyone's motivation for coming to the sessions, however, this will only be possible if attendance is numerous.

We shall meet in front of town, near the fields.

Hoping to see you all there,
b.o. Tyan Masines
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

In the case that anyone was wondering:
Whilst Tyan Masines is not officially in the Town Guard of Galmair, due to him having some experience with military drills and, for reasons of aiding his Galmair integration, I thought I'd give mister Masines a shot at trying to arrange our next training session. Should any other confusion arrive from this situation do seek do me out.

Attention!
By order of the chancellors, a dwarven hour after our training session begins we shall move its location to Cadomyr. The reason for this is to prepare and aid to the defense of the desert realm against some idiot necromancer called 'Phelmon'. The hope is that, as we work with our desert neighbors through their turmoil (and save their arses), Galmair and Cadomyr can go some way to repairing relations with each other.

It should be noted that our presence has been welcomed by the Cado countess, Annabeth. If anyone gets any trouble from the snake when we arrive, report to me or commander Mitchell and we will raise it with her.

- Captain of guard
Tyan Masines

Post by Tyan Masines »

Guard Drill Recapitulation

First of all, we'd like to thank the many people who attended to the past training session and hope that participation remains as numerous in the future. Albeit a short session, we hope everyone learned valuable lessons. Since we went to Cadomyr for a joined maneuvre, we were not able to go through with the expedition to the Northern Forest. We shall attempt this during the coming session, which will be held at the same place and time, although one dwarven hour earlier. If you can not make it in time, don't worry about joining in at any later hour.

The plan is to always have a general training sessions first, and to then move on to other activities. In order to not litter this Town Guard message board, the drill sessions will not be announced here any longer, but at the general events board in Galmair ((meaning, the Quest List under the Online List on the homepage)). It will also contain information about scheduled events, although you may feel free to propose other activities before or during sessions.

Hoping to see you all there again,
b.o. Tyan Masines
Galmair Town Guard

Reflecting on Cadomyr:

I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate all the guards who attended, by the chancellors orders, at Cadomyr.

In hindsight, I am sure you will all agree that we have our work cut out for us. As was clearly evident at our visit, the ones who protect Cadomyr are few and weak without their Runewick allies.

The evidence of which could be seen when the Cado countess, Annabeth, chose to form a mock 'guard the gate' routine, not unlike the ones that we have regularly practiced in Galmair, and paired Cadomyr's protectors under my leadership and Galmair's under Sarney's. While I was unsure as to what she was trying to prove it has now become obvious to me that she was testing her own people. Though I tried to inform them pre-battle of keeping as a unit they soon broke the formation and fell quickly, confirming her fears perhaps. Had it not been for I holding out until it was myself against the remaining two on the opposite side of the battle, they would have surely fallen much quicker. Again, congratulations to Galmair in a showing of strength.

So, yes, we have our work cut out for us and it's clear why they need our help. While we may have pulled the short side of the straw in this upcoming battle against the necromancer oafling that threatens their realm, we will fight to protect the balance on these lands henceforth. This is not only a sign that we will stand for the common good, after all, but an extending hand of peace to heal the wounds of the past.

It's advised that we all again attend the next invitation to Cadomyr. Their allies in Runewick are also invited so the next great test of the strength of this new allegiance will come. How Runewick, or rather the Bearers of Fire, receive us, will be an indication of how well the unity of our peoples in the coming battle will be.

In these dark days we will look for victory in the failures of others. In these troubled times we will fight for balance among the chaos.

As always, stay vigilant. If anyone needs supplies see myself or the commander.

- Captain of guard

*scribbled beneath the parchment is the following:*

Welcome Tyan Masines into the guard! May his past knowledge help strengthen our cause.

Last edited by Galmair Town Guard on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Galmair Town Guard

A word on the expedition:

As promised, we guards, with the assistance of individuals from our neighbor realms, conducted an investigation in the form of an expedition to the northern woods to see if we could gather information about the skeleton sightings there. Whilst we did find nothing but the usually expected creatures of the wild, it wasn't as fruitless as some may think! It is my opinion nevertheless that it proved to be a good exercise in teamwork, leadership and scouting. So good work, lads. As an aside -- even though we found nothing this time it might be a good idea to keep an eye on the place. It's just outside our bloody town after all!

In other news:
Dranis, Fooser and Qoa all made notable donations to the Town Guard of Galmair in the hours that followed the expedition. The donations included battlestaffs, magical axes and more impressive weapons and armour. If any of the guards are interested in having their pick of what was donated then find me in town. It'll be first come first serve as usual. It should be noted that Arcia provided us with some potions of healing and power, too. We still await a larger order from Floriel, though. These things take time and herbs so do your bit of collecting the needed herbs for these concoctions to lessen the burden on our alchemists. If you don't know what to collect, again, see me.

Re-branding:
Our very own Tyan Masines went to the trouble of drawing us up some fancy artistry and redesigned the guard board! Everyone should take a moment to take a look and shame themselves that they couldn't do it better. It makes us look pretty legitimate and even has some nice quotes to show that we listen to the boss people.

When peace offers us a hand we will inspect it first. When we find nothing we will keep looking.

- Captain of guard

Galmair Town Guard

A gate is opening and the stars will fall / The end of days:

There have been two reports of an old withered man, who acts as a slave to a powerful and unsavory being, delivering wooden chests (at Necktie and Galmair workshop) riddled with dark magic. The opening of these chests caused the summoning of unholy archmages and lichs a' plenty. Of course, the whole debacle didn't come without a voice ascending from the dark void to whisper 'The gates are opening', or something to that effect. After consulting my dice, it is my personal assumption that opening the chests had catastrophic results. Effectively 'opening a gate' is what I believe happened.

Luckily for us, we managed to capture the old fella, when he delivered one to Galmair, long enough for us to question him on his motives. Unlucky, though, that we hardly managed to get any information from the oafling before a demonic portal opened before us and dragged him through it like some pathetic rag doll.

What we currently know is this:

• 1) The old man sold himself to a demonic being to 'save' the life of his dying child.
    2) The demonic being communicates with the slave through his mind.
    3) The old man is also a doom sayer, telling us that the stars will fall from the sky and the end of Illarion as we know it approaches.
    4) The old man used to be called 'John Goodsman' and is now known as 'little helper'.
    5) More chests will arrive, probably in Cadomyr and Runewick.

So, be on the look out. It's easy to smirk and sneer at these facts but we must take this situation seriously. All guards are urged to investigate the matter and report their findings. Should any guard excel in this investigation they will be considered for promotion. It's advised to check literature for a reference to the stars falling but not required. Keeping Galmair protected is.

Promotion:
Surprise, surprise! Aren't you just sick of hearing about Tyan Masines? Well you will again -- Masines has elevated in rank to become second captain of the guard due to him using his initiative and showing a great deal of leadership. Let us all congratulate our comrade and wish him well in his new role. Now we have a captain that specializes in the new language and a captain that specializes in the old language. You're all spoiled for choice, aren't you?

If the stars are to fall, we will catch them. If the end shall come, together we will create a new beginning.

- Captain of guard