Another bug?

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

thebigbear

Another bug?

Post by thebigbear »

The merchants, Frobenius and Frizza, in Cadomyr, don't seem to respond to left-click. Frobenius did respond much earlier today, but doesn't now. Can someone check these out to verify the non-working status? Other merchants DO respond since I checked these two, but who knows what it means--a mean, bad mage has cast a spell and bunged-up the working of the game? Do we have a mage with that kind of power??? :(
CJK
Developer

Re: Another bug?

Post by CJK »

Why, it does in fact look like you found a bug in those two NPCs. For reasons I don't yet know, because I haven't checked their scripts, it's as if they aren't "really" there.

You cannot interact with them by double clicking to "use" them, and they are passable. You can walk right through them. This also does not appear to be a client bug, it must be something wrong server-side. The client still seems to recognizing their avatars and process their click and double click events as best it can.

Luckily for you, this is not the same as the issue with the food merchants! You can still trade with Frobenius by using the words "trade", "buy", or "sell" in your speech! Just walk up to the guy and offer to sell him a pile of junk. Additionally, Frizza will still respond to "Quest" or to "task" just fine to give you work to do. If you are uncomfortable with how to use the text-interactions with NPCs, shoot me a private message. It's my experience that most players greatly prefer it over double clicking.

What does it mean? One of the developers probably made some small change somewhere that they didn't mean to, and it had this effect as a bug. Nothing to do with characters in the game at all. We don't even have real mages to do any "bunging-up"! :wink:
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

I tested Frizza on the development server and she is working fine. I tinkered around with frobentius and removed his chair and reloaded server and he is working. I am not sure the chair was the issue, but will perminately remove it from map. This was probably just a glitch of server reload at some point. All this means is, this should be fixed and good after next update.
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

I noticed that you can put items over items and so on. By testing it, the properties of the item 1 isnt usable. So by placing another items above an NPC, it is the same? Check it out!
thebigbear

Post by thebigbear »

Excuse my frustration, but it seems Gregor Remethar isn't working today. (He's located outside of Runewick, just north of the end of the golden bridge.) I got a quest from him to defeat some slimes and re-light some oil lamps in the crypt. Well, finally figured out how to do this quest but when I tried to claim my reward...you guessed it. He didn't respond. Can't claim my reward.

Guess I'll return to Cadomyr and see if I can "work" Frizza and the other merchant character as suggested.

Thanks for being patient with me and tracking down the little bugs. I really like this game and I'm enjoying myself, but I am easily frustrated by games that don't work as planned. That's ALWAYS why I quit a game and why I NEVER buy a computer game. In the past whenever I purchased a game to load on my computer, eventually I found a bug that prevented the game from working as intended. Support was non-existent and of course I could NEVER get my money back from the store where I bought it. So, I buy no more games. My personal problem, I guess. :roll:
thebigbear

Post by thebigbear »

No, the 2 merchants in Cadomyr don't work for me. When I click on them there is no dialog box that opens so I can't ask them questions or make statements to either Frizz or Robenious. Time for me to just walk away today and give it a rest. I don't need MORE frustration in my life. I'll just go back to building plastic model kits. At least when they don't go together correctly, I can fix the problem myself or just throw the whole mess in the trashcan. :evil:
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

I've tested this on the devserver with the devclient:

Frobenius: Works perfectly
Frizza: Works perfectly
Gregor Remethar: Does NOT work. Please remove the stool on the same tile. We should never place items on the same field as NPCs (and vice versa): http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=11184

Make sure you really click on the NPCs and not on some item nearby.
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

Will take Gregor's chair. No more sitting around on the job :D