Appeal for sanctions against Jefferson Gray

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

nathi

Appeal for sanctions against Jefferson Gray

Post by nathi »

A parchment is pinned at the board of the cities of Illarion
Vor einigen Jahren überfielen Kriminelle Tol Vanima, verschleppten eine junge Elbin und töteten sie. Als Täter wurden ein Zwerg und ein Mensch gestellt, der Zwerg wurde von Mitgliedern des Tinechor erschlagen, der Mensch der auch der Anführer des Verbrechens war konnte leider fliehen.
In Galmair begegnete das frühere Tinechor Mitglied Idrandal diesem Mensch wieder, und es kam zum Kampf. Idrandal ist seit dem verschollen.
Nun ist dieser Mensch noch immer für den Mord unbestraft und nimmt auch weiterhin an zweifelhaften Taten teil. Es ist davon auszugehen das dieser Mensch auch noch weiterhin kriminelle Taten ausübt. Dieser Mensch wird Jefferson Gray genannt, er ist für seine Feigheit und Hinterlist bekannt.
Um auf Gewalt zu verzichten rufe ich hiermit zu Sanktionen gegen Jefferson Gray auf und bitte insbesondere alle Elben und auch namhafte Händler ihm jede Versorgung und Unterstützung zu verwehren. Sinnvollerweise soll diese Sanktion auch für Personen gelten, die dem Elbenmörder Jefferson Gray nahe stehen. Bitte folgt diesem Aufruf für eine gewaltfreie aber gerechte Strafe, ihr verliert dabei keinen Freund aber ihr dient der Gerechtigkeit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few years ago criminals raided Tol Vanima, kidnapped a young elfess and killed her. As perpetrators a dwarf and a human were known, the dwarf was killed by members of Tinechor, the human and leader of this crime was unfortunately able to escape.
In Galmair the former Tinechor member Idrandal met this human again and it came to a fight. Idrandal has since disappeared. Now this human is still unpunished for killing and also continues to participate in dubious deeds. It is to be assumed that this man still continues to carry out criminal acts. This human is called Jefferson Gray, he is known for his cowardice and deceitfulness.
To renounce violence I call herewith for sanctions against Jefferson Gray and I ask especially all Elves and also well-known traders to refuse him every care and support. It makes sense to apply these sanctions to individuals who are close with the elf killer Jefferson Gray. Please follow this appeal for a non-violent but just punishment, it loses no friend but you are serving for justice.

Für die Gerechtigkeit / For justice
~Deanna, former member of the last elders concil of Tol Vanima
Ohiyesa

Re: Appeal for sanctions against Jefferson Gray

Post by Ohiyesa »

I know Jefferson to be a generous and sociable person... Seems like this occurred years ago. Why pursue this matter all of a sudden now? Is it related to his employment by Galmair as a Free Man? People change and there is a place for grace; punishments harden souls. I believe he Is redeeming himself, why get in the way of that? The single minded pursuit of "justice" can lead to injustice. What proof do you have that he engages in criminal acts? Otherwise, that is slander. You remind me of a vision I had in the Dreamworld of a certain law-enforcer who made it his life to track down and take captive a former prisoner - one who was now doing much good in the world - and caused much harm before his ending.

Penned with a falcon feather
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

The Jefferson gray I know is a crazy arse. But I have not seen him do no harm to someone who has not deserved it. This may have been him in the past but it is not him know. If we start judging those that have changed there ways for past deeds.then all of illarion shall stand trial. If he harms an innocent know then he shall be judged. But he has not. Let the dead remain dead. If you personally wish to not trade with him that is up to you. But my stock will remain open to him. I encourage you all to ignore the rants of a crazy person who can't see the future because they remain in the past.

Azure Lynch.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Before anyone else thinks of praising Jefferson Gray, I invite Chancellor Artimer Fault to publicly present his account of the events that occurred after he found me on Galmair's wall on the verge of dying, beaten with an intention to cause death. It probably starts somewhere after when I am about to lose our duel, put down my weapon, turn around, take off my helmet and get violently stabbed in the back thereafter.

I think that this particular deed was not addressed by the Don during the sentencing of the Free Men, despite me asking him. I expect him to choose to ignore whatever he wants so I would like the new chancellors to let me know if they also plan to not act on the deed done to a foreign ambassador and a friend to Galmair.

~~ Knight S'rrt K'shire,
Queen's ambassador to Galmair,
Praetor of the House Desert Fox
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Well don't take this the wrong way. But when you duel its alot like a Battle. It is not over until the other can't fight. Usually means a trip to see cherga. Y'all made that mistake during your battle with the Freeman. By which aloud your enemy to reach your beloved queen. Sefja dueled juuma and they dueled the proper way till one met cherga. Plus never never never turn your back on the enemy you face.

Azure Lynch
Teflon

Post by Teflon »

~ A tall person, dressed in dark cloths, places a parchment below. ~

Does this mean that the ambassador officialy admits that he abused his position and raised a weapon against an Galmarian and attacked him on Galmarian ground and therefore broke the law and committed a very critical crime? It also sounds very unlikely that someone who is smart as the ambassador would ever take off his helmet during a fight since it would be against any security measures. Much more does it sound like an accident or even more like a fake report that tries to stir war and harm to peace in Illarion.

The same counts for the original parchment. Why would someone forward such rumors after decades when peace is such a fragile thing and this could have been investigated much earlier? It also sounds that not justice but war and violence are the intension. Where is the proof or witnesses that someone got killed when this girl disappeared? Who ever these Tinechor are but it could be also asked where is the justice by slaughter a suspect without trial and if those Tinechor are not more than murderer and try here again to get their greed for blood satisfied?

Stop spreading rumors and harming peace in Illarion!
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I really don't care about your opinion anymore Azure, as you are almost always ill-informed. Your lack of understanding on a variety of topics is just too much to deal with. You seem to blame us for the Queen being attacked and now you defend someone who tried to kill me. I'd feel sorry for you if I wasn't so utterly disappointed.

No, Mr or Mrs Anonymous, that is not what I admit at all but thank you for at least presenting it in form of a question rather than a self-proclaimed fact. Let me address your arguments:
abused his position and raised a weapon against an Galmarian and attacked him on Galmarian ground and therefore broke the law and committed a very critical crime
Answering someone's taunting with a challenge to a fight is not an attack. I waited for him to be ready. I have admitted before that I should have made it more clear that it was meant to be a duel, not a continuation to a series of attacks between towns. However, as an honorable lizard, I exercise honorable duelling my own way. Jefferson seemed to think that one of us has to fall, which I don't agree with, so he kept attacking me even if I had quite obviously admitted defeat. Not only that because knocking someone down is one thing, attacking them more after that is another. What law did I break, I wonder, and what crime have I committed?
Stop spreading rumors and harming peace in Illarion!
Anything that states that Jefferson DIDN'T try to take my life is a rumor. It is people like him and the Free Men who we have to deal with in order to achieve peace. Fortunately the Don understands this and has stripped them of their status, income and freedom of movement.

Jefferson is no longer a friend but not an enemy either. I hope that he can be honest and responsible enough to not lie about letting his lust for a kill consume him momentarily but I wouldn't count on it. He is a good asset to have, just very unpredictable. Oh, about the original post, I agree with others that it is ridiculous to call for punishment something from decades ago, it should have remained as a simple warning if anything. As you can see, I am capable of having gray opinions about.. Gray. It's not all black and white.

I continue to await for any chancellor response as well as Chancellor Artimer Fault's opinion on the situation.

~~ Knight S'rrt K'shire,
Queen's ambassador to Galmair,
Praetor of the House Desert Fox
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Ladies and gentlemen,

These preposterous allegations have been brought to my attention so I thought it only right that I comment on them. I usually would not humour such outrageous slander on my person, but since this situation seems to be spiraling, I will.

In honesty, I have no clue what the zealot and member of the bearers of fire (who follow one god and burn people at the stake without trial), Deanna, is speaking about. Her and her acquaintances have always tried to undermine me so I will admit it does not come much as a surprise in that regard, however. This story and the outlandish claims she has made up are baseless, without merit, without facts and come to our attention at a very, very curious timing. Why now? One whispers to the wind. Why was this not dealt with all those many years ago when which it happened? One ponders to the void. Because all these allegations intend to do are cause tension and ruin me, I answer.

Let us humour this appeal and assume I did do these things. One, it happened on a different island with a separate judicial and law system which has no bearing on Galmair or indeed any of its surrounding settlements. Two, Deanna explicitly admits that this 'Tinechor' murdered a dwarven male without trial. I would suggest this part to sound almost true as the cult in which she is a celebrated member of still commit these indecent acts to this day. But I? Gray? The man that my comrades only know as protector of justice in Galmair; who has thwarted Flynn's pirates, Zaras' portals and dragon kin, Mas, the burning of Galmair merchant square, protected the left hand of the righteous and mighty Don Valerio Guilianni on many occasions and gathered a small force to stand for the dignity of Galmair against those who wish to make us slaves? To play demons advocate, it would not take a scholar to surmise The tale she tells does not fit the character of the man, wouldn't you agree? Feel free to conduct an analyses and questionaire among those who know me in Galmair. Let them tell you what kind of person I am.

I am an individual who deals with facts. You know, the ones that can be proven. I invite you to conduct an investigation and come to me with the findings. What a wonder that would be, considering most every punishment those who would oppose me wish upon me would be assigned without them. There are many facts that I hold against my foes that would see them hung for their injustices to the people of this realm, but I will hold my tongue as I am a patient man and believe that one day, they will all be judged. Even if the rest of us must endure as scapegoats for a duration.

Regarding S'rrt K'shire's comments, I do believe I can shed some light on this unfortunate situation. Artimer Fault arrived to witness the 'ambassador' laying injured nearing the same time the right honourable Juumajin and myself witnessed this, too. There ensued an argument afterward between chancellor Artimer and we over who would take the many titled S'rrt to hospital. Juumajin and I wanted to do the act as a good will gesture to show an offering hand of peace, but chancellor Artimer with his kind heart insisted he would strongarm his way into the situation for whatever profitable reason. We in Galmair live for profit so there is no shame in it, really. Perhaps to be deemed hero? I do not know, nor do I care. For in anycase I hold no ill will toward chancellor Artimer and wish him the best of luck in his new role. As, for as far as I am concerned, it is water under the bridge. Which, I may add, is rather quite fitting seeing as this event took place on the battlements.

Though I will say this, S'rrt: You throw around the term ambassador as though it is a right of way. May I remind you that noone in Galmair gave you that position. So, as you may think you can create unfounded, unproven and weak allegations against myself and others without question, I do wager that it does not hold as much ground as you may hope. You are a shill, an unfortunate circumstance placed on Galmair. That is all.

In closing - I do not know what happened to you that fateful day, but continuing this jealous and begrudging feud with myself is petty and does no good to progress the path of peace. I can only assume that it is because as fate would have it, your leader, Annabeth of House Desert Fox, was handed to Cherga during the unfortunate battle between our settlements. I have been judged and punished for my participation in the battle and have accepted the Don's bidding. Perhaps you should, too.

I will endure my ongoing punishments and work to protect Galmair, but do know you have not heard the last of the free man called Jefferson Gray.

~ Elite Jefferson Gray <>
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Azure post a parchment with a dagger holding it in place.

S'rrt you are a fool. You speak and the world sees it first hand. You call what I spoke my opinion. But it was fact.
Fact one. You chased the enemy off but you didn't make sure they where finished.
Fact two you left one guard. Then when to drink and celebrate prematurely.
Fact three. You all left to hunt down the second assault. And your queen was attacked. Which was your duty to protect.
Fact four. The reason you are a fool. You say you are a friend to Galmair. But behind the back of the galmarian women you claimed to love you made fun of galamirians when you where with other nobles of cadomyr.

So no I find out the facts before I speak. Say what you will. But you chose not.to acknowledge me cause I speak the truth.

Azure Lynch
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I have found that in most places of the world it is considered an insult if one realm appoints a loser to be their diplomat to another realm.

F
nathi

Post by nathi »

Jeder hat ein anderes Zeitempfinden, sowie auch jeder eine andere Auffassung für die Schwere von Straftaten hat. Weder wird der Täter noch vom Tinechor verfolgt, noch gibt es ein bestehendes Urteil auf das ich mich beziehe. Ich habe lediglich einen Aufruf an jene gerichtet, für die ein Mord ein Verbrechen ist, um einen solchen mit ihrer Verachtung zu strafen, der sich nach dieser Tat und nach der Zeit des Vergessens als Edelmann präsentiert. Jene die nicht dieser Auffassung sind und sich nicht mehr daran erinnern können oder wollen, diese sollen sich nicht angesprochen fühlen. Es war natürlich zu erwarten das sich auch Andersdenkende zu Wort melden, auch mag mein Aufruf ein Steilpass für jene sein die mich nicht mögen. Und ja, natürlich hat mein Aufruf auch mit den Aktivitäten der Freien Männer zu tun, ich möchte mit diesem Aufruf erinnern, dass der sich heute als edle und gute Freund darstellende Mann eine dunkle Vergangenheit hat. Es ist auch eine Warnung zugleich, denn wenn ein Mord gleichgültig hingenommen ja sogar legal wird, so weiss ich nicht von welchem Frieden der Unbekannte weiter oben schrieb.
Was die Nennung der Träger des Feuers angeht, es mag sein das dieser Orden ebenfalls Vorbehalte gegen Jefferson Gray hat. Diese Vorbehalte haben dann jedoch nichts mit meinem Aufruf zu tun.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone has a different sense of time, as well as everyone has a different view of the seriousness of offenses. Neither the offender will be persecuted by Tinechor, nor is there an existing judgment to which I am refer. I sent an appeal to those for whom murder is a crime to punish them with their contempt, which present their self by the time of oblivion as a nobleman. Those who do not have this view and can not or want to remember , they should not feel concerned. It was natural to expect that even dissidents speak out here, even my call may be a forward pass for those who do not like me. And yes of course, my appeal has to do with the activities of the Free Men, I want to remind by this call that which one who is performing today as a noble and good friend has a dark past. This is also a warning at the same time, because when a murder is even accepted indifferent legally, so I do not know from which peace the stranger wrote above.
As for the mention of the Bearers of the Fire, it may be that this Order also have reservations about Jefferson Gray. Then these reservations have nothing to do with my appeal.

~Deanna
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

The Tinechor is dead... Tol Vanima is buried so far under the sea no one can find remnants of it even today. The mainland has accepted our refugees without asking about the past. Even those with long memories can only be as tolerant.

Some have known me in the past as Breanna.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

My interest has suddenly been piqued.

"The Order has other reservations for Jefferson Gray."

You mind telling us here about this sensitive diplomatic issue? I do believe a battle was fought because of the Order threatening to shed blood and Ss'arney's willingness to do it on our soil during a guard of Mas. So now after all the attempts to make peace you appeal for essentially a trade embargo on one man and talk about how the Order (which have threatened many innocent folk in the past) has "Reservations".

But yet here we write the Free men still considered villains and the world of illarion just too blind to see this steam alliance for what it is. Even after peace is made they try to push to threaten us and put us in a disadvantageous position so they can do whatever benefits them.

Keep pushing then, continue making enemies, make your moves. Free men will stand and protect thier freedom and their own.

Ulquiorra Dreadhart