Drinks/Getränk

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Evie
Developer

Drinks/Getränk

Post by Evie »

Hello, Illarionites
This is not so much a proposal but a request for ideas. With the crafting changes being done in Milestone 2, I would like to add an effect or even an emote when something is drank. We have three classes of drinks Normal (juice and water), soft liquor (wine,beer,etc) or hard liquor (berry booze, rum, etc). I would like to know what our players think of this and any ideas that you may have as I move forward with the cooking/brewing/baking changes to crafting under Milestone 2.
Evie

---------------------------------------------------------------------
((Apologies for poor German/Entschuldigung für schlechte Deutsch))
Hallo, Illarionites
Dies ist nicht so sehr ein Vorschlag, sondern eine Anforderung für Ideen. Mit den Handwerksänderungen in Milestone 2 getan, würde Ich mag, um einen Effekt oder sogar ein Emote hinzufügen, wenn etwas trank. Wir haben drei Klassen von Getränken Normal (Saft und Wasser), weich Lauge (Wein, Bier, usw.) oder Schnaps (berry Schnaps, Rum, etc.). Ich würde gerne wissen, was unsere Spieler denken, dieses und alle Ideen, die Sie haben, wie ich vorwärts zu bewegen mit den Koch / Brau / Back Änderungen an Crafting unter Milestone 2.
Evie
Sammy Goldlieb

Re: Drinks/Getränk

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

How about adding some effect to Drinks, like it is with meals?

For example for beer: +1 to con -1 to will (2x Duration of meal effect)
Lia

Post by Lia »

wie wäre es mit damit

x trinkt sein drittes Bier
X bekommt die Naricht: "Du fühlst dich betrunken."
Alle Anderen die anwesend sind bekommen die Naricht. "X sieht betrunken aus."

und das steigerbar, je mehr man trinkt, und je mehr Alkohol das Getränk enthält.

bsp
3 bier = betrunken
2 schnaps = betrunken
6 Bier = stark betrunken
4 schnaps = stark betrunken

Und nach einer gewissen Zeitspanne bekommt man die Naricht. "Du fühlst wie du langsam wieder nüchtern wirst."
Und für Andere dann. "X scheint wieder nüchtern zu werden"

Je betrunkener man ist um so schlechter sind Attribute und skills.

----------------------------

i hope my englisch can be unterstand. if not, would be nice if someone translate my german in a better englisch.

how about so

x drinking his third beer
X gets the information : "You feel drunk yourself . "
All others who are present get the Information . " X looks drunk . "

and be increased , the more you drink , and the more alcohol the drink contains .

Example:

3 beer = drunk
2 liquor = drunk
6 beer = strongly drunk
4 liquor = strong drunk

And after some time you get the Information . "You feel like you 're getting sober . "
And then for others . " X seems to be sober "

The drunker you are , the worse are the attributes and skills .
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

And this would end the Business of any brewers. Even for rp reasons, nobody likes only to have disadvantages.
I think you should let the Players rp, f the are drunken or not.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Lia wrote:wie wäre es mit damit

how about so

As Sammy wrote, this does not sound very motivating and might leave a big question mark behind "Why again should I drink/brew something in this game?". We should think into a more positive direction. Items should have a real benefit and some forced auto emotes might not count as benefit.

I've thought about a use for drinks myself and I have to admit I could not come up with more than incremental ideas to approaches we already have. Something ground breaking, unique yet simple, is wanted :-). Anyway, here are some basic ideas, based on current game architecture:
  1. The most obvious approach is to give drinks similar buffs as food. The buffs could focus on mental attributes such as willpower. Drunken dwarves can be quite stubborn ;-).
  2. A more sophisticated approach is based on magic users needing drinks like workers and fighters needing food.
    • In addition to the food bar, we get a "drink bar"
    • Recharging the mana bar consumes "drink bar"
    • If desired, other actions can also require you to drink once in a while with the demand for food being reduced at the same time (TBD)
    • The drinks could grant buffs that help magic users, as described above
  3. Another obvious alternative is to expand the idea of the "Socialite" rank list. In former times, there was the idea of a luxury system that determines/influences your rank in society. This was never implemented and we implemented the more conservative "quest->rank points->rank" approach instead.
Lia

Post by Lia »

Estralis Seborian wrote:
Lia wrote:wie wäre es mit damit

how about so

As Sammy wrote, this does not sound very motivating and might leave a big question mark behind "Why again should I drink/brew something in this game?". We should think into a more positive direction. Items should have a real benefit and some forced auto emotes might not count as benefit.
Why you should drink? Why drink your Charakter?

Sorry but is Illarion an Rollplaygame or not?

I've looked at it from the perspective of a role player .
Not from the perspective of power gamers, or similar .
So I think it's very sad when you have to ask yourself on a roleplaying server after the reason why a character does something .
Just because it makes you weaker.

in real life , you can also swing no more sword after 5 beers . Not particularly well , anyway. So why should your character can ?
Because it is fantasy ?

Then I ask wish me well unicorns who can ride my character . And the fairies replayable back . Why? Because

I exaggerate it ? a little bit, yes.

But Maybe I would also just a little logic in the game .
Thats my reason for the worse attribute and skills if your Charakter drunk.
If your Charakter no longer drunk your skills and attribute would be back.

Whats the Problem with them? that you cant drink a lot of beer with your Charakter, and then fight against a army of undead?
Then your character should maybe do not drink if he still wants to fight for it.

We have plenty of heroes . We do not need heroes who organize a booze and then still be able to fight super great .

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Sammy schrieb das es nicht sehr motivieren klingt und die Frage hinterläßt." "Warum sollte ich trinken/brauen in dem Spiel?"

Warum solltest du trinken? Warum trinkt dein Charakter?

Entschuldigt, aber ist Illarion ein Rollenspiel oder nicht?

Ich habe es aus der Perspektive eines Rollenspielers betrachtet, nicht aus der Perspektive eines Powergamers oder dergleichen.
So finde ich es sehr traurig, das man sich auf einem Rollenspielserver fragen muß warum sein Charakter etwas tut. Nur weil man davon Nachteile haben könnte. Nur weil es dich schwächer macht.

Im Realen Leben kannst du nach 5 Bier auch kein Schwert mehr schwingen. Zumindestens nicht sehr gut.
Warum sollte dein Charakter es können? Weil es Fantasy ist?

Dann wünsch ich mir Einhörner die mein Charakter reiten kann, und die Feen spielbar zurück. Warum? Weil...

Ich übertreibe es? Ja ein bisschen.

Aber vieleicht möchte ich nur ein bisschen Logik im Spiel. Das ist mein Grund für sinkende Attribute und Skills, wenn dein Charakter betrunken ist.
Wenn dein Charakter wieder nüchtern ist, sind sie wieder da.

Wo ist das Problem dabei? Das man nicht ein Dutzend Bier trinken kann und danach gegen eine Armee untoter kämpfen?
Das der Charakter vieleicht nicht saufen sollte wenn er noch kämpfen will?

Wir haben genug Helden. Wir brauchen keine Helden die ein Saufgelage veranstalten und dann noch sehr gut kämpfen können.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

From my perspective, just an other attribute boost is as boring as just getting drunk (not to mention that we have many drinks that do not contain alcohol). Estralis pointed something important out and I would like to focus on that:
Something ground breaking, unique yet simple, is wanted
Be creative! We can do really fun stuff with Lua. So let your imagination fly. Let's bring up more ideas instead of focusing and discussing on the most obvious (and frankly boring ones).
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

Is ir possible by drinking specific drink to increase for example the running speed or get a higher price by selling things to npc-merchants (like 1 silver?). Or to increase the tiles you can throw a thing? Or achieve +1 in Quality for things you craft? Or get +1 fruit or anything while harvesting fruits or crops? Or you may find some pure water while drinking something in the ground of your goblet/mug? That would also balance the ways to find this rare element, the other ones are more common to find and would greatly increase the brewers business^^ That would be quite uncommon I guess. I'll post it here when I come up with more propossals.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

I'm on the side of not punishing crafters or drinkers. I see nothing fun in that.

If you want something realistic, how about drinks that make your clothes fall off and have you dancing on tables? Or make a character walk unevenly in a zig-zag? Definitely there should be a drink that makes you lose your shoes.
Lia

Post by Lia »

Neben den Getränken die Alcohol enthalten. Bier, Rum etc gibt es doch genug andere Getränke.

So kann man wunderbar ein Gleichgewicht schaffen. Bier, Rum, Wein und Co machen einen betrunken also...zeitlich begrenzt schwächer (je nachdem wieviel man trinkt)
Säfte, Wasser und dergleichen genau anders herum. diese geben einen + Punkte, so wie manches Essen es hat.

bsp:

1 Bier/wein/Schnaps = nichts passiert
2 Bier/wein/schnapfs etc = leicht betrunken (nur als emote ohne Wirkung auf attribute oder skill)
3 - " - = 1- auf ein Attribut (für 20 Minuten?)
usw

1 Wasser = Schnelligkeit +1
1 Bananensaft = Stärke +1
usw

Man könnte auch etwas lustiges einführen. ZB verwandelt man sich ab einer unbekannten Zahl von Getränken mit Alkohol in eine andere Gestalt. Quasi wie Gestaltwandler nur per Zufall.

i hope my englisch can be unterstand:

In addition to the beverages which contain Alcohol . Beer, rum ,... . there are plenty of other drinks .

So you can create a wonderful balance . Beer, rum , wine and Co make a drunk so ... limited weaker ( depending on how much you drink )
Juices , water and the like the other way around . these give a + points , as much food has .

Example

1 beer / wine / liquor = nothing happens
2 Beer / Wine / Spirits etc = slightly drunk ( just as emote without effect on attribute or skill )
3 - " - = - 1 to an attribute (for 20 minutes ? )
etc

1 Water = Speed ​​+1
1 banana juice = Strength +1
etc

One could also introduce something funny . For example, it transforms from an unknown number of drinks with alcohol in a different form . Quasi like shapeshifters only by chance .