A New Dawn (open rp)

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Azure Lynch
Galmair

Re: A New Dawn (open rp)

Post by Azure Lynch »

Azure gets dressed and takes her hand. The take a small trail up the cliff side to avoid the town. Azure doesn't say much as the walk the trail. The bright moonlight lights the trail. As they walk along they reach the cliff where the waterfall is. Azure stops and holds her tight. As the moonlight refelts of the lake below and the light has azure eyes glowing yellowish orange. He kiss her in the bright moonlight.

I love is all azure says. When they finally get back to the house. Azure speaks again.

If your still cold. And need to warm up. I'll be in the bed with all the blankets

Azure smiles at.her and takes off his clothes and hope n the bed hordeing the blankets.
Samantha Stoneridge

Post by Samantha Stoneridge »

Sam rolls her eyes chuckling softly as she moves across the room. She takes her time drying off and changing into her nightgown, then combing her hair. After she's finished, she hangs her clothes over a chair to dry, before moving to collect Azure's and do the same.

"Preparing me for our children, love?" she teases gently, bending down to pick up a stray coin after it falls from the pocket of his trousers. "Now, are you going to share, or am I making a bed by the fire using the spare linens in the chest at the end of the bed?"

She grins, drying her hands and placing them on her hips.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

He gets up out of bed and goes to grab her. They might wrestle a bit and if they do Azure allows her to win by letting he sit on top of him as he is pinned to the floor by the fire.

After awhile they start to warm up. Azure looks at her seriously for a moment.

Remember me telling you I never undevoted my self to following Moshran. But I don't follow "his way".
Well that's cause what they teach of him is a lie. I did some horrible things. But I have come to realize that those acts where not entirely what moshran wanted.

Azure goes and explains what he has learned over the years.

So you see. Moshran is a victim of jealousy. So being his Priest I will try my best to teach the truth. But the world is not ready. So I will teach from the shadows and hopefully change the lies that are being taught.

I want us to always be honest to each other no matter what happens.

Azure looks at her worried about her reaction
Samantha Stoneridge

Sam's playful laughter fades when his mood changes. She listens quietly, seeming to contemplate his theory. When he tells her of his plans, she freezes, all the color draining from her face.

"Teach? Are you serious?" she looks down at him in shock. "Elara has blessed me enough to see your theory as just that. A theory, an intellectual concept that could be explored and analyzed a bit more. But you know there are very few who will."

She rises, smoothing her nightgown as she looks to the fire with worry.

"You know that the Bearers will burn you. They've gotten away with it before. It matters not if you actually do anything, or if you ever set foot on their land. Do you honestly think the Don will embroil us in a religious war to protect you?" she looks to him briefly, before looking away. "And if you think they won't burn me just as quickly for refusing to renounce my husband as a heretic who deserves to die... And Camilla!"

She shakes her head, beginning to pace across the room.

"What do you think it will do to her to watch this? To any of your sisters? You speak of protecting our children, then tell me you're going to set out on a suicide mission." she runs a hand idly over her stomach as she moves across the floor. "I will never tell you that you cannot do something. I do not own you. But I will ask you to remember that your actions no longer affect just you."

She pauses, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath before shaking her head.

"This is our honeymoon. The worry and the fear were supposed to be left in Galmair. Let's just enjoy the rest of our trip. I will try to process this when we are home."

She moves quietly towards the bed, fixing the blankets before climbing in. She faces away from his side, but if he reaches for her, she will not pull away. Any attempts at discussing it further will be met with a shake of her head and a soft "Not now." It is nearly dawn before the quiet tears and exhaustion finally drag her into a fitful sleep.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Azure looks at her. He wants to tell her everything will be fine. He wants to tell her he will post his theory only once and let the people decide. He will eventually teach and change the way moshran is viewed. He thinks. He also feels that in time he can preach his beliefs. But he understands. He leans in and kisses the back of her head.

I am sorry.

Azure gets up and heads outside. He looks lost. And then starts to speak to himself.

One parchment in each town then I am done. Until.the world is ready. Then I will return with the teachings. Plus Sam is right I vowed not to worry her and that's all I've done. Yes your right.

Azure returns to bed and hold her tight.

Sam shoulder might feel a little wet from his tears.
Samantha Stoneridge

In the morning, Sam looks exhausted, but still hums a little tune as she cooks breakfast. She brings the tray to the bed with a smile.

"I had thought about going to the market and seeing if they had any fun or interesting trinkets to bring back for your sisters and niece... but perhaps we should give it a day to die down." she grins lightly as she settles against the pillows. "Besides, being completely lazy today sounds delightful. I think I saw a deck of cards in the cabinet over there. Or we could just lay in bed and stare at the ceiling... or nap."

She stretches before reaching for her plate.

"Anything that allows me to spend most of my day right here is fine with me, love."
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

He smiles at her. We can do it all. Trinkets can wait till tomorrow. Let's eat lay around then play cards and we could gamble article of clothing or we could bet promises. But just being with you is blissful.

Azure reaches for his plate and starts to eat. Sam would notice his left wooden arm is sitting on the table. If she asks he would tell her it was itching so I'm letting it air out.

After the eat and the plates are out the azure holds Sam close. The warmth of his body may but Sam back to sleep.
Samantha Stoneridge

"I wonder if all the water had something to do with it." Sam ponders idly as they eat. "Perhaps we should have a carpenter check it to be sure the wood is still in good condition?"

When the dishes are cleared, she realizes that the tie at the end of her braid is missing. Shrugging, she runs her fingers through her hair, unraveling it and allowing the soft waves to fall around her shoulders. As she lays her head on his shoulder, she reaches for a strand of his hair, wondering aloud what their children might look like. She toys with the idea and his hair until she drifts off to sleep.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Azure gets up trying to to wake her. If he does he tells her its OK go back to sleep. If asked if he is OK he tells her can't sleep but it will be fine.

Azure heads and Stokes the fireplace and watches the fire for a bit. Then he turns to Sam and smiles. He turns to the fire.

I will teach my theory about you. When I know the world is ready to listen. I'll implant the thought and wait on the reaction. Once I feel the world is ready then I will teach them. But my family will have to be protected. From this point forward. And if you can't give me the power to do that after all my service I have done for you before serving to that deadzone. The sacrifice my mother made for you. Then to hellbriair with you I'll find my own way.

Azure sits for a a bit staring at the fire as if waiting for an answer.
Samantha Stoneridge

Sam stirs gently, thinking she hears Azure talking. Deciding it must be a dream, she drifts back off. When she finally awakens later in the day, she suggests a game of cards.

"Lower makes lunch." She grins.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Game of cards will be nice. So explain the rules but I say we bet promises. If you are wandering bet like I say if I win this hand you promise to rub my back for an hour. Or you make me promise to bring you flowers for as long as we are alive. Stuff like that.

Azure moves to the table and clears it. He places some sandwiches he made and some cheese to snack on while they play.

So what are your rules.
Samantha Stoneridge

Sam smiles softly as she starts to shuffle the cards.

"Just remember love, as hard as we try, some promises are not within our power to keep."

She attempts to bridge shuffle the cards, laughing as they scatter around her. She shrugs, offering him what's left of the deck.

"Maybe you should do this..."

As they play, it becomes obvious that she is not much of a card player at all. She seems to enjoy learning though, getting excited when she does something right, or finds herself with a good hand. She giggles, throwing a bit of cheese at him now and then when she swears that he is cheating.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Azure smiles as he tries to catch the cheese in the air but fails miserably.

OK I swear I'm not cheating.

After awhile of playing and having some fun with the promises exchanged. Azure goes to the kitchen and grabs a price of cake and when he returns he goes to smear it on Sam's face. And then goes to run but gets tripped up and lands on his back on the floor laughing so hard he forgets to get up and run.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Camilla looks around azure old room. She finds a book an old book. It has his mother's name. As she sits there and reads it she sees it has rituals dealing with blood magic. And a journal entries about what she did and felt.

She decides to take this and a book titled the truth about moshran.

Brother you shouldn't leave these in the open.

After making sure she wasn't followed she enters a dark place with an alter she moves the slab and hides the books next to some bone knives. After locking it back up. She heads out.

I will tell him when he gets back or he will wander how they got there
Samantha Stoneridge

Sam laughs, scrambling to her feet. She laughs even harder when he falls, taking a moment to catch her breath before hurrying over to him. With an attempt at a menacing grin, she sits lightly on his chest and wags a finger at him.

"Rule number one of planning a surprise attack, always make sure you have a clear escape route." she chuckles, not appearing to care as some of the cake falls from her cheek onto her nightgown. "And that you aren't too clumsy to run. Honestly, what kind of Pryler are you? Evie will insist on more training when we get home."

She clicks her tongue, shaking her head gently before looking down at her other hand. If he follows her gaze, he will see that it is filled with some of the cake from her face. She looks at it thoughtfully for a moment, then splits the mess between both hands. Shifting her position lightly, she positions her hands on either side of his head, just hovering there for a moment.

"Now give me a big kiss, and you may be forgiven." she grins, moving in to kiss him as her hands move towards his cheeks.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Azure goes to give her a kiss smearing the cake that may still be left on her face and now getting on his face. He looks at her

Am I forgiven or do I need to do something else my queen.
Samantha Stoneridge

Sam wrinkles her nose, cheeks flushing lightly at his words.

"The closest I've been to a queen was wearing that diadem on our wedding day." she grins, dipping her finger in some of the cake and tapping the end of his nose with it. "You are always forgiven, though it may lead me to an early grave. Or at least an asylum."

She chuckles softly, leaning down to brush her lips across his again.

"Speaking of an early grave... I'd better move before I crush your chest." she grins, wiping her hands on her nightgown with a shrug before starting to stand.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Right before she gets up azure pulls her to him and gives her a passionate kiss....................................

After awhile. Azure is drying off after his bath. And stokes the fire. He has lost track of time and sees it is starting to get dark.

Tomorrow is our last day what do you want to do. We can go shopping for gifts. Camilla likes anything dealing with magic she is striving to be the shaman of our tribe.
Samantha Stoneridge

Sam runs a comb through her wet hair, giving him a small nod.

"Gift shopping sounds perfect, if the local God thinks he can survive the market." she grins. "We really should convince her to spend more time with Evie. The actual method of practice may be different, but Evie will certainly teach her about the responsibility that comes with such power... such as, not running away in order to avoid going home. She's almost as worrisome as her brother. What does your father think of all this?"

She moves to search through her clothing, mumbling about packing a spare nightgown. Finding nothing, she shrugs, adjusting her robe and moving to sit by the fire again.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

The next morning the go to the market. The day went pretty easy. They went from shop to shop. Buying different gifts. One or two people stared but other than that it was a pretty uneventful morning. Azure watched Sam as she went from shop to shop. It was good to see her happy. As azure was looking through books he comes across a book written in ancient text

Sam can you read ancient writings?

Azure wandering if this is some sort of book on magical rituals or just an old person personal cook book.
Azure waits until Sam gets there.
Samantha Stoneridge

"Hmm?" Sam wanders over. "I read Ancient fairly well, but Evie would be better at it. You forget love, I was a simple novice who couldn't hold a teacher's interest. There is a reason I don't call myself one of the mages. I wasn't."

She shrugs lightly, shifting the basket of gifts on her arm.

"Why? What have you got there?" she pushes a stray lock of hair out of her face as she peers at the book.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Don't know here have a look

Azure hands her the book. It has a big circle in the middle and four circles one on each corner. The book is made of leather and if one can read the ancient writings it says Forsaken rituals of blood.

So what do you think something Camilla would like.
Samantha Stoneridge

Sam looks at the book and instantly recoils setting it down on the merchant's table with a frown.

"No. Absolutely not for your sister." she frowns, wiping her hands on her skirt as if the book had left a residue on her skin. She gives him a wary look. "And Evie would disown you if you brought it to her."

She offers the merchant an uneasy smile, glancing around the books offered and hastily picking up a few others. She counts out a few coins with a nod of thanks, glancing at the offending book now and then as if it may bite her.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

After they finished shopping they returned to the hut and began to pack. Didn't take long since the gifts where packed . after staring into the fire feeling the warmth azure looks at Sam. So one last night of fun. Azure looks at Sam. And when she least expects it goes to pick her up over his shoulder. If successful azure carries her to the tub and throws her in. If unsuccessful he chases her around the hut until either she or he is to tired to care anymore and starts to laugh.
Samantha Stoneridge

Sam yelps in surprise, laughing and squirming. She beats playfully on his back as he carries her.

"Brute!" she laughs again. "Put me down! You're going to break your back!!"

Her protests are lost in a fit of giggles as they cross the room. When he tosses her into the tub, she grabs at his shoulders and arms, attempting to pull him down with her.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

As he was caught off guard he falls.in the water with her. He laughs

Arrrg now I'm soaking wet. Oh well its good since I was gonna bathe anyways.

Azure takes off his wet clothes and positions himself behind Sam and starts to rub her shoulders and back

---------------------------------------------

Back in galmair Camilla finishes reading azure mothers journal. Interesting read. She now begins to copy it word for word.

Hearing the skeleton and mummies out side the room she is in. Knowing she is safe she yells shut up I'm reading here. She gets back to copying the book.

Well I wander if the shaman will want to read this as well.
Samantha Stoneridge

Sam sighs softly, allowing the massage and the water to relax her. She pulls her hair over her shoulder, watching the ends dance in the water.

"I will miss this place." she murmurs. "It's so peaceful. When can we come back?"

She grins over her shoulder.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

We can return when ever you are ready.

After there relaxing bath. The double check there bags and the heads to bed. In the morning the board the ship. Azure wandering why the bags seem heavier then the night before. But the board the ship. The people line up to see them off. Azure thinks about galmair and if they will make it back safely.

Well you might want to play with you magic before we reach the deadzone.
Samantha Stoneridge

Sam shakes her head gently, reaching to put her arm around his waist.

"I would much rather enjoy the last few moments of our honeymoon with you, my love." she smiles softly. "We'll be lost in the chaos of home soon, I'd like to enjoy what's left of the peace."
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

----present day------

Azure sits by the campfire. Thinking back on there honeymoon. He has decided to talk to Evie about certain rituals. He does worry what will be the consequences of this choice. But he loves Sam more than he fears and loves moshran. He gets up and goes to see how Sam's baking is going.

One day they will.see the truth.

Azure says before leaving the campfire.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Azure walks to the inn where Sam is resting. He opens the door and looks at here. He has bandage over his left eye. A bandage wrapped around his waist. He looks at Sam

You think I look bad you should see the other guy.
Azure next step is wobbly and he followers on the floor the wound on his side appears to have started bleeding again.