Update of the forum

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

rakust dorenstkzul

Update of the forum

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

While this isn't exactly the right place for this. I don't think it really deserves a new topic.

What happened with the forum update? What caused it to fail? Are there plans to go ahead with the update again in the future?

Edit: Someone gave this a new topic. I'm not simple.
Nitram
Developer

Re: Update of the forum

Post by Nitram »

We were in a rush while doing the update and did not read the update instructions for the forum properly. This caused the update to fail and the entire installation of the forum to break.

It was just a minor update, but if you are doing it wrong, it fails. Usually a update like this is done in a couple of minutes.
We are planning a major update of the board some time in the future (going to phpBB 3.1). But we will prepare this a lot more than the one we did for this one and inform you before hand when it happens.

There are still a couple of issues remaining in the current installation of the board. Such as the broken search function. We will fix that as soon as we can.

Regards,
Nitram
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Just in case this isn't one of the issues you are aware of:
Several topics fail to be marked as "read" after visiting and the forum has to be manually marked as such for them to appear as anything else than unread. Topics this concerns appears to be random.
Also I've noticed my own posts appear as unread after posting.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I am rebuilding the internal statistics of the board. That takes some time but it should restore most of the functions.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Okay so rebuilding the index is done since a couple of days now. It took 6 days.

What are you thinking right now? alone took nearly a day.
You are writing to much stuff.

Nitram
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Thank you for getting it back..I guess everyone on Illa thinks a lot :D

Is there a date set for the major update and how long is that likely to take, counting on no problems that is?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

There is no date set. Our current board design is not compatible to the new version, so a new design has to be created. This will take some time.

And regarding the problems... well it should work. But we will do a couple of dry runs before hand to find possible issues. We will inform you before the update is done.

Nitram