Character vision into buildings

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Prangemir

Character vision into buildings

Post by Prangemir »

I hope this hasn't been proposed before. I have searched the forums for a similar proposal and have not found one.

The proposal is a technical one and fairly simple, I hope it is easy to implement too (I imagine it might be). I have noticed that characters cannot see into buildings until they have entered into them through the door (the roof then disapears). This is a bit of a problem if using the mouse to get around. My proposal is to let the character look into building one tile earlier, that is from the tile outside of the open door, instead of from the tile inside the open door. If possible I would extend this to windows etc.

I realise this is not a big proposal or major game play problem, but maybe it's not much work to implement. If so it might be worthwhile.
Jupiter
Developer

Re: Character vision into buildings

Post by Jupiter »

Could you elaborate a bit more why this is a problem if using the mouse to walk? You should be able to walk into the house by just clicking on it (single click). The singe click ignore the roof and all other floors of the house and consides the tile on the same level as you are as your desired target location.
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Jupiter wrote:Could you elaborate a bit more why this is a problem if using the mouse to walk? You should be able to walk into the house by just clicking on it (single click). The singe click ignore the roof and all other floors of the house and consides the tile on the same level as you are as your desired target location.
I believe a point of confusion for players who don't know you can do this, is that if you click the floor at an entrance (usually thats a door), you will end up closing the door instead of entering a lot of the time. I know I've done the same many times by accident when wanting to enter a building.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

I guess we need to explain the differnce between left single click and left double click better than. Maybe during the tutorial.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I kind of wish that sound couldn't carry outside the buildings like some games... i.e. hearing characters "talk" from outside seems to be a contention and also easily mixes ig with ooc when some say a char shouldn't be able to "hear", others say "they had their ear close to the door so could hear".
Having the view shown also outside the building.. even one tile might be similar and easy to "mix".

Hence, am not sure I think this would be positive for the game, a simple explanation on the tutorial as Jupiter mentioned may help....I always use the mouse and have never had a problem entering nor leaving.
Prangemir

Post by Prangemir »

Annabeth wrote:
Jupiter wrote:Could you elaborate a bit more why this is a problem if using the mouse to walk? You should be able to walk into the house by just clicking on it (single click). The singe click ignore the roof and all other floors of the house and consides the tile on the same level as you are as your desired target location.
I believe a point of confusion for players who don't know you can do this, is that if you click the floor at an entrance (usually thats a door), you will end up closing the door instead of entering a lot of the time. I know I've done the same many times by accident when wanting to enter a building.
I wasn't aware. I guess it's not worth the trouble then. Thanks for the quick replies :)