This is a date?

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Uhuru

This is a date?

Post by Uhuru »

((Open RP for all wishing to participate and visit the Galmair Tavern.))

Uhuru walks up and talks to Hagar behind the bar, giving him a small smile and a wink. She asks him if he would like to go out on a date and he tells her they can play in the bar. She smiles brightly and nods in agreement, returning to the table of partygoers as they celebrate the recent elections. She excitedly tells her family and then scowls at her sister as Evie rudely whispers that I’m going to want Hagar to bathe first.

Talking with Hagar in some close intimate whispers, I decide Evie might be right about that bath as Hagar smells like spoiled meat and spilled beer. I may have to “accidentally” dump water all over him before any play happens in the bar. Curling up beside him, I fall asleep for a quick nap before our first date.

As the night grows late, I wake up and prepare for the date, playing in the bar. I’m so excited I can’t wait! I rush out of the back room and up to Hagar, full of excitement and expectation. I look up into his eyes, moving back a little to be out of range of the foul smell. Hagar says he is very glad to see me as our date is starting! He hands me a platter filled with drinks, turns me around, smacking me hard on the rear, and sends me off to start serving.

What is this about? What kind of date is this? I look at all the patrons in the tavern and back to Hagar and he says he has to work on his date and so should I! So I hitch up my skirt, lower my neckline, place a huge smile on my face, and swing my hips as I saunter out into the crowd, trying to figure out who ordered which drink. I barely even talk to Hagar all night long except to yell out drink orders, but I do earn a few coins in tips!
Uhuru

Re: This is a date?

Post by Uhuru »

After a few days of working, she takes her empty serving tray and shoves it onto the table in front of Hagar. “I am not some serving girl who serves beer and wine.” Looks at him with determination.

“You been in here, missy, serving it up for free to all your friends. Ain’t you?” He puts his hands on his hips, a dirty rag hanging from one fist as he stares at her. “You cost me coin. You will be recovering that now, especially as I’ve kept a running tab of what you been a serving.”

She blinks in surprise. “A tab? Well, all right, I suppose I am a serving girl in your eyes as you would see it, but I am no working girl… well, no, I am, I’m a cook and farmer. I’m a hard worker.” She sighs loudly as she realizes she is going to completely lose yet another argument. This seems to happen a lot in her life. “Look, you said we’d be dating, not working.” She tries another tactic.

Hagar snorts loudly with a hearty laugh. “No, I said we’d be playing in the bar. You took it how you wanted to take it. For me, that is working. Now stop wasting time and get to work! You’ve much lost coin to make up for and I don’t like you loitering around.” He snaps his towel towards her, she yips in surprise, and she starts loading her tray with drinks.

She talks mostly to herself as she walks through the tavern, serving the beer, “Bet the Don had a hand in this. Always looking for ways to keep me out of trouble, he is.” She slops some beer around, as she slams down a mug particularly hard. “Oh, I bet he’s getting a good laugh at this one, especially here, Galmarian’s aren’t known as being graciously big tippers.” She is so consumed in her thoughts that she nearly trips over a foot, which is sticking out in the aisle, but just barely manages to right herself and her tray before everything goes flying and she incurs Hagar’s wrath again.