Wanted: Weedkiller

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Trufalia

Wanted: Weedkiller

Post by Trufalia »

A cabbage leaf with dark dirt stains on the edges yet legible writing in the middle is added to the board.

The weeds are getting to the point they can no longer be pulled out.

Tru
Uhuru

Re: Wanted: Weedkiller

Post by Uhuru »

I was told that the weed is called a Redcracker Sling-Drillgrass, something brought in from a foreign land by a foreign trader, most likely. I was informed that the best way to kill it would be through magical means, with a spell meant to keep it from reproducing. I'm hoping a mage in Galmair has time to perform such a spell on each individual plant as my sister does not currently have the time.

If not, is it possible to look into a poison that might kill off this weed and not harm the fields, leaving them fallow for years or decades to come? Especially as we have no room to plow new fields. Something to target only the Redcracker Sling-Drillgrass and harm no other plant types? Perhaps if applied just to the plant's leaves and not the ground this might be possible? We need a master alchemist to research this, one that is an expert in poisons.

Thank you all for your help in this matter.

~Uhuru~
Trufalia

Post by Trufalia »

A small sentence is added to the bottom of the previous parchment yet apparently the pen is almost out of ink because only a few words can be read, the name at the end gone completely.

I ....bring .hat Craker we.d!
T
Trufalia

Post by Trufalia »

They are back! I didn't do it, honest.

I can't pull them up anymore, the roots are too strong!

Tru
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

I will has a look at this plant ,it has peaked my interest i like how it appears to be a group of my kinsfolk with blond hair and excessive beards ,bunched together all holding spears.

Blond dwarf weed is a better name ,however i shall take some samples an see wot can be done.

Ufedhin Copperhand,Master Alchemist.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Taking a liking to this tough "blond dwarf weed "Ufedhin does absolutely nothing to inhibit its growth, in fact he has planted some clippings around to see how well they take.
"more the better te study tha' effect on the areas fauna an' flora he mutters " taking some new fresh samples to study the qualities of this tough weed.
Trufalia

Post by Trufalia »

Are they moving?

Tru
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Finding nothing of interest in the substances of this particular plant Ufedhin posts a recomendation for farmers on the town board.

I would suggest the farmers o' Galmair all get together with shovels an get to work digging this plant out by the roots ,a bit o' work is wots needed here,not alchemical poisons.

Ufedhin Copperhand ,Master alchemist o' Galmair.
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Master Ufedhin,
Don't you think we've already tried that? I wouldn't have asked for more help if I hadn't of tried everything I already knew how to do. We, the farmers, need help.
~Uhuru~
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

The old dwarf grumbles and mutters "would be good if someone would tell wot has been done !"

Would someone please tell me wot has been done ? arrange a meeting or somethen so we dont all pull in wrong directions,or at the very least send me a detailed report ,thank ye .

Ufedhin Copperhand.Master alchemist .
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

I has devised a substance wot should do the job however ye farmers must meet up wit me sometime that i might explain its use and how te apply it safely.

Master Alchemist Ufedhin Copperhand.
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

As I advised Master Ufedhin, I am a farmer, not an alchemist. I know nothing of what he has created nor its use. Even with "training," I do believe that it is better left to his care for proper handling as I am not comfortable handling such materials. I am a farmer, a grower of plants, not a killer of plants. As previously stated, if I must do the work myself, master Ufedhin will forfeit any previously negotiated pies I offered for removal of the weeds from the area.

~Uhuru Pryler~
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Sots ,wastrels an' layabouts! no wonder weeds take root in yer fields, well ye better has the fifty elderberry pies ye promised if i ever decide te do yer farming tasks fer ya'.

Ufedhin Copperhand.Master alchemist.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Utterly annoyed with the lazy farmers Ufedhin puts the potent weed killers away in a storage box and locks it.
Trufalia

Post by Trufalia »

Patiently awaiting other's decision on the disposition of the weeds, Tru finally manages a visit to the town board. Leaving just a small dirt smudge on one of the parchments as she flips through each message, she then grabs more seeds and unobtrusively, with hat placed low on her head, makes her way back to the farm.

What kind of town is this with strange growing weeds? I say it is the potatoes.

Throwing the seeds haphazardly around the turned field then working them in the soil, she continues muttering to herself.

Wonder where all these farmers are?
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Dear citizens o' Galmair,
i ask fer some o' ye wiling te be trained how te use the weed killer i has made an' te step forward te assist me in the task o' getten rid o' this pest , the roots now disturb not not only the farm lands from whence they originated but now our main road is being destroyed,this cannot be tolerated,it be one thing that the farmers dont care about there farms but our road be vital.
As the Farming comunity has no desire te bother 'elpen wit this matter i has te call fer volunteers,please add yer name below an i will organise training at the job site .
Many thanks

Ufedhin Copperhand.Master Alchemist o' Galmair.
Last edited by Ufedhin on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranwyln

Post by Ranwyln »

*a short note is pinned below*

will help with the weedkiller

*signed* Ranwyln
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

A tall man pins a note.

Will help as well

Azure
Trufalia

Post by Trufalia »

A red haired girl wearing a slouch hat which places a lot of her face in shadows adds a small torn corner of a parchment to the bottom.

How much is the pay?
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Ignore's the last notice.

Thank ye Azure and Ran' good te see two stout hearts will 'elp wit this ,due te the fact so few others seem te be bothered by the troublesome weed we shall wait 'till after Mas as more urgent needs must appen te ensure survial o' the upcomming time o' horror.

I shall organise a time te meet up soon afterwards Mas an we shall deal wit the troubles.I also has cut stones an' sand te repair the damage done te our road.

Ufedhin Copperhand .
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

The master Alchemist slams his hammer hard on the pin with annoyance

I has had a change of mind on this, due te absolutely no response from the farmers or anyone else concerned ,aside from Azure & Ran's dutiful assistance.I will nay organise a group te do this task that be fer another i has done my bit.
I have spent many hours an' much coin maken the poisons and equipment to use on the weeds an' they will remain in my strong box untill someone decides they want te do the job.

Available equipment
Leather gloves x6.
Application tube x6.
Weed killer x6.
Instructions on safe use.
Last edited by Ufedhin on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justine Zinovia

Anihilate weeds group wanted

Post by Justine Zinovia »

Greetings dear friends

We have a big problem in Galmair.

We need 6 volunteer, the help the shit on our field to remove with Ufedhin Copperhands help.

I hope, anyone come and help me with this big problem, becuse is very angrily.

Thanks for help and reading :)

Regards
Justine

PS"Who is german, please schreib deutsch" :)
PS2"When is wrong forum, stone me and erase me from your mind ;) "
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

The weeds have been obliterated,farmers can grow crops again without troubles from the pesky weeds.

Ufedhin Copperhand ,Master Alchemist o' Galmair.