Removing of parchments

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Alytys Lamar

Removing of parchments

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Well - I do watch this now since some time. Especially Cadomyr is terrible.
Since I understand that there is the freedom to to do so I do not have to like it.

If I would have posted and it is removed in the way the last one not long ago did - without broke any rule - I would be upset as hell.

Notes always were a form of RP - so why the heck they get removed if it goes against the officials in a town ?
Looks like censorship to me :roll:
Alytys Lamar

Re: Removing of parchments

Post by Alytys Lamar »

I see, but I still do not like it :/
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Typically it is assumed the Hemptie is for all factions. This prevents having multiposts of the same thing. RP wise an open "letter to each leader" at the Hemtie should cover all basis. However you are assuming your char in game "walked" to each town and placed a parchment on their town board and it could be possible if allowed. Some towns may not allow any but citizens near their town board I would assume... hence the town has the option of censoring any that are noncitizens.

Of course those that are banned would be censored because it isn't likely they would even see the town board.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Who cares let people post their mind. Also please make it clear if towns keep non citizens from the boards. My chars come often to other towns for trading or alchemy recipes or whatever and so they look at the town boards. So yeah if a town prevents non citizens then make that clear
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Alytys Lamar wrote:Well - I do watch this now since some time. Especially Cadomyr is terrible.
Since I understand that there is the freedom to to do so I do not have to like it.

If I would have posted and it is removed in the way the last one not long ago did - without broke any rule - I would be upset as hell.

Notes always were a form of RP - so why the heck they get removed if it goes against the officials in a town ?
Looks like censorship to me :roll:
It is censorship, but that's fair enough in a town environment. Think of it this way, you are putting up a parchment in a place with an authority, of course they can remove it if they wish. Thats why we have the Hemptie Inn.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

[quote="Colin Smalls"]It is censorship, but that's fair enough in a town environment. Think of it this way, you are putting up a parchment in a place with an authority, of course they can remove it if they wish. Thats why we have the Hemptie inn.

Totally agree with you Colin , keep yer mucky little troubles to your own midden ! we dont want other towns folk posting on our notice boards i hope the towns authorities continue to up hold this law.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Its okay - I got it :P