Monster Spawn Issues - A log

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Evie
Developer

Monster Spawn Issues - A log

Post by Evie »

I am opening this thread for people to list specific areas they feel are a problem with monster spawns. Maybe there are too many monsters or too many higher level ones. Perhaps its a high level monster spawning in a beginner area, example Liche close to town, I am not speaking of one drug in. The developers are working hard giving up their own free time. We can help them be providing facts and details that will allow them to test and pin point issues. I opened a new thread as this is not about pathfinding. It is strictly to do with monster spawns locations and numbers. This all has to be adjusted and it takes time, sure we all like to play and enjoy but we can not rant on those that are using their free time to give us this lovely game. So lets help them by providing exact facts of where the problems are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dieser Thread soll dazu dienen, um die Gebiete aufzulisten, in denen es Probleme mit Monster Spawns gibt.
Möglichere Einträge können folgendes umfassen:
- Es sind dort zu viele Gegner oder zu starke Gegner.
- Es ist ein hochstufiges Monster in einer Anfänger-Gegend, z.B. ein Lich in der nähe einer Stadt (ausschliesslich jener die dorthin gelockt wurden)

Die Entwickler arbeit für das Projekt Illarion in ihrer Freizeit. Wir sollten sie mit Fakten und Details versorgen, die ihnen helfen um Probleme nachzuvollziehen und einzugrenzen.

Ich habe diesen neuen Thread eröffnet, weil die Sache nichts mit der "neuen Wegsuche" zu tun hat. Es geht einzig und allein um Spawnpunkte und Monsteranzahl. Alles das muss angepasst werden und das braucht Zeit, natürlcih wollen wir alle spielen aber es bringt nichts sich über jene aufzuregen, die ihre Freizeit darauf verwenden um dieses schöne Spiel zu verbessern.

Also lasst uns ihnen helfen mit genauen Angaben über die existenten Probleme.
Quinasa

Re: Monster Spawn Issues - A log

Post by Quinasa »

Sir Reginald's Tomb definitely has more mobs than it ever has.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Elstree forest, a couple of areas look about double the usual monsters.

This is offtopic but appears the best place to add for the moment:

They move so fast not only is there a targeting issue (which I understand is being worked on) but an archer char can't get away from them enough to even use a bow with the distance requirement.
Since they gang up on melee and archer 5-6 at a time, about the only thing to do is run.

As an aside, the human mages move so fast, even a melee warrior can't target with a sword, two of us were trying. Furthermore, they instantly port.
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

One thing to keep in mind, they have reduced the area that monsters will roam and spawn so they are closer together and stay closer together. So there may actually not be more of them, it just seems that way. We had one issue in one area where the spawn was bugged and it didn't stop spawning, but that was obvious as there were hundreds. So we do need to be specific if we can.

@Quinasa: Is it really more or is it just that they aren't spread out? Down in the tomb, are there areas without monsters maybe? I know this is ugly, because you go there and they mob you. It feels ugly and looks ugly. We just need to be certain. Is it an issue that need addressed? And if this is a place for new characters, can they survive with it as it is?

Because, when we ran into over 100 dogs, it was REALLY MORE! *laughs loudly* Man, it was ugly. Ok, enough of that bad day.

@Juliana: The areas that look about double could be due to them not roaming around as much. That could be because of the change. Is it a problem? Should they be reduced? Can you give us an idea on where the areas are? What are the monsters? What's around? Also... the other things you are concerned about, I do believe some fixes are already being addressed. Lets wait and see if it helps after they are put in place.
Manron

Post by Manron »

Auch ich möchte sagen, dass auf dem Weg zur Kapelle der Fünf, kurz nach der Brücke, ein ganzer HAUFEN Monster wartet und diese nicht gerade schwach sind, Käfer, Hunde, Skelette und sogar ein netter Bergtroll erwarten dich kurz nach der Brücke.
Ich bin mir ziemlich sicher dass diese dorthin gepullt wurden, allerdings können diese nicht sonderlich weit weg gewesen sein sonst wären sie nicht dort, weil eine dauerverfolgung gibt es ja nicht.

Dieses Problem zu bereinigen wäre eine große Hilfe, denn vorallem für die Spieler die in Runewick sind und dorthin müssen, haben große Probleme wenn sie keine Kampfbestien sind.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Everything which is not on level 0 (the surface) hasn't been changed.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

I believe the devs are working on just about all areas, they've seen many of our complaints and proposals ( was bickering about people complaining in the forum and yet did it myself apologies for the hypocrisy lol)now lets sit back and let them figure this out. Thanks devs :wink:
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Could we please get a translation of what Manron wrote? I tried a translation program, but many words would not convert.

Also, under the "Please Read This First" on the Proposals threads... it clearly states this: "Please keep discussions about proposals in English or bilingual. A discussion has no point if 2/3 of the community is excluded." So if you do write in old, it would be appreciated if it was accompanied by a translation as over 60% of our population does speak new according to our stats. Thank you. :)
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Uhuru wrote:Also, under the "Please Read This First" on the Proposals threads... it clearly states this: "Please keep discussions about proposals in English or bilingual. A discussion has no point if 2/3 of the community is excluded." So if you do write in old, it would be appreciated if it was accompanied by a translation as over 60% of our population does speak new according to our stats. Thank you. :)
Well and in german its written: "Versucht nach Möglichkeit Diskussionen bilingual oder in Englisch zu führen,... " What means so much like "Try to talk english if possible". There is no rule about Discuss just in english. Anyway he wrote just about monster issuses at the way to the chapel of the five.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Uhuru wrote:Could we please get a translation of what Manron wrote? I tried a translation program, but many words would not convert.

Also, under the "Please Read This First" on the Proposals threads... it clearly states this: "Please keep discussions about proposals in English or bilingual. A discussion has no point if 2/3 of the community is excluded." So if you do write in old, it would be appreciated if it was accompanied by a translation as over 60% of our population does speak new according to our stats. Thank you. :)
I would add that many many of the speakers of the old have a good grasp of the new and do their very best and i admire them for that, however its not so the other way ,i for example dont speak a word or write any old, much to my poverty.I think if someone cant write in the new that should in no way stop them from commenting,we just need to ask someone to translate.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Uhuru wrote:A discussion has no point if 2/3 of the community is excluded
:arrow: keep i mind on the other side you exclude 1/3 -> sounds not much better for me

((
* i dont like the idea that i had to write in new - new isnt my native language & sometimes it is easier for me to write in my own language than try to write in another one
* better ask friendly for a summary in you´re language or a translation but dont try to push someone to write in english / new
))
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Please anyone stay on topic, Monster Spawn Issues.
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

735, 480, 0 The spawn size in this area looks spot on. A hunting party of three was able to manage it perfectly. My only question is in the timing of the respawn , it seemed faster than normal. They respawned four or five times in the time it took us to find and dig a map. ps putting this in mantis as well
Tyan Masines

Post by Tyan Masines »

In reference to the discussion about this growing in the other topic which basically deals with the same issues but has a different name, posted here to avoid further conflict:

Sir Reginald's Tomb in Cadomyr is indeed too crowded. Now this is not an issue which will be solely a Cadomyr quest problem. As Jupiter has also stated before, no monsters were changed apart from level 0 (did I get that right?), so plainly speaking, no dungeons and mountain areas have been changed.

As the new pathfinding was released, it seems urgent to to some retweaking in those areas as well. And quickly. Since the new pathfinding was released and no retweaking of monsters was done. Problem is, as a newbie the static NPCs basically lure you in deathtraps. The overall amount of creatures has to be changed, on surface and below. I'd recommend to have safe areas (towns), semi-safe areas (the wilderness around the towns), and hostile areas (remote areas for top level fighters and groups).

Safe areas - No enemies

Semi-safe areas - Only up to lvl 3 creatures, and so scarce no more than two will charge you at once.

Hostile areas - Plant everything you want in there, from adept to insane difficulty. And mark it so no one wanders into them by accident.

Also, have the most common herbs, and other raw materials in semi-safe areas. Safe the real good stuff for the hostile ones.

If the game's idea still is to be mainly roleplay driven, and allow players to play plain crafters, I don't see another way to achieve that. And quite frankly, there is no other way. ;)
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

There seems two main issues, monster spawn and monster quest spawn related to new players, am I mistaken?

I am simply putting this link from Mantis here for want of a better place at the moment...this before pathfinding and related to underground at Cadomyr: http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=8662
Tyan Masines

Post by Tyan Masines »

Not mistaken, it about covers it for this topic.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this forum was for more general discussions about gameplay changes / proposals and Mantis was for strictly technical stuff and reporting bugs? At least that is how I used both devices in the past.

I'll put my thoughts and experiences with areas that, I think, need adjusting since monsters behave differently now on Mantis tomorrow, as precisely as possible.

Apologies for any commotion. :) I believe it helps to remind ourselves that even if arguments over the game get a bit heated here, it's because people care for the wellbeing and development of the game. Common cause, different approaches.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Monster issues in general.. my suggestion is yes to lower spawns and take out monster regen on lv 7-8... lv 9 creatures are fine the way they are. This is relatively simple and should be easy to implement.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Please report any remaining spawn problems after the next patch!

Monster regeneration is another issue that will also be taken care of.
Alessaina

Post by Alessaina »

I'm going to go ahead and make this sticky just in case there are any more problems with monster spawns. Continue to report them here please.