Graphics: Greaves + Pants

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Aeldrìc

Graphics: Greaves + Pants

Post by Aeldrìc »

Hello,

This might seem like a minor issue, but I am not content with them graphics of our armour.
- These short greaves simply look ridiculous and I doubt people in the times of Illarion's setting wore short greaves in winter.
- Even if you wear e.g. steel greaves, with most armours that leaves a blank spot between armour and greaves, looking like you wear armour, but no unterpants. Which is looking even more ridiculous, and if the resolution of this game be any better, it'd be nothing for kids, if you know what I mean.

So, of the several ways to adapt graphics to reflect this, I propose the following solution to it:

How about with sorts of leg clothes and leg armour, generic pants (e.g. black ones) are included in the graphic of the greaves already?
Ufedhin

Re: Graphics: Greaves + Pants

Post by Ufedhin »

I agree these short greaves be they iron , wood or chain need to be attached to something like pants or the short leather leggings for example, as they are at the moment it is truely horrible :shock:
Velisai

Post by Velisai »

Same goes for long greaves. They also leave the crotch bare.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I had in mind a possible layering effect with any of the colored pants allowed to place under the greaves would be perfect, if not then simply permanently putting a black pair of pants under them.

This is the Mantis request: http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=9473
Damien

Post by Damien »

Well... See it that way.
Underpants have simply not been invented yet.

:twisted:
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I can see the need to change the graphics of some clothes at some point. Sadly we currently lack a graphics designer able to do that.

You second suggestion... that directs towards a new slot in the inventory for a item that is worn under the current pants. I'd like to say at this point: This is not going to happen. Its a lot of work to add a new inventory slot and doing so will most likely render the inventories of ALL player corrupt. (Yes that means that everyone is likely to loose all items). For that reason... we will not allow wearing pants below greaves. Sorry.

Nitram
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Nitram wrote:I can see the need to change the graphics of some clothes at some point. Sadly we currently lack a graphics designer able to do that.

You second suggestion... that directs towards a new slot in the inventory for a item that is worn under the current pants. I'd like to say at this point: This is not going to happen. Its a lot of work to add a new inventory slot and doing so will most likely render the inventories of ALL player corrupt. (Yes that means that everyone is likely to loose all items). For that reason... we will not allow wearing pants below greaves. Sorry.

Nitram
Um, yes, corrupting all inventories and loosing all items isn't an option. That plan is definitely out. Good call. And, no graphic designer for the other option is limiting.

So, we do what we can in game. I show people how to wear a robe to cover the backside and carry a shield to cover everything else. Change out of the greaves when not training. It works, but, is obviously just a work around. It sounds like this is the best option right now, at least until an able graphics designer is found.

Thanks everyone for the input!
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

thanks for the pants!