Outlaws

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Avariel

Outlaws

Post by Avariel »

At the moment all those, who are no citicens of none of the three towns, have only disadvantages, as it seems to me.

1. They are not able to enter Cadomyr
2. They do not receive magical gems
3. They cant become crafters, since they have to pay for the use of static tools

So being an outlaw is very unattractive, but I think it is a very interesting character with a lot of good RP. So I propose, that an outlaw receives 2 treasure maps a month, the size determined randomly. That would give opportunity to earn ones living as an adventurer. So hopefully, there will be more of those outlaws soon.
Skamato

Re: Outlaws

Post by Skamato »

1 :arrow: Outlows can enter Cadomyr after If a subject from the Queen handle this. There are a few Outlaws they can enter Cadomyr.
2 :arrow: That is the plan
3 :arrow: Are you sure that you must pay in all towns for using static tools? And other question why they can not get good crafter?

I don't like your idea about the treasure maps......, in the 3 towns you pay taxes for your stones....
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Playing an outlaw, I don't feel more maps are needed, you can usually get plenty other ways. My only wish is to have some minor things that won't have to be paid for by going to a town and using the crafting tables or perhaps free temporary use of one crafting table if items are sold to an NPC i.e. give a little to the town, be allowed a little lee-way. As far as not being able to go to Cadomyr, it hasn't been missed much. More irritation then an annoyance, so far Galmair and Runewick don't mind coin being spent there.

(( Once we were allowed in Cadomyr but it seems most map updates removes that privilege btw ))
Skamato

Post by Skamato »

No worry you char get only a temp access to Cadomyr, but good to know that the function work :mrgreen:

In my opinion is see the option to ask the Town Leader or they deputy about the crafting or something else.

~Ska
Zalkani

Post by Zalkani »

Mmm don't trust those Cadomyrians and their useless bits of parchment :lol:

On a serious note though Avariel - my outlaw has often been a lot better off than my prominent 'townie' despite being less skilled and not receiving town privileges. If you want gems there are still ways to get them and there are great opportunities to have a lot of fun and often more diverse RP.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Outlaws are supposed to have a shitty life. They are people living outside of the social structure. That is intended. For most characters there is no need to be an outlaw. For example, why would an adventurer have to be an outlaw? There is no need for that. His base is the town and from there he goes to fulfill his glorious deeds.
Teflon

Post by Teflon »

Outlaws have one advantage: They do not pay taxes. I, therefore, do not see the reason to give them additonal two treasure maps each month.

Regarding the licence... Each town has IG reasons to deny its tools to outlaws as collective. More profit for Galmair, no access for honourless people for Cadomyr, stoping abuse and for philosophical reasons in Runewick. Maybe they might give access to some individuels if there is a IG reason but never generally.
Avariel

Post by Avariel »

Thank you for your feedback.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

hurr hurr outlaws also haf a risk to beh SACRIFICED!! mwaaharrharr an who cares unless they belong to some outlaw guild? :twisted:
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Since the engine bans from towns would severely limit an outlaw's roleplay might I suggest The Hemp Nectie be expanded a little? gems really arent that much of an issu you can always buy them from people from towns or search them on your own, or even steal them from a char if you have sufficient reason to rp it tho most players would want blood at that point :P

but the main thing, theres no one to repair your equipment nor really sell to in the Hemp Nectie, I'd suggest a woodworker, goldsmith, and smith to be added as well as the armorer or repairman this would make outlaws at least playable if they cannot enter towns.

Please change this
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

I got it!!! instead of engine bans we make more use of a prison/ mine system where guards can put them in there instead of only the gm. losing a char for a time I think is suitable punishment rather than completly blocking a char from a town, bans should be roleplayed, it creates fun conflict for good roleplayers BUT im not saying get rid of them totally, I would say gms should engine ban someone from a town who doesnt roleplay well and just causes stupidity. This gives an actual reason to have guards because otherwise what do guards do that citizens dont?

please consider this...
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

If the bans are not enforced by a engines, players just wait until the GMs are asleep and go into the town than. And the other players can't really do anything about it than. And all the guards and NPCs in the town, who likely know about the ban, just ignore it and go along with the banned person as if everything is fine. The engine enforced bans carry a lot more weight to the experience of all players.

There is no reason you can't roleplay the effects of such a ban. But you can't enter the town using the front gate. That IS the effect of the ban.

And would you really like your character in the mine once you step to close to the entrace gate? :wink: Because that is basically what I read from your proposal here.

Nitram
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

There is currently only one town which bans all outlaws. That is Cadomyr. So normal outlaws can visit the two other towns. If a character succeeds in becoming banned from all towns at once, he should be surpsied to have to live with severe consequences
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Im saying more or less to give the player char guards the ability to put a criminal in the mine, but the bans really limit a char you cant even walk in with a disguise or anything. The guard just pushes you away and you cant do anything about it. I am asking if this kind of ban can be used only in cases where a person has poor roleplay and really just harasses the town. The reason I was caught was good roleplay because I was captured but accidentaly ghosted by an oncoming creature. but I went back for the simple fact that I was actually caught by the people and its poor rp to just go back to my town or the inn. and for doing the crime I did the time and got banned an now basically have no chance to go back. I think this is stupid, I should be able to disguise myself and be able to do good roleplay with members of that town and actually give the guards a reason to be guards. I dont go around randomly attacking people an what not but if this is how it is when good roleplay is used why not use poor roleplay and get away and not have any consequences? the common rulebreaking idiot we have going into Galmair who just logs off when we confront him or whenever we catch a criminal when a gm isnt on to ban him or throw him in the mine we cant do a thing about it.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

The banning is an ingame tool. Therefore, it will not be used to punish bad roleplay or rule breaking behaviour. That has to be handled by the gms but not as an ingame matter.

You might think that in your case it prevents you from playing properly, but on the large scale it is better than anything what we had preVBU.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Repairman is definitly need at the Inn outlaws banned from other towns cannot repair equipment.. which is bad.. game is hardly playable at that point.
Please do this.

will be greatly appreciated by me =D
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

No. If you succeed to be banned from three towns at the same time, there is a reason why you have to face those consequences. Being an outlaw isn't licking a lollipop.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

*sighs* and this is why we have no good outlaws to keep the good guys busy.. guess Bart will die off soon then. :shock:
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

TThere are certain things only supported in town. It is possible to play a bad guy outside of the towns. But if you need repair, you need to find someone willig to do that for you etc. That does not prevent roleplay. It encourages true outsider roleplay.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

I understand this but its not like pre-VBU system where equipment was good but a skilled outlaw with gems didnt need the absolute best and if he did he could count on getting these items from creatures, Now my best equipment will break and I'll basically have nothing to fight with and no way to get anything to support me.. now only the perfect equips are an option for a fighter which an outlaw cant get and the effort and time it takes to get it means it would just break.. dead.. so at bare minimum a repairman is needed. I have very few chars who may help but they cant always go and repair my things either because of the fast equipment breakage.
And when you worship the god of Power you cant slink and hide like the other evil guys an still live in a town.

I wanted to build an evil guild to combat the good ones but it doesnt seem possible in this system, I've tried to be reasonable but none of my suggestions are worth saying so I'm sorry for any char who wants to be evil but simply cant. Certain Gm's work very hard to make good roleplay for these guys but in the end an evil guy isnt worth playing and thats why theres so few. I thank the Gm's who helped me but Im not sure where Im going to go with Bartimaeus.

Silverwing you're awesome =P and I am still open to playing Bart to see what happens but if things go badly I guess he's getting burned.

I can't rely on the gm's as its just not fair to others though I still greatly appreciate all thats been done.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

To be fair, we had also no bad guys in a long time before the vbu. So i don't think that the town thing is the problem. We don't really have enough characters. Bad characters need a lot of characters to interact with. Otherwise everyone knows them an their agenda way too fast.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Mephistopheles wrote:I understand this but its not like pre-VBU system where equipment was good but a skilled outlaw with gems didnt need the absolute best and if he did he could count on getting these items from creatures, Now my best equipment will break and I'll basically have nothing to fight with and no way to get anything to support me.. now only the perfect equips are an option for a fighter which an outlaw cant get and the effort and time it takes to get it means it would just break.. dead.. so at bare minimum a repairman is needed. I have very few chars who may help but they cant always go and repair my things either because of the fast equipment breakage.
And when you worship the god of Power you cant slink and hide like the other evil guys an still live in a town.

I wanted to build an evil guild to combat the good ones but it doesnt seem possible in this system, I've tried to be reasonable but none of my suggestions are worth saying so I'm sorry for any char who wants to be evil but simply cant. Certain Gm's work very hard to make good roleplay for these guys but in the end an evil guy isnt worth playing and thats why theres so few. I thank the Gm's who helped me but Im not sure where Im going to go with Bartimaeus.

Silverwing you're awesome =P and I am still open to playing Bart to see what happens but if things go badly I guess he's getting burned.

I can't rely on the gm's as its just not fair to others though I still greatly appreciate all thats been done.

Dont give up read your messages :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Caldarion

Post by Caldarion »

But if you need repair, you need to find someone willig to do that for you etc.
How about installing a repair npc at the Hempnecktie Inn?
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Mephistopheles wrote:Since the engine bans from towns would severely limit an outlaw's roleplay might I suggest The Hemp Nectie be expanded a little? gems really arent that much of an issu you can always buy them from people from towns or search them on your own, or even steal them from a char if you have sufficient reason to rp it tho most players would want blood at that point :P

but the main thing, theres no one to repair your equipment nor really sell to in the Hemp Nectie, I'd suggest a woodworker, goldsmith, and smith to be added as well as the armorer or repairman this would make outlaws at least playable if they cannot enter towns.

Please change this
thats what I said
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

I have seen several static tools out in the wilds. Why can't these be made to work. Anyone that doesn't enjoy the safety of a town could still craft, they would just need to fight their way in, defend themselves while working and fight back out. They would need to be sure not to be heavily laden so they can run if needed and maybe travel far between the tools needed to complete the task. This way the value of being a citizen is kept but outlaws still can make a living if they work hard at it.
And yes. A repair NPC should be at Necktie Inn, but maybe they charge more for their services.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Hew Keenaxe wrote:I have seen several static tools out in the wilds.
If they tools are there, they can be used.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Jupiter wrote:
Hew Keenaxe wrote:I have seen several static tools out in the wilds.
If they tools are there, they can be used.
Have tried to use..
Leather stretching rack- yes it can
Shaker box, for sand- doesn't work
Anvil- doesn't work

I will look and try more but not all static tools work.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

You are correct. I just took a look and think it is a bug in the licence script.
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought there was a smoker at the Necktie for Outlaws?
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

no, there are no tools outside the towns (or atleast should not)