Treasure map tutorial

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

themonk

Treasure map tutorial

Post by themonk »

I know ive been playing along time but I still don't really know how to use treasure maps. Ive been searching an area for over an hour where the map says im very close.

Do I dig or click on map on each square? what do I actually do?

thanks
G
Annabeth

Re: Treasure map tutorial

Post by Annabeth »

Your perception stat matters a lot to locate the treasure.
When it comes to actually digging it you hold a shovel in your hands and double click the shovel when facing the spot you wish to dig.
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

You also need digging skills in-line with the level of the map. Many things need to be coordinated to dig up a treasure. Low-level map, not many skills needed to dig it up. High-level map, much higher digging skills needed to uncover it. You will, of course, also need better fighting skills to kill the guardians.

Good luck!
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Finding the spot and getting the message that the treasure is there however, does not require any more than the map and a shovel.

Fighting skills will not make a difference here, though it will as the above post mentions matter when you fight the guardians.

If your digging skill is too low you will get a different message than the normal one, saying that your digging skill is too low, though you will be aware that you have found the spot.

Perception stat however will lessen the area you have to search for the spot.
themonk

Post by themonk »

Thanks well gurks old and blind so better scrap treasure hunting alone... he can fight and mining is 100 so digging aint the issue
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Also the different maps.. small, average, big, and giant. I know alot about the high end ones. Bigs are generally easy for an experienced fighter the gnome researcher ones are ridiculously easy and have low loot. Crashed silver objects and pirate have good loot but if fighting alone watch out for giant beasts. Now giant maps. They are good for getting perfect equipment and even magic gems. There are dragon treasure which generally consist of two or three low level dragons and a few lv 6 and 7 creatures. Yr maps are the hardest always having a lv 9 creature and multiple lv 8s.

Happy hunting :)