Auction House for player trade.

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

deke

Auction House for player trade.

Post by deke »

This is just a basic idea which I thought would be good,
for the following reasons:

I've seen players that have not been able to provide enough upkeep for that certain characters craft so they quit.
We all know player made items far surpass the items from an NPC.
we all know player made items also have far better prices than NPC.
we also know players have different timezones so opportunities are missed.

So a simple Auction system may provide a boost in the rewards for a humble crafters efforts.

Of course some people may say that this takes certain Rp out of the game
but you can't have RP if no ones ever logged on when you are.

For the Devs consideration.
Mephistopheles

Re: Auction House for player trade.

Post by Mephistopheles »

when I was playing Runescape awhile back this worked extremely well the what they called the Grand Exchange, I think this is a great idea and also hope the Devs consider this.
Mr.Oldie

Post by Mr.Oldie »

the above problem of not being in the same time zone wont be an issue soon.
The mail system would soon get activated after the guild system, hopefuly.
Then all it would take is to leave a note at the Inn (forum) and people would be mailing you stuff.

An auction house would simply be too much counter productive to RP compared to the mail system.
deke

Post by deke »

Well I was actually proposing that an "Auction house" be made so events like the Auction Quest that is coming up soon can be placed within a setting. Though I am also suggesting Non-present auctions be made so that the owner does not have to be there to sell wares but an NPC.

Though the mailing system doesn't seem all that realistic (yes I know its a Fantasy RPG) say if I ordered 500 ores. I'd not expect that too arrive via dove.
unless I'm mistaken about that.

But with an auction house the stores already there it would make sense for large orders to be available easily there.

the auction house could become as player reliant or unreliant as suited to the Devs, this is all just an idea though.

The Auction house could also become a place for Rp as characters could have to outbid each other.
Mr.Oldie

Post by Mr.Oldie »

conducting an Auction can be added on as a Player quest. and with proper announcements in the forum it would become a hit. :) Buildings with such settings (graphic,enviroment settings) can be found throughout the maps. all it needs is Proper character RP.

concerning the mail system: as far as the RP is concerned, it need not be called as "Dove" for things and items to be delivered. "couriers"/ "Carriers"/"Slaves" however you want it to be called can be used. Perhpas DEVs would even put in a emote like: '* Someone is getting things delivered from a carrier and is handing over the coins *'. This emote can be activated when someone accepts the mail and items :)

Creation of a new NPC for auctioning seems pointless when it can be sooo much fun to completely RP that yourself :)

Dont be disheartened am just saying my views.. :) hehe keep posting.. with proper debate may be we can come up with something cool :D