Magical diamond for armor

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Athian

Magical diamond for armor

Post by Athian »

Would it be possible to implement magical diamonds as an armor percentage increasing gem. In theory it would only be slotted into chest armor only and would not mix with other gems. As such it would have a higher base percentage, lets say 5-10% increase vs all weapon types per gem level.

These gems could be implemented as a very rare gem to gain from any city, which you are more likely to receive with a high rank or a findable gemstone from certain varieties of monsters or any profession that yields gems, though at a lower ratio then the gems currently given from those.

I figure magic diamonds of this variety would allow armor to scale somewhat along with gem weapons and possibly give people a bit of leeway in their choices in armor.
Jupiter
Developer

Re: Magical diamond for armor

Post by Jupiter »

There is already a plan for magic diamanonds. I think the idea is if you have all magic gems (including the diamnond) in a weapon you get a additional bonus for the whole set or something like this.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Honestly not fond of that idea unless damage from all sources is heavily mitigated in the future. Weapons have rather ridiculous scaling potential at the moment, to the point where the rock/paper/scissors aspect armor is supposed to play can be annulled simply by having enough gems, That makes armor as well as many other aspects of the fighting system currently, somewhat obsolete.

I'd rather see Armor at least have some scaling potential vs even larger utility or damage percentage coming from weapons. I see no real enjoyment in a future full of triple digit percent damage weapons that will further bottleneck the choices of weapons to a select few that have the highest base damage for there type(which is basically where we are already).
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Why just not allow magical gems in general to be put into armour? If you have the set x of gems in weapon and your enemy has the set x in hsi armour, the effects annihilate each other. That should solve at least some of the problems.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Magical diamond was the lore-less gem as far as current illa stands. It stood to reason that we could use the wild card gem for something without needing to overlap the rest of the gems. This way magical diamond could actually exist in the game as its own unique item as it did in former illa. Thats why I'd have rather used it then just repeating the old process on armor, at least until we have some more dynamic uses for gems.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I think first we should implement the "normal" magical gems as they work now for the other item groups (armor, tools). After this we can think about what we are doing with the magical diamonds.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

since we're reintroducing the armor/weapon wear'n tear then maybe shouldn't we bring back the old effect of reducing this wear on items from a magical diamond? It would be extremely helpful for those players with very valuable items, like Drow weapons or rare magic ones. I think thats a great use for the diamonds!