Illarion Promotional video

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Salathe

Illarion Promotional video

Post by Salathe »

Alright, so I put together the intro to the video this morning. Its not much but its a start. Watch it in 720

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ENjIid- ... e=youtu.be

I need to find a good screen recorder. Let me know if anyone knows of a good free one or has purchased a good one.

But I have some considerations... Should we release a trailer ASAP or should we wait for more reduction in bugs or even until implementation of magic?
Achae Eanstray

Re: Illarion Promotional video

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Looks nice.. might try here for freeware: http://www.techsupportalert.com/pc/image-tools.html
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

I've already redone the intro, and I think this is much better. The video will go directly into gameplay footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfjQYU1U ... e=youtu.be
Miriam

Post by Miriam »

I really like the second version! :D
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Salathe wrote:Should we release a trailer ASAP or should we wait for more reduction in bugs or even until implementation of magic?
Please wait for nothing. We all waited for the VBU, now it is there, no need to wait for magic. The bug reduction rate declines, those that remain are quite fundamental and won't be fixed in a week or two. All in all - good job so far, just make sure that your video is spread on the internet on websites that are frequented by our target audience. For a start, I suggest to target Linux games websites, but that's your choice.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

I've started trying to collect some nice videos... But I dont want a lizard to be the main character in every shot. It's too difficult to make new characters because they have practically nothing and they cant afford to go to neat places. Would it be possible to get set up with a number of different characters that have the power to create items on the test server and also have some maxed skills.

Also, I'd like to set aside a day where we can get ~7 people to help me capture some group scenes. How does next sunday sound?
Flux

Post by Flux »

I've already recorded about 6 hours of 1080p footage.

http://www.youtube.com/user/IllarionGameplay

Posted a tiny bit there.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Lies! Those were 720p! =) atleast the portal one was

I'd also prefer to take the clips in the highest resolution the client allows. This was a debate I had with myself... At the highest resolution, you can see the greatest amount in one screen which the game has to offer and it just looks amazing. In the lower resolutions, viewers will be able to read ingame text, but have a very closed and narrow resolution. I settled on the higher resolution because people don't want to try to read whole sentences during a promo. And it's a given that all clips used will have to be in the same resolution, or else it's gonna look sloppy.

I watched the teleportation video and it didnt seem to offer many usable clips, 3 max since the entire video took place in 3 locations and we cant show a clip of the same location twice. Every clip needs movement of some kind, typically by the focus character. If not by the focus character, then there has to be other movement as a point of interest.
Flux

Post by Flux »

I wasn't suggesting that you would use that poor man's 720p tree quest footage :P .

And that wasn't part of the 6 hours I referred to.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

I'd really like to do this, this weekend. Would it be possible to get the things I asked for and some GM assistance on the TS sometime this weekend? I'm widely available for the next week and a half so please let me know if someone wants to help =)
Flux

Post by Flux »

If you don't currently have TS access, as far as I'm concerned you can use the RS as much as you like for setting up scenes for promotion, and noone's going to punish you for acting out of character for it.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

I'm aware =) But as I said above, I would like to have multiple characters set up with items. Otherwise I have to spend hours getting these items on the RS so the focus character isn't always someone wearing a green shirt and blue pants. We dont want a lizard to be the focus character throughout the video, so being set up with multiple characters of different gender/races with various looking gear would be best
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

You should know, that you can use some GM commands on the testserver, even as a player. So you do not need GM support.

!what displays info about the entity (tile, item, monster, npc, player) in front of your char.
!w <x> <y> <z> warps you to position <x> <y> <z>.
!w <x> <y> warps you to <x> <y> staying on the same level.
!w <z> only changes the level you are on to <z>.
!create <id> creates item <id>, look up the id in our item list.

If you need people to have the privilege to create testserver characters, just let me know and give me their account name.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Did not know that! That is all I need, thanks Vil =)
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

I can not watch the video "The Chopping of the Teleportation Tree" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ru-m7-BPEg), because of troubles with the used music.

For users from germany YouTube has to block all videos that uses music which is protected by the GEMA. Take care for that!

In general, to prevent serious trouble because of questions about broken copyrights, for yourself and the illarion society, you should only use your own stuff or free music.
Estralis Seborian

Or the Illarion OST!
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

I'll be using some of our OST. So no worries =)
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Currently learning the many features of After Effects, since this promo vid can't rely completely gameplay and needs something else to keep the viewers attention.
Estralis Seborian

Any results?
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

I am going to touch back on this. I will have a finished video, but it will be more promotional than showcasing gamepaly.
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

Estralis Seborian

Salathe wrote:I am going to touch back on this. I will have a finished video, but it will be more promotional than showcasing gamepaly.
Is there some kind of script for the video? I think it is very important that you can "replace" the ingame footage easily. We might want to have a german version as well and hence, we'll use two sets of ingame footage. Also, due to technical improvements of the game, it should be easy to swap ingame footage in no time.
Estralis Seborian

I know it's cheesy, too much text and contains no ingame footage, but perhaps it inspires you to start working on a better video for Illarion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpcvCIk ... e=youtu.be