Java 7, OS X

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

nathi

Java 7, OS X

Post by nathi »

Hej

ich habe versucht einzuloggen, beim Starten bricht der Client aber ab. Habe vor kurzem den Java-Update 7 für OSX installiert. Davor ging es noch.

lg nahti
Pugnacious

Re: Java 7, OS X

Post by Pugnacious »

Sorry, I can only reply in english.

I had this problem too.
What I did was remove Illarion (control panel-add/delete-remove)
Then reinstall it from the Illarion start page.
This worked for me.
nathi

Post by nathi »

Thanks. I deinstalled all trace and logs files, and deinstalled applets with help of the control panel. Unfortunally the client don't start. It closed without any message. I use OSX 10.8.2.

lg nathi
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Nitram commonly recommends to use Java 6 instead of Java 7 for the current client. It was not made for Java 7 and there is no guarantee that it will ever run on every system using Java 7.

It would be pretty aweseome if you test the upcoming client, a beta can be downloaded here:

http://illarion.org/~nitram/downloads/i ... nload.jnlp

You can log in by using the account "testserver", password is "testserver".
nathi

Post by nathi »

I tried to run the testserver, if I start the client, it closes immediately without any message, same problem as with the current Illarion client.
In the error log occured this message:

>Illarion Client V1.21 started Mon Oct 29 18:44:22 CET 2012
>LWJGL: null
>VM: 1.7.0_09
>OS: Mac OS X 10.8.2 x86_64

Seems that Pugnacious can run Illarion on Java7, is it on MAC OSX too? I deleted the log, trace and application files several times, but without any success.

lg
nathi
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

I am using Windows XP Pro.
As I said, it works fine now but I couldn't get the test server to load either. Got a message saying only Java 6 can be used.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I asked you before, I ask you again:

There is a error log in the directory where your character information are stored. Please send this one to me.

Furthermore its impossible that the new client displays the error message you posted. Because the version information of the Illarion Client is not correct.

The first idea I got is that there is a problem with the 64 bit versions of MacOS X. As far as I know the native components of the Client (so the stuff that interacts with your graphic card) is only working on the 32 bit versions. At least I think so. The whole MacOS X stuff is very confusing.

@Pugnacious:
On Windows XP is it possible that you are using Java 5? This is fine for the current client but the new one NEEDS Java 6, 7 or 8.

Nitram
Gurok

Post by Gurok »

I have been experiencing this same issue, and was able to correct this by following the steps outlined here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5559?viewlocale=en_US

This gives instructions on how to re-enable Java 6 in OS X [10.8 in my case], which should allow the Illarion client to launch. I don't know enough about computers to know why this works, or whether there are security risks involved with downgrading to Java 6, so, user be ware. However, it did work for me and I am once again able to log in.
nathi

Post by nathi »

Gurok wrote:I have been experiencing this same issue, and was able to correct this by following the steps outlined here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5559?viewlocale=en_US

This gives instructions on how to re-enable Java 6 in OS X [10.8 in my case], which should allow the Illarion client to launch. I don't know enough about computers to know why this works, or whether there are security risks involved with downgrading to Java 6, so, user be ware. However, it did work for me and I am once again able to log in.

I re-enabled Java 6 by these way (editing the command in the terminal), than I could start the Illarion client again. Some days later I did download and did try to install Java 7 again, because I wanted it for another reason. And... surprise... it works fine now. I suspect that was a bug in the first Java 7 issue.

nathi