The Crafting Academy of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Crafting Academy

Post by Crafting Academy »

Introduction to the Academy
The Crafting Academy of Troll's Bane is an organization developed to help the hardest working men and women of the great isle of Gobaith, to become the best crafters they can be. We pride ourselves in hard work and dedication to our students. Never will a student feel neglected or lost, for our instructor's care and are dedicated to each student is equal. For when a student is finished with his/her lessons, they will leave feeling fulfilled, knowledgeable and confident in their own work.

Academy Location
The Crafting Academy is just northeast of Troll's Bane itself, located where some may recall 'Garon's Gold-smithy' was once held. This building, which is now owned by Leon Demelii and Oxiana, will from now on be considered The Crafting Academy of Troll's Bane until further notice.

Guidelines and requirements for students
The Crafting Academy does not just take anyone. As said above, our instructors are the best in what they do. Therefore out students must be committed to their chosen path and instructor. To ensure this, each instructor is to give each possible student a test before accepting them fully into the academy. Tests may vary from different subjects, giving the student and instructor a chance to begin a trustworthy relationship before the teaching process begins.

Instructors and subjects

Leon Demelii - Instructor of Carpentry and Goldsmithing
Oxiana - Instructor of Smithing
Irania - Instructor of Cooking, Baking and Tailoring
Darius Kain - Instructor of Lumberjacking and Farming

(More instructors may be brought in if found to be acceptable)
Last edited by Crafting Academy on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Crafting Academy

Re: The Crafting Academy of Troll's Bane

Declared Students

Students of Carpentry

Students of Cooking and Baking
Caynwyn

Students of Goldsmithing
Sammy Goldlieb

Students of Smithing
Kale Drake

Students of Tailoring

Anyone that wishes to become a student may send word to the appropriate instructor below to set up a meeting

Oxiana

Leon Demelii

Irania Bel'Arus Beothach

Darius Kain
Last edited by Crafting Academy on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:06 am, edited 7 times in total.
Oxi

Successful Applicant

Post by Oxi »

I am pleased to announce Garath Senecha as a student of smithing.

He has already shown the necessary commitment to his training in completing his initial assessment and I am sure he will make a fine smith in time.

We wish him good fortune in the future and may he thrive at the Academy.

Oxi
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

I'd like to apply as a teacher of Hermiting.

Erm.. i meant to write Lumber jacking!

I have lots of experience in the forest and her ways and feel i would be an excellent teacher. also being a bit of a nature fanatic i can teach them to cut trees for the good of the forests AND to prosper in their carpentry.

Also i have pleanty of trees. additonly i supose i can teach them a little tree farming on the side if that's considered crafting..

Signed,

Hermit Darius Kain
themonk

Post by themonk »

I would very much like to learn woodworks and weapon repairs but as i am currently learning magic and fulfilling duties in the knighthood i will not be able to commit all my time.

Perhaps there is a nightschool were i can attend for a privert tutering session?

Sir Gurk
Crafting Academy

Mister Hermit Darius Kain,
The Academy will be in touch about your proposal once it has been considered among all the instructors, as a meeting with you might also be requested. We thank you for your interest in the Academy!

Sir Gurk,
Although no "nightschool" has been discussed or brought up, it would be up to the instructors themselves if they could fit in a private session and work around your said commitments. You can contact the instructors by their addresses above. Thank you as well, for your interest in the Academy.
Leon Demelii

Successful Applicant

Post by Leon Demelii »

I would like to welcome Lauren to the Academy as an official student of Carpentry!

She has shown much dedication in the last few weeks and I believe she will in time, become a great crafter.

The Academy is pleased to have you as a student and we wish you luck!

-Leon Demelii
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

A man lifts his hat a bit as he looks up at the board. After a moment he puts quill to parchment and leaves a note

"Dear academy instructors. I am still awaiting a letter of either acceptance or rejection. I think the fine art of lumber jacking is one that most do not truly understand. Further more from what I've seen around the isle most of the lumber jacks about are reckless and with out thought as to how they chop. this can be quite dangerous and also it can damage the delicate ways of nature. next thing you know we will have another troll intervention. Please do confer with each other and come to some decision.

Thank you for reading,

~Hermit Darius Kain~"
Oxi

Successful Applicant

Post by Oxi »

I am pleased to announce Borri Risinghammer as a student of smithing.

Using his skills in mining he has shown the necessary commitment to commence his training as a smith.

We wish him good fortune in the future and may he thrive at the Academy.

Oxi
Crafting Academy

New Instructor

Please welcome our newest Instructor Mister Darius Kain!

Mister Kain will be offering classes in gathering materials for crafting. We encourage any students to send word to him if they feel they need help with such subjects.

Subjects included

Lumberjacking
Farming
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

* a Man walks up reading the newest posting with a broad grin. he writes a short note and pins it up*

If any one was looking for me i just came out of my cave again. i can be found either at riverside or in Trolls Bane near the garden.

Darius Kain, Agricultural instructor.
Oxi

Student update

Post by Oxi »

It is with sadness that I announce Garath Senecha is no longer a student at the Crafting Academy. He has unfortunately had to curtail his studies to return home in search of his brother, Joram. Of course, whenever he feels able to return he will be welcome to continue his studies.

I would request that my other student, Borri, meets with me soon if he wishes to progress with his studies.

Oxi
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

Greetings!

I am pleased to announce I will be offering to teach the fine art of Goldsmithing to anyone that wishes to learn. Though I will warn those interested, it is the toughest and most expensive hobby out there. I will be happy to work with anyone that is devoted to it and shows good promise.

-Leon Demelii
Instructor of carpentry and goldsmihting
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

Student Update

I am pleased to announce Sammy Goldieb as a student of goldsmithing. I wish him much luck in this undertaking and welcome him warmly to the academy.

- Leon Demelii
Instructor
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

Cay pins a small parchment on the board blushing slightly.

Dear Sir, Madame,

I promised Felix I would learn to cook but I can only get herbs and do potions. I can grow some of my own vegetables if that would help. Any assistance with cooking would be greatly appreciated!
Caynwyn Atelhier
Free Druid

PS I can cook fish if I have a tall book to stand on in order to see inside the oven
Aeron Goronwye

Post by Aeron Goronwye »

Honorable instructors of the Crafting Academy,

I am most content to learn that hard work, determination and fine craftsmanship seem to have true and thriving friends upon my recently chosen, new home of Gobaith.
As a strong believer in the principals and benefits of honest trade and faithful servant of Irmorom, nothing would delight me more than to trade with the good members of your institution.
That is, why I would hereby like to offer my humblest services as a merchant to you and your students.

If it would please you, mayhaps we could meet to discuss things further.

In anticipation of a great business relationship

Aeron Goronwye
Oxi

Successful Applicant

Post by Oxi »

I am pleased to announce Kale Drake as a student of smithing.

He has already shown the necessary commitment to his training in completing his initial assessment and I am sure he will make a fine smith in time.

We wish him good fortune in the future and with his immense enthusiasm may he thrive at the Academy.

Oxi
Kale Drake

Post by Kale Drake »

Thanks be to Oxiana! I shall do my best to represent the Academy with respect and honor!

KD
Crafting Academy

The Crafting Academy is more than pleased to have the free druid Caynwyn as an apprentice of baking. We are all sure that she will learn to make the most delicious of treats that can be made!

Irania Bel'Arus Beothach
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

Cay proudly lifts her now quite heavy 4 year old daughter so she can read the parchment while pointing out each of the words for her.

See Maddi, I will make us lots of rolls and fish!

The parchment somehow may now have a little mud outlining a child's hand.
Kale Drake

Post by Kale Drake »

fellow students and council,

I would like to make a generous donation to the guild, if you Oxi or any of the teachers would like to meet me when they can at the smithy!

Kale Drake
Crafting Academy

Greetings to all,!

We at the Academy wish to announce that we are now offering to complete any size order for very reasonable prices as well as wonderful work and quality.

Currently we can offer:

:arrow: Any type of cooked meals or baked goods

:arrow: All wood work products

:arrow: All smithed products

:arrow: Certain finesmithing products (Find or write to Leon Demelii for details for what is available)

Also...

The Academy is constantly in need of resources, we will be happy to purchase any meats, vegetables, iron, copper, and gold (Ores and ingots)

Thank you, we hope to see new faces this winter and coming spring!

-The Crafting Academy of Troll's Bane
Oxiana, Leon Demelii and Irania Bel'Arus Beothach
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

*A rather moist message is smeared across a grubby, torn parchment, weighted down by a large stone in front of the Crafting Academy. It smells terrible.*

Greebus oomins!

Meh lookin’ fer place where meh can get lots ob meat an’ supplies! As well as instruction in dah oomin’ cooking ways, even though meh alreadeh dah best dhere is... send meh big long lettah, with doves... lots ob tasteh doves...

Grimghor