Election for the vacant Council position

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Oxi

Election for the vacant Council position

Post by Oxi »

Following the unfortunate resignation of the previous incumbent it has become necessary to elect a new Councillor to serve the remainder of the term on the Council of Troll's Bane.

Nominations are now requested.
All Nominees must be Citizens of Troll's Bane.
Nominees may either nominate themselves or be nominated by another Citizen; nomination by another must be followed by written acceptance to validate it.
All nominations should be made to myself or publicly with a parchment attached to this notice.

The period of nomination will last a dwarven week ((until 25th March))

Following this, voting will be opened and will last a dwarven week ((closing 1st April))

Details of where to send votes will be announced in due course - the vote counter will be neutral and not an existing member of the Government.

Oxi
Hew Keenaxe

Re: Election for the vacant Council position

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

I am running for Uhuru's vacated spot.

First - I know you will say I ain't a citizen. I am. Just not under your new jurisdiction. So make that happen.
Second - I ain't gonna be part of any "Good ol' Boys Club". By that I mean the Government serves the people, not the other way around. I plan to hold all our feet to the fire.
Third - I will propose that all council members be part of the guard. If you ain't willing to lay your life on the line for the laws you make. Then get out!

I have bled for this town. I have stayed here under several governments that wish to force me out. I am here everyday, rain or shine. I care about this town!

A vote for me is a vote for YOU!

Hew Keenaxe
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I nominate Athian.
The note is unsigned
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

Now there aint many if any people of Bane who don't know me and how I see the world. I'm a realist and not a faint heart, I'm also selfish with a keen eye for a things of value and I aint afraid to get my hands dirty or take one on the chin for it. But lastly I live here, I always have and will.

But that's a terrible reputation to have and a despicable values to bring to such a position of purity, honour and respect, you cry!

Is it? I'm honest for one as you have just read and this being my home means a benefit for me is one for the town and vise versa. Your life, wants and needs fulfilled makes my life, wants and needs likewise, we all scratch each others backs and wiggle and writhe in contentment. Its that simple. That and do you really trust a witch who don't even know her own name and that dashing Oix fellow to do a fair and good job without me to sort them out and keep their morals in test!

VOTE IN ~Drathe Blue~
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I cannot bring a nomination to my mind, at least anyone who'd accept it, and there's quite the lack of candidates at the moment. I'm going to nominate myself.

I don't have much to say about myself. Most know me as the Captain of the Town Guard, I take great precaution and care in my work so I hope that in the event of the majority vote, I could tie matters of security closer to the usual government tasks with the rest of the Council. I suppose what I'm offering is the unification of the Council and the Guard, having a guard officer in as a councilor. Hopefully this will make bringing things to the attention of the government easier than before.

~~ Guard Captain S'rrt K'shire

*another parchment is attached later on*

Maybe I was too hasty in my decision to nominate myself. I was simply afraid that the lack of nominees is going to become a problem. I'm not even sure whether the Captain could be a councilor. As such, I will retract, or rather decline, my nomination. My apologies for any ill feelings.

~ S'rrt
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I nominate S'rrt myself. He is clearly the best lizard for the job.

Roland
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

I would like to second Roland's nomination for S'rrt.

Sir Altrix Wulfgar
Aodh

Post by Aodh »

A grubby urchin tugs on a frayed rope as he peers curiously at the parchments. "Come on you, Mister said we gotta stick this up before you go back to the stables and I get me coins."

Robert Thwaite, you are a gentleman, I hope you will accept this nomination.

Aodh Equus
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

*Looks over all the parchments with a great laugh*

I find it very wrong to nominate the Captain of the Guard. That is simply to much power given to one person. However, thats just an opinion.

Another thing,
Let's try and pick someone a bit more... selfless? Perhaps more involved and caring for the Town. Why put someone in the position when they have talked badly of Bane? Just a thought...

Oh I almost forgot to throw in my own ridiculous nomination. I strongly support and nominate Slug'Gnar!

Leon Demelii
Robert_Thwaite

Post by Robert_Thwaite »

Robert walks past and looks through the parchments slowly.
As he reaches the final one he pauses and blinks slowly, taking a deep breath and allowing the words to sink into his mind.

He scratches his chin lightly with a look of contemplation in his eyes before finally pinning up a reply.
Dear Mister Equus,
I would be more than happy to accept your nomination.

I'm afraid i haven't prepared a beautiful and elegant speech like most, however, if you or anyone else would care to speak to me with regards to what i would like to offer to this town and its citizens i can be found usually outside the smithery or at the worms

Kindest Regards
Robert Thwaite
Robert rereads the reply he has written and slowly nods to himself before walking by with a light smile on his face and his chin held high
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

In regards to Mr. Demelii's concern, of course becoming councilor would mean S'rrt would have to forfeit the position of guard captain. That is the way it's been any other time such an instance has come about.

Sir Altrix Wulfgar.
Necral

Post by Necral »

Leon Demelii wrote:*Looks over all the parchments with a great laugh*

I find it very wrong to nominate the Captain of the Guard. That is simply to much power given to one person. However, thats just an opinion.

Another thing,
Let's try and pick someone a bit more... selfless? Perhaps more involved and caring for the Town. Why put someone in the position when they have talked badly of Bane? Just a thought...

Oh I almost forgot to throw in my own ridiculous nomination. I strongly support and nominate Slug'Gnar!

Leon Demelii
Mr Demelii,

Before you go insulting our captain, you may wish to consider this: if you haven't got anything productive to say, refrain from saying anything at all.

In S'rrt's defense, if he were nominated, theoretically, at least the town would have someone in the council who has first hand experience of what happens on a daily bases around the town. Someone who could have a say in matters that involve the town's security, whilst having the knowledge to back it up.

I see no reason for your negative reaction. This is not a nomination for governor, afterall. His nomination would neither be farce nor unjust. However, thats just an opinion.

I nominate S'rrt.

Respectfully,

~Iskar Necral
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

Mr Demelii,

Before you go insulting our captain, you may wish to consider this: if you haven't got anything productive to say, refrain from saying anything at all.

In S'rrt's defense, if he were nominated, theoretically, at least the town would have someone in the council who has first hand experience of what happens on a daily bases around the town. Someone who could have a say in matters that involve the town's security, whilst having the knowledge to back it up.

I see no reason for your negative reaction. This is not a nomination for governor, afterall. His nomination would neither be farce nor unjust. However, thats just an opinion.

I nominate S'rrt.

Respectfully,

~Iskar Necral
*Walks by the board and a parchment catches his eye. WIth a short laugh he takes out a feather and some ink.*
Iskar,
As you said "Sir" those are my opinions, such as yours. You don't need to see the reasoning in my opinion. Nor do I see any in yours. I have the choice to say what I want, just like you do. If someone doesn't like it, that is their choice.

If you wish to speak to me about what is "right and wrong" to say on this board, you are very welcome to my keep just outside of Bane. I am not going to start some ramble on this topic. Either come find me, or drop it.
IStepOnHer

Post by IStepOnHer »

I nominate the great Fatty Leon Demelii for council!

The Greatest, Glub'nar
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

IStepOnHer wrote:I nominate the great Fatty Leon Demelii for council!

The Greatest, Glub'nar

I second the nomination for Leon Demelii.
Roland Ross.
Garath

Post by Garath »

I voted for S'rrt on the previous council, and I will support him again, and last time it was not because of any loyalty to the guard captain and it isn't now. I'm only afraid that he is too straightforward in politics. Obviously he would have to step down as captain. Maybe Leon would like a try at it again, after such a good example, or maybe someone else can be found?

I have found that oxiana has a good grasp on the politics, and while S'rrt does too he has it on a more lower level with the guards and the common people. I do not see Kyre enough to make a statement there.

I am keeping an interest.

Greetings and regards,

Joram.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I'm very flattered by the nominations and the amount of support I'd be given for taking up the position but as I retracted my own nomination from before, I'm going to have to decline the further nominations

I didn't think it through before. Not only would it be too much power for one person as some have pointed out, it would also be rather straining. I'm not sure if my diligence would be enough for something like that. The most important reason for why I must decline the nomination is that I can not nor would not give up my position as the Captain. There simply aren't choices in that matter.

~ Guard Captain S'rrt K'shire
Garath

Post by Garath »

In that case, I might jus choose Drathe on the condition that he always insults the other councilors.
Garath

Post by Garath »

Garath wrote:In that case, I might jus choose Drathe on the condition that he always insults the other councilors. or in fact insults everyone.
not that I'd know a different candidate.
Last edited by Garath on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irania

Post by Irania »

Garath wrote:In that case, I might jus choose Drathe on the condition that he always insults the other councilors.
Luckily it isn't time for you to vote yet, Joram. Not only that but what a thing to say! Oxiana and Kyre are both very good people. Shame on you.

Irania Bel'Arus Beothach
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Ladies and gentlemen, are we really going to let noted male prostitute, Drathe Blue, walk away with this?

Or cause an unnecessary reshuffling of the guard?

Vote sanity, vote Fooser

Wait, what?

F
Garath

Post by Garath »

Irania wrote:
Garath wrote:In that case, I might jus choose Drathe on the condition that he always insults the other councilors.
Luckily it isn't time for you to vote yet, Joram. Not only that but what a thing to say! Oxiana and Kyre are both very good people. Shame on you.

Irania Bel'Arus Beothach

I know sarcasm doesn't carry well, my appologies. I was just hoping for more serious candidates, or at least others than Hew or Drathe. Any sugestions?

Leon is still out there in the suggestions?.

- Joram
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

Garath wrote: Leon is still out there in the suggestions?.
No, I do not accept any nominations.

Instead I would be very happy to see Robert Thwaite as the new councilor of Troll's Bane. So I would like to second the nomination.

I do however thank those who nominated me.

-Leon Demelii
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

*Shakes her head and sighs softly to herself as she reads all the nonsensicle writings.*

I strongly urge only those candidates seriously interested, or those people making a serious nomination, write anything on this board. This is a serious position and need for our town and the citizens have a right to know who is going to be taking it seriously. With all this chatter, it is difficult to know exactly what is going on.

I would also like to strongly urge the council to recognize Hew Keenaxe as a citizen of Troll's Bane as he has been requesting for many dwarven months.

Thank you,
~Uhuru~
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I know I wouldn't need to approve of Robert Thwaite's nomination any further but the man will without a doubt have my support.

I will refrain from having public opinions about the other candidates and I hope that the others would too. This board and its nominees should not be targeted with hate speech. Uhuru is right, the only purpose of this board should be to make nominations and either accept or decline those nominations so let us keep it that way.

~~ Guard Captain S'rrt K'shire
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A parchment in red suddenly appears, the writing is not neat as if written quickly and with anger. Some edges of the parchment are burned as if fire had been leaping close to it yet the words are still readible.

This is one councilor's vote against Hew Keenaxe for citizen of Trolls Bane. Not even taking into consideration his recent labor contract with the town of Trolls Bane as punishment for past crimes, nor his more recent ban for crimes in Varshikar, he frightened the wrong apprentice when he blocked her between him and two skeletons at the crypt.

Kyre
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Voting open

Valid nominations for a position on the Council of Troll's Bane are as follows:

Drathe Blue
Fooser
Robert Thwaite

Please select your chosen candidate and send your vote to Peppop Peteet ((Punktsuite))

Voting is now underway and will last a dwarven week ((closing 1st April))

Best of luck to all the candidates.
Oxi
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

I vote fooser for more mushrooms

Brer Beothach
Punktsuite

Post by Punktsuite »

*A small parchment with Peppops location is posted along with the rest.*
Punktsuite