Character Background

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

APassingStranger

Character Background

Post by APassingStranger »

These are my character backgrounds and descirptions for Souvod and his brother Gjouvon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Souvod-(He is skinny with faint scars covering his pale trembling body. His face is narrow the left side is covered with a star tattoo. His pale blond hair is unkempt.)

In the Norodaj clan Keisson those who are sterren (those possessing bright auras) have only two destinies. The first is the path of Sjamaan; the speaker of the gods, story teller, and healer of the sick. The second are the trials of Brand (a sacrifice to bring warmth).

Souvod was born exactly two years after his brother. It was fate said Sjamaan when Souvod was branded as a ster on his sixth birthday. For ten years Souvod was kept isolated from everyone but his Waker (a ster personal guard) and Sjamaan.

It was Souvod 16th birthday when Sjamaan came to set his destiny. This Sjamaan had spoken to the gods and reviewed the laws of the clan. So outside the ster's hut Sjamaan made clear the gods' plans. "Souvod our dear ster has been chosen for the trial of Brand." The crowd that had gathered cheered.

Souvod is lead through each trail by his Waker. The first trial Souvod skin is rubbed raw in the bathhouse. The second trail Souvod does his best to not make a face as whale oils are rubbed in. The third trial Souvod spends the night bound the pyre. The fourth trial at dawn he is lit on fire.

At dusk the embers are put out and Souvod is pulled from the ashes still alive. The people cheer for he is the first to complete this many of the trials for five generations. Sjamaan spends most of the night healing Souvod for the remaining trial. In the morning Souvod, nearly blind and deaf, and his brother the Waker are sent across the sea for the last trial.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Gjouvon-(He is tall and lean. His face is shows many lines and beard is neatly trimmed. His brown hair is cut short.)

In the Norodaj clan Keisson it is a family's responsibility to provide a waker or a personal guard of a Ster (those possessing bright auras). A waker's responsibilities included three things to kill the Ster if it tried to run away; to protect the Ster from the villagers and other threats; and to watch the Ster.

On his eighth birthday Gjouvon was selected to be his brother's waker. It was fate said Sjamaan. And for the next ten years Gjouvon was trained as a waker.

On Gjouvon's 18th birthday he led the Ster by rope to the bathhouse. He watched as the Ster's skin was rubbed raw and then coated by oil. Gjouvon is the one tie the Ster to pyre and the one who spends the night next to it. Gjouvon watches as the Ster is lit and then he watches until the embers are put out. Gjouvon is the one who pulls out the Ster from the ashes and the one who stays beside Sjamaan as the Ster is healed.

It is Gjouvon who loads the boat with food and his brother. It is him who steers the boat away from his home.
APassingStranger

Re: Character Background

-OUT OF CONTEXT-
I didn't want to make a new topic so I'll ask here.
Is there a way to change controls?
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Not quite sure what controls you mean but the wiki may help http://illarion.org/community/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
APassingStranger

I would like to be able to toggle chat, use wasd to move, turn off mid mouse button, leftmouse for current midmouse functionality. Be able to use F1 for quick text and 1-10 for quick text insertions without the chat box open.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

No way to change control AFAIK.
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

I agree with Karl, pretty sure you can't change controls. Perhaps you can post VBU? And as for the backrgounds, they are.. different, I guess. Not bad. But I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to have two characters that know eachother personally, and it looks like they would.

From the Rules page: "One's characters also can't know each other and cannot be related. It is not allowed at any time to log in with two characters at the same time."
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

To expand on that, this is game rules:
In general it is not allowed that two characters of one player support each other. Therefore it is forbidden to exchange items between characters, also not by using middlemen, and that they share knowledge. One's characters also can't know each other and cannot be related. It is not allowed at any time to log in with two characters at the same time.

Two characters of the same player are not allowed to be member of the same guild. Two characters of a player must not be members of groups that handicap or affect each other directly. This is needed to avoid conflicts of interest.
APassingStranger

Well I wish I knew someone who could be the brother then.

So another quick question could the lore fit into illarion?

--OUT OF CONTEXT--
Are there no 2handed swords/axes?
Zak

Post by Zak »

APassingStranger wrote:--OUT OF CONTEXT--
Are there no 2handed swords/axes?
There are, they are rarely used though because of the slow attack speed, I guess.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

there are 2 twohandswords and 4 twohand axes as i know, may be more .... they are not often used as said before
Last edited by GolfLima on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

You can post a thread on the forums somewhere asking if anyone wants to do a character collab. I did that once some time ago in the Off Topic, and some great RP came from it. :P