Age Conversion

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Regallo

Age Conversion

Post by Regallo »

How do the years between races line up.

What is the human 16 year old equivalent in orc, elf, fairy, lizard man, dwarf and gnome years?
Achae Eanstray

Re: Age Conversion

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I have always thought an elf at 180 was equivalent to 16 year old human due to the start of their exploration and travel but it seems I read one thread this was not the case, so now unsure on that also.
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

I've been wondering the same thing, so many people with different answers when asked. Anyone know the facts if there even are any?
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Age doesn't matter in Illa, everyone may as well be a 16 year old.
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

Just go by whatever you think is right. Personally I think halflings reach maturity at 30, elves.. it doesn't really matter. They're older than pretty much everyone anyways, dwarves under 60 I consider still young, Orcs probably reach maturity slightly after humans do, lizards later than that. *shrugs*

edit: There's not much point in knowing this for Gnomes and Fairies, as you cannot play as them any longer.
Agrimur Farenson

Post by Agrimur Farenson »

I am not sure on that either but I always thought elvish people aged one tenth as fast as humans, meaning at 180 years they'd be 18 human years old. Every 1000 years or so they lose the memory of what was 1000 years back, so they have to constantly keep learning... Or something like that...

I think Djironnyma explained it one time to me and far better than I do ^^.
Just play Norodaj, it's simpler with us! :D
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

they dont lose their complete memomry all thousend yeas - but they can rarly remeber things which are more than 1000 years ago, even the mind of an elf have borders.

the body of a elf is adult between 160 and 200 years but he count as adult after his Navro'anai (a long travel to gain experiance). This Navro'anai he can do very late if he is 300 or 500 even, then he will still not count at full adult until he comes back.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Most people play it as an elf of over 180 as 'adults', I have no idea what this Navro'anai is however. Its not any sort of cannon information you'll find in the actual elven lore so those who want to use such coming of 'age' concepts feel free, you could even make up your own. The adult age could vary from culture to culture (even elves and lizards don't have to have the same singular culture over an entire planet). Maybe it might b more interesting to know have specific ages where a character is full grown and leave that up to a character specific background. This doesn't mean everyone may accept your character as an adult but that itself could be a benefit toward some good RP.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

Djironnyma wrote: cunt
:shock: :shock:
Funny typo :P

---------------------------------------------------------

So theres no actual facts about this then?
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

ups -.-
Athian

Post by Athian »

I stand corrected :D that's what i get for looking in the wiki and not the homepage. it's good to know that elves reach 'majority' at the age of 180. Those pages are in need of some updating and typo correct^^. That stands as a good measurement of age for an elf all the same, as many real life cultures have coming of age ceremonies which play such a role as well.

Humans got the most cultural 'love' lore wise and are easy to understand (we're human's after all) the rest of the races got somethings a lot more narrow. Humans are followed but not closely by elves, halfing's, lizards, dwarves and orc's. One day the lore will get a nice comb through and update i'm sure but until then players should use what information they can find as guidelines only. Illarion is a big wide world world with lots of peoples and places (most of which aren't even named for other races) so even things like 'adult' age might vary from place to place, within a certain measure of reason. So when players run into these 'detail' type questions they should feel free to come up with something interesting and not rely on pages of text written since Illa alpha (it was a much smaller envisioned world back then then now)
Agrimur Farenson

Post by Agrimur Farenson »

Djironnyma wrote:they dont lose their complete memomry all thousend yeas - but they can rarly remeber things which are more than 1000 years ago, even the mind of an elf have borders.
Gah... tha's wha' I mean'! Stupi' pointy-ears! :D
No, no kidding: I could never ever play "good", meaning well played, elf. It is far too complex and takes too much thinking in other measures than human ones. I had no trouble being a fairy, but even my mind has borders ^^. 8)
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

player_lookat.lua (or similar) contains a list of age conversion. Any developer with script repository access is able to copy&paste this list here if asked nicely ;-). Please note that the postVBU (testserver) list is the most recent one.
Regallo

Post by Regallo »

Can someone at least pm me that conversion list or just post it in this thread if viable.
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

~ Seriously, with just a handful of common sense is this not simple math?

Age Limits:

Human 80, so...

Dwarf 300 x .27
Halfling 130 x .61
Elf 6000 x .013
Orc 120 x .67
Lizard 700 x .11

Whatever race you are just multiply the number shown...

ex. 2,500 year old elf (2,500 x .013 = 32.5 human years)
ex. 135 year old dwarf (135 x .27 = 36.5 human years)
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

I know a bunch of people that live past 80.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

age limits means not you die with that age, just that you cant create a older char

except of this such a calculate may give you a orientation for "normal mortal" races but not for elfes since they does not age in any way. you could also calclate if elf is with ~180 adult (what is ahuman with 18) it would mean he is with 300 like an 30 year old human and with 2300 years like a 230 year old human ... uhm - yes ;)
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

Umm, my conversion is golden...

Firstly, u may know people who live past 80 but i'm using Illarions age limit for every race, which is what were playing. A lizard may live to 800 years not 700 but i'll never know until i meet one. I don't know any elves or orcs in RL either so this is all we have to go by.

Secondly, an elf doesn't age? So I assume they come from the womb at over 6' tall? Also I understand what your sayin Dji but if your saying that age doesnt convert with an elf due to their physical aging than why convert it at all? A 2300 year old elf, is like a 2300 year old human. Why convert to 230 if conversion isn't applicable?

Its a newbie asking a simple question and you all have responded a dozen times with anything but a conversion. According to the age limits set by Illarion the game this is how it converts....

P.S > who gives a shit anyways, get IG and play your char at the age that seems fitting for them...
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

The point is the body of an elf doesnt age (after hes adult indeed) you will never see a senior-elf with grey hair and a wrinkle skin.

followe your "golden" conversion would mean a 180 year old elf (who is adult!) would be 2,34 "Human years" - yeah very golden conversion ;)

as i sayed such conversion can give you for other races a orientation, but that doesnt work vor elfs at all. If you want play an elf who is like a 30 year old human you can choise the age of 300, of 3000 or (nearlx) anything else what is a bit ofer 180. Since it make no difference for his body and you have to decide for your self how much experiance he got in his life, how "old" his mind is / how "old" he act. anyway the example with 230 year old human was made to show that it doesnt work with elfs ;)