Musings of Hollister il'Mora

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Devereux

Musings of Hollister il'Mora

Post by Devereux »

((I plan on updating this quite a bit. Feel free to drop by and take a gander.))
((**Border is also property of those at WorldOfTur**))

I, Hollister il'Mora have begun recording my thoughts and putting them in writing.

To start it out though, I think I will write a little bit about each of my ancestors..
I have traced the il'Mora roots back quite a bit and have found some things.

[1: Lord Cedriik il'Mora & Lady Duinyth il'Mora]
Image Image

[2: Kenneth il'Mora, Veriis il'Mora, & Dwyndolyn il'Mora]
Image Image Image

[3: Chalisse il'Mora - WIFE OF KENNETH - NO CHILDREN]

[4: Deja il'Mora - WIFE OF VERIIS] [Marcke il'Mora - SON OF VERIIS AND DEJA]
Image Image

[5: Selenius il'Mora - DAUGHTER OF DWYNDOLYN]

[6: Alisson il'Mora - WIFE OF MARCKE]

[7: Hollister il'Mora - SON OF MARCKE AND ALISSON]

If you are able to follow that, they will be the steps I will be going on. Telling the stories of each.
*The man then stuffs the book back into his bag and pulls out rolls of parchment and charcoal and begins writing*
Devereux

Re: Musings of Hollister il'Mora

Post by Devereux »

[LORD CEDRIIK IL'MORA]
Not much is known about Lord Cedriik il'Mora's origins other than that he was from Albar many years ago. A sell-sword with an appetite for coin, new things, and women. It was common knowledge that Cedriik bedded many women, however the only documented children he had were with his late wife Lady Duinyth il'Mora who were named Kenneth, Veriis, and Dwyndolyn.

A story that first spread wings for the il'Mora name and began making it more known throughout the countryside was one of deceit and death. Cedriik took on a job with two other men and a woman. Their names were Boris, Alessandria, and Alex. I did some digging and found a portrait of each:
Image Image Image

Boris had set up a deal with Cedriik, Alessandria, and Alex to rob a merchant's caravan heading between cities carrying a large crate full of gems and other jewelery that would be worth a lot of coin when sold. They all had accepted to split the pot four ways, each person taking an equal portion of the goods and leaving happy.

When they had tracked the caravan down, there was more security than they had planned. Strong willed they all rushed in and eventually took control of the caravan, though Alessandria was struck and fatally wounded in the siege. As they were loading their loot onto their horses an Albarian patrol stumbled upon them and began to attack. Cedriik and Alex made a deal with Boris to escape with their plunder and protect it, while he fled in the opposite direction.

Their chosen hiding-place was a small cave that they'd scouted out days before. Cedriik and Alex hid the plunder, but before they could return Cedriik murdered Alex in cold blood. Now they would only have to split the pot two ways, if he ever saw Boris again. Months passed, Cedriik had pocketed every bit of coin from the raid and came out a rich, happy man. Though rumors spread througout the countryside soon after of his deceit, and he became known as Lord Cedriik the Trickster. More than likely spread by Boris, coming to realize his deeds.

He met his late wife Lady Duinyth in one of the taverns in Albar. She was singing, playing her harp, and entertaining the tavern goers. When she was done with her performance Cedriik wooed her, and this began a fruitful relationship that after a year turned into marriage. Together they had three children, Kenneth, Veriis, and Dwyndolyn. (Whose stories will be told later.)

It was a good marriage right up until the end, when Cedriik's throat was cut in his sleep by his own wife Duinyth, who afterwards took her own life.

Their children outlived them both.
Devereux

Post by Devereux »

[KENNETH IL'MORA]
Kenneth is the first-born son of Cedriik and Duinyth. He was the son his father was disappointed in, and who his mother had loved the most. His father told him that a man's blade and his skill with it told the world about the man. Kenneth was no swordsman. His mind was more in tune with the arcane and the world around him. He was extremely intelligent, and displayed signs of magical ability from birth. His mother comforted him that no matter what his father said Kenneth could be a great man, to stay pure of heart and use his abilities for the good of others rather than selfish gains. He held that to heart for a while.

Kenneth attended a magic academy on the mainland, and was taught by an Elf named Thynassereus Thoradox, depicted below:
"Arch-Mage Thynassereus Thoradox"

Kenneth stuck to his teachings, and eventually moved on to his very own research. This is how he met his wife, Chalisse, but also how he lost everything in the end. Chalisse was a student at the very same academy, though somewhat younger than Kenneth was. She watched him spend hours upon hours upon days and nights, endlessly researching. His mind was never satisfied, he had to know everything he could. There was nothing that was left unturned. Necromancy and the darker sided magics were what he studied the most, and truth be known, he was quite the skilled practitioner.

They married soon after meeting, but Kenneth died before children could be brought into the picture.

His mind began to fade and his body wither from the darkness he had subjected himself to, and eventually he became too feeble and collapsed. Dead in his chair during his research.

Duinyth blamed Cedriik for the way Kenneth's mind was leant towards in life. Truth be known, Cedriik was hurt by these words even if he didn't show it.

Kenneth's relationship with his brother and his sister were almost non-existent as he had left Albar to attend the magic academy and never once looked back. He never sent a dove, or any kind of word mentioning if he was still alive, dead, how he was doing, or what. He simply vanished from sight, until his death. His wife Chalisse whom had never even met the others brought his body back to Albar where he was buried alongside Cedriik and Duinyth.
Devereux

Post by Devereux »

[VERIIS IL'MORA]
Veriis left Albar and moved to the city of Salkamar where he found faith in the God Malachin and became a Paladin under his blessings. Veriis was taught by a swordsman named Rulfaeus Calus. Rulfaeus was a battle-hardened war veteran with a knack for turning skinny scrawny wannabe's into large, lean killing machines.
"Rulfaeus Calus"

With the teachings and training of Rulfaeus in his belt and Malachin's blessings on his side Veriis wandered the countryside preachings the words and blessings of Malachin while striking down the undead and foul that walked the land. He eventually met up with another Paladin of Malachin by the name of Hermes Clint. The two shared similar views on the world and ridding it of the walking dead and filth that scourged it. They began traveling together:
"Hermes Clint"

The two wandered together, performing deeds in the name of Malachin as they went and spreading his teachings to the people. He came to be well-known for this. In some places as a good, righteous man, and in others a boisterous God-loving loony. Irregardless, the name il'Mora was more or less brought back to light by his actions.

Hermes received word of a lich hold up in an abandoned cave, he told Veriis immediately. They both accepted the task in the name of Malachin and set off for the cave. When they reached it, skeletons littered the ground before it. They both knelt down and offered a blessing to the dead and ventured forth into the cave. They purged each level of the cave of the walking dead filth that plagued it, until they reached the last level. Inside were floating, glowing orbs illuminating the cave walls around them. Lights, magical ones put there by the lich they had both known.

A terrible rasp erupted from the chamber nearest them, a voice.
"You have come here.. to erase me from existence.. this I know.. only, you won't be leaving. I will have your souls."

They proceeded into the chamber where the lich awaited. The stench of evil hung in the air and a long battle began. The Paladins fought bravely. Though the lich was strong, and possessed a rather dark ability.. the wooden staff he held in his hands drained the essence and will of those it chose to use the weapon on. Hermes became weak, and eventually refused to go on. As he lay helpless the lich plunged a dagger into his heart, and he died instantly.

Veriis became weak, but his faith in Malachin was too strong to be broken and as much as he wanted to just lay down and die he couldn't. He could barely crawl, but he began to anyway.. he could feel the lich behind him inching closer, teasing him, poking at his death. Until he felt a sharp sting, a coldness, then a rushing hotness. He yelled in pain as the lich's dagger pierced his back. He continued crawling on, the lich's words ringing in his ears as he continued on and out of the cave, bleeding.

"You will die soon.. and you and your friend will meet eachother.. in Cherga's realm.."

Veriis crawled out of the cave and far enough onto the dirt path where he was found by passers-by not too long after. Though when they reached Salkamar with him, he'd died long before.

Veriis met Deja in one of his many adventures over the countryside in service to Malachin. He was preaching the words of Malachin to a group of young hunters and warriors, Deja's youngest brother was there. She agreed with Malachin's teachings, and thought Veriis was rather dashing and forced herself upon him. What was he to do, deny that? Not long after they were married and soon after Marcke il'Mora was born.

Veriis was not alive for the birth of his son Marcke, as the events that lead to his death happened in the short months after his parents' marriage and his conception. Marcke grew up with only stories of his father that his mother told to him, and of the ones others knew of him.
Devereux

Post by Devereux »

[DWYNDOLYN IL'MORA]
Dwyndolyn too was swayed by the pull of the Gods and began worshipping the Goddess of Earth, Ushara. She was influenced by the teachings of the High Priestess Serani. She taught her students that to keep the soul pure, one must enter into a vow of celibacy. In dying, the pure one's soul mingles with the soul of the Earth and new, natural life is born in your place in the form of animals, plantlife, and those such things.

"High Pirestess Serani"

Dwyndolyn accepted these beliefs and lead her life accordingly. Until she traveled to Gynk where things took a different change. She was wooed by a thief, sly, cunning, and handsome. As quickly as she knew it she'd been bedded and left, with only a tip of his hat to thank her. This is how her only child Selenius was born. Dwyndolyn went into hiding during her pregnancy and kept it a secret all the way through. When Selenius was born Dwyndolyn gave her to a good friend who helped raise her during her early years.

When the child grew to be ten years old she was given up for adoption, (by will of Dwyndolyn) and adopted by Dwyndolyn soon after. She took her into the Temple to become a priestess and continue on her teachings.

Dwyndolyn stays in the Temple near Albar.
Selenius comes and goes.
Devereux

Post by Devereux »

[CHALISSE IL'MORA]
Chalisse was born and raised as a nobleman's daughter in Salkamar. When she came of age she was sent to the magic academy to learn magic after showing natural signs of it from birth. She was most interesting in healing and light magics, wanting to help cure people of ailments magically, and offer her services as a medico when her magic was of no use. She was a happy, thriving girl who seemed to delight in the helping of others. She was beautiful and often received many glances from the lads.

It was not long after beginning her studies that she began to show interest in Kenneth il'Mora. He was strong looking, but quiet and most of the time kept to himself. She knew, researching. She often offered to make him food and drink while he researched and he always obliged. It was not long after a relationship formed and they were married.

It was not long after this though, that Kenneth's body could take no more of the darkness he had subjected his mind and body to for so long. He died, and she did not have any children. That line of the il'Mora name ended with Kenneth.

Chalisse knew of his brother and sister, but had never met them and she returned Kenneth's body to them. They spoke briefly, shared a few tears, and Chalisse went on her way. Not much was heard of from her for many long years, but towards the end of her life she began sending letters.

"Chalisse il'Mora in her later years"
Devereux

Post by Devereux »

[DEJA IL'MORA]
Deja il'Mora, my grandmother, was said to have been a sassy lass. She is said to have wielded a blade as sharp as her tongue and would've done Lord Cedriik il'Mora proud. She was the leader of a band of bandits who called themselves the Serpent Women. They would attack caravans, travelers, just about anybody to obtain whatever it was they had. The il'Mora name was looked good upon after the deeds Veriis had performed, but my grandmother is said to have been the one to change everyone's mind on our name.

When she met Veriis and began listening to his teachings, it made her want to give up her life of banditry and lead a more righteous one in the eyes of Malachin. She rather liked the things he spoke of, how he taught them, and he was devilishly handsome. Or so that's what all of my grandmother's journals had written. She made the first move on Veriis and their relationship began after. Soon after they were married, and sooner after that, Marcke il'Mora was born.

Marcke was born quite early to have been Veriis' legitimate child however it came to be accepted as such and Marcke was raised as his own. My father, Marcke.

The marriage was a good one until Veriis' untimely demise at the hands of a beastly lich. My grandmother Deja took her own life a year after this occurred.

I did a little searching, and the man who may be Marcke's father is called Dorik Drothgar, pictured below:
"Dorik Drothgar"
Devereux

Post by Devereux »

[MARCKE IL'MORA]
My father Marcke joined the legion when he was young. He spent his time learning the ways of the blade, tactics, and strategy. He was a fine young legionnaire and a ferocious fighter. He lead raids against the Gynkeesh, against rogue Orc and Goblin clans and helped defend the lands of Salkamaeria. Not many ill-words could be spoken of Marcke, and if any went around they'd most likely have been falsely started.

Marcke eventually grew to the rank of Legate in the legion, and commanded a small platoon of five men who were highly trained in many weapons of war, stealth, tactics, and strategy. They were called the Redmark, and in their paths they laid waste to the enemies of the legion and of Salkamaeria. He was a proud patriot and served until his dying breath at the hands of an Orcen warlord in a skirmish between the Redmark and their Orcen patrol party.

When we received the news my mother and I were devastated. My mother took it especially hard, and consumed with grief took the same path as my grandmother had done years before and took her own life leaving me on my own. I was fourteen years old.

Marcke was a good man, and treated my mother Alisson like a queen. He brought honor back to the il'Mora name and when he died it lived on in the stories some still tell and the ones that I'll pass on.

"Alisson waiting on Marcke's dove"