The East Armament Of Gobaith

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sir Gnar

The East Armament Of Gobaith

Post by Sir Gnar »

- A small group gathers just outside the dwelling currently known as Kalahorn the orc known as Slug' Gnar takes to the front of the group.

"Fore tooh long weh hab squatted on this land known as Kalahorn while the dwelling before us remains vacant and more run down by every owner it has seen. It beh time now that weh take it fore ourselves, tah provide sheltah to ourselves and odurs who would consider themselves ally or friend. Here weh beh able tah work, live, an grant refuge an supplies tah travelers to dah east. This day weh take, but someday weh will beh able tah give back more than weh hab taken."

- After he finishes speaking with the group, the orc is seen dictating to a human who condenses his endless ramblings onto a single aged parchment.
Last edited by Sir Gnar on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Gnar

Notice is given

Post by Sir Gnar »

~ Let it be known that that on this day, the 12th of Irmas, to the inhabitants, and visitors of Gobaith that the dwelling formerly known as Kalahorn shall now be named 'The East Armament Of Gobaith' and shall be known as a supply & trading house to offer supplies, shelter, and other commodities. Should the previous owner who neglected this dwelling return and wish to make claim within one dwarven week, suitable compensation will be provided. The order by which this is written is non negotiable. The property has been seized by long time squatter of this land, Slug' Gnar and furthermore backed by able hands. Should you seek compensation, do your best to send word within the dwarven week otherwise consider the dwelling surrendered for a worthy cause..

x Slug' Gnar
Oxi

Re: The East Armament Of Gobaith

Post by Oxi »

Eastmark and Kallahorn remain as territories of Troll's Bane. Troll's Bane retains the right to repossess any land or buildings that have been abandoned or neglected. If you have an interest in the ownership of Kallahorn kindly contact me and we can discuss these matters. Otherwise this will be considered an illegal posession and would make any future approval of a legal purchase unlikely.

Regards
Oxi
On behalf of the Government of Troll's Bane
Athian

Post by Athian »

There is no such thing as an illegal possession of lands outside of the territory of a cities walls. Any city or person may say they claim a portion of land anywhere on the isle but unless they are able to defend or occupy the claim then there words are nothing but words in fact. Undefended and or unpopulated territories and structures technically can be claimed by any passerby. There are no laws of divine entitlement to external properties, if you choose not to defend or occupy your land then there is nothing 'illegal' about others taking it over, it's simply a territory dispute. This essentially holds true of any land owned by any organizations or townships, though of all cities current Trollsbane is the furthest reaching in it's claims of 'ownership'.

Happening by
Athian
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Athian, unless there has been a sudden and private change of hands you are not the one who paid for ownership of Kallahorn. I am sure the owner of the building in question would expect the Government of Troll's Bane to query this occupation in their absence as the property has been listed under the protection of Bane for sometime now and this is situation under which they made their purchase. I simply wish for dialogue and a respectful enquiry to be made of the purchasers use of their property rather than occupation without permission of the current owner.

If there are other issues concerning Bane you wish to discuss please do raise them at the smithy.
Oxi
Athian

Post by Athian »

I will send you a personal address shortly.

Athian
Irania

Post by Irania »

Athian,

Why do you always have to open your mouth when you live so far from Bane? Honestly it's as bad as when Ron does it. Our town needs someone to keep things in order until the government issued have been settles and the people trust Oxiana. Why should we just let some orc, a member of an infamous clan who have themselves attacked and broken our town rules just do whatever they want with our resources?

Irania
Athian

Post by Athian »

Are you sure Slug'nar is a part of that clan? He's never been listed amongst there ranks. who knows, maybe i'm one of those able hands who supports this matter on Slug's side, and maybe i'm not, never can tell.

Athian
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I belive and correct me if I am wrong no other settlement has ever accepted Troll's Bane's newest occupation of land in any treaty. Therefore from the perspective of all other settlement, that orc may claim this lands if he wishes to. In addition I want to point out no citizen of Gobaith has to obey Troll's Bane's law on these land. It was a unheard-of presumptuous by Troll's Bane to claim that amount of land anyway. With a guard consisting of five people... ridiculous.

Go East Armament Of Gobaith! Go!

Signed
~Ferin Dwarvenblood
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

- Removing his helmet as he approaches the gate, the orc quickly catches sight of several parchments where he had just a day earlier posted his own. Hurrying to the gate he eagerly begins to read the writings that follow his own. He begins to nod in a pleased manner as he finds encouragement in some of the responses and sighing as he comes across those who would oppose. Kneeling before the gate and unstrapping his leather sack, he shuffles around for a bit before finally pulling from it a quill.

~ Beh greeted tah those who have passed through dah east lands. Them who speak of support have muh appreciation at dah least. Them who speak against dah East Armament in its becoming are welcome tah speak with meh at any time tah resolve issues of this matter. Howevah i will try now an here tah resolve this. It beh simply this, Slug has claimed citzenship ob Bane long ago, is no murderer as was nearly suggested an there is no one on this land who can do more than rumor such uh thing. Furthermore, Slug has placed dah high bid on every dwelling that has come tah auction under the so called control of Trolls Bane in dah past two dwarven years only tah have him bids ignored an dah property given to a lower bidder causing further delays in dah progress toward an adequate trading house an armory. Being that said, Slug has attempted by all dah rules an laws yoohs hab set forth tah acquire property an still him beh denied. This dwelling Slug has sought fore long time has been abandoned an rundown tooh long. Slug now offers fair price to dah rightful ownah if one can make such claim. Either way yoohs want it, considah dah dwelling occupied an defended under the order of 'The East Armament Of Gobaith'. Should any need clarity ob muh words or sincerity feel free tah speak or if so stubborn, draw your weapon of choice at muh gate...

x Slug' Gnar
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

There is a parchment embedded with an arrow in an apple tree near the back of the building close to the river.

Slug,
I don't know why you want that rickety old building but let me know if you ever need an archer.

The parchment is simply signed with a J
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Slug,

I confess I do not know of your past applications for citizenship or why your bids for property have been ignored, perhaps we can meet and discuss both. As you may have seen from notices in Bane I am currently compiling an updated list of citizens but have not received any application from yourself. Obviously you would need to meet the requirements made of all citizens but if you were prepared to renounce certain events in the past and swear allegiance to Bane as a member of no other community I see no reason why citizenship should be repeatedly denied. Please contact me in Bane if you wish to pursue this.

Regards
Oxi
Olive

Post by Olive »

*a note is attached at the bottom by an unseen entity that vanishes from existance as soon as its task is completed*

Slug, do not back down to those that consider themselves the power brokers of the island.
unsigned
Skull'Fed

Post by Skull'Fed »

Meh do not mind brudha Slug taking ovah old building, guud to gib stuff meaning. Brudha ib yoo ebur need crafta jus send mes dove.
Also...where beh our gobernor? How yoo expect people to follows yoos "laws" when meh nubba see town officials anywhere?

~Skull'Fed
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Slug had wrongly assumed that being a member of Northbridge meant automatic citizenship in Troll's Bane and that is not the case. He made no further attempt to reconcile that issue.

F