How to Magical Gems

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kyre

How to Magical Gems

Post by Kyre »

This has been explained to me...more then once :lol: , however I thought if on the forum rather then msn when also in game or doing something else, it would help.

1. I THINK I understand levels, i.e. one magical stone is not a level... three is a level. The limited is 9 magical stones?

2.How are these combined, by three's or if you have more, all together (I understand have to find the appropriate altar)?

3. What exactly the are effects when combined with certain things and where to get the stones? The books in game are so general it is difficult to figure this out.

4. Will this change with the VBU?
Estralis Seborian

Re: How to Magical Gems

Post by Estralis Seborian »

1. Magical gems have "levels" from 0-9. Nine is a theoretical limit, you will never see a level 9 gem ingame unless GM created
2. Gems of the same kind and same level can be combined to one gem of a higher level at an altar of the five
3. There is an ingame book about the use of magical gems. Check out your local library. Gems are currently obtained from monster drops
4. Yes. martin might want to comment on this

I hope this helps ;-).
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Estralis Seborian wrote:1. Magical gems have "levels" from 0-9. Nine is a theoretical limit, you will never see a level 9 gem ingame unless GM created

Three stones to a level which are combined at an altar? I know single stones can be put in an object and don't need an altar.

2. Gems of the same kind and same level can be combined to one gem of a higher level at an altar of the five

So if I have 6 stones, I can combine three then three more then combine both of those? Three stones are a level 1, and if I combine three stones to add to that, that is considered a level 2?

3. There is an ingame book about the use of magical gems. Check out your local library. Gems are currently obtained from monster drops

I don't know about the german version, have read the in game book multiple times and it is just too general to be helpful. I also understand you can combine different stones in some objects for different effects?

4. Yes. martin might want to comment on this

I hope this helps ;-).
Thanks Estralis, somewhat but some things are still a little confusing to me.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Agreed, the book is a bit vague in some places. the ones i've found that people never understood are

Ruby + weapons
"increases the natural charging power of the weapon"

this is either a bad translation or purposely ambiguous, it is one of the lesser known gemstones for people so not many have experimented with it to find out how it works.

Topas + weapons
"sharpens the blade, causing more damage"

The way this is worded has caused people to think that effects only slashing weapons when it actually effects ever weapon no matter the type.

Bluestone + trinket
"Increases the resistance of the bearer"

Most people conclude this means magical resistance when they first read it rather then Stamina of constitution, it could use rewording

There are a few more like this but i can't think of them off the top of my head.

Also just for fun since we'll never see them what are all the stones called? We know "Latent>Limited>Slight" but i don't think anyone has ever gone beyond these
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

Athian wrote:Also just for fun since we'll never see them what are all the stones called? We know "Latent>Limited>Slight" but i don't think anyone has ever gone beyond these
"latent ", "bedingt ", "leicht ", "mäßig ", "", "bemerkenswert ", "stark ", "sehr stark ", "unglaublich ", "einzigartig "
"latent ", "limited ", "slight ", "moderate ", "", "notable ", "strong ", "very strong ", "unbelievable ", "unique "
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

someone should translate Athians answer ..... may be i do it in the next days (when finding enough time therefore)

:arrow: i often miss translations into the "old language", --> this would help a lot :wink:

~GolfLima
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

This is great information and covers a lot I wasn't aware of, thanks everyone!