So, you want to be a bad guy?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Achae Eanstray

So, you want to be a bad guy?

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Introducing the thieving "guild"! This will be a combination in game and chat workshop on best techniques to earn if not the most coin, at least the most fun for everyone, victim and thief alike with the roleplay. :D

This workshop is by sign-up only and minimum needed is four for it to be effective. If interested, sign up here or by PM using preferable a char unknown and/or with no skills you wouldn't mind loosing because a visit to the cross is possible. The players of this "guild" will not only learn good techniques for thieving, running away, trickery, attacking and mayhem but will also support each other in discussing afterwards what would have been best at the time (it's always easier to decide after the fact what should have been done isn't it? ) . "Victims" will also be invited to come to the chat in a cooperative effort for all involved.

If enough join, the first "job" will be a robbery.

(( it would help if new and older players join to give a good mix of experience along with new ideas))
Achae Eanstray

Re: So, you want to be a bad guy?

Post by Achae Eanstray »

We now need just three more. Am not quite sure how long this workshop will be i.e. the number of them, depends on the interest. I would like to try time-wise to accomodate all that join however so let me know when join best times to meet.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Two more to join, no experience necessary! :wink:
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

A third has signed up, will try to meet in chat later today. Is about 8P CST on the CM board good for all, if not let me know. (To give an idea of time comparison, this message was written at 3:44A CST).
Achae
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

This sounds like a really nice idea to promote co-operation, especially the part where the "victim" is also invited for feedback afterwards.
Aeeriss

Post by Aeeriss »

This is a brilliant idea and I would love to take part! I've been playing a bad guy for years, and I would like to see more of us!
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Now we have four, others are still welcome to join however. First meet to discuss plans, procedures and general ideas will be 8P CST today. This message is being posted 10:50A CST to give you an idea of time difference.
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

Central standard time/central time zone?
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Next "meeting" ic Thursday possibly Friday also, anyone object to 7PM CST instead? PM me your availability.
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

I am good EXCEPT for Friday and Saturday, xD. I can possibly make it on those days, but take it with multiple grains of salt.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Plan again tomorrow (Friday)8P CST meet again at the same place for those that couldn't come today.
themonk

Post by themonk »

Awesome! My character Has robbed two charaters in 10minues by getting them off gaurd for a second to tie there hands with rope, examine them first for stuff in there hands. They will drop them, quickly push the charater away and grab and run. there should be a Thieves guild, you dont need to kill charters to obtain there stuff. HONOUR AMONGST THIEVES :)
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

The workshop is for "thieves" but also for "victims" in order to make the roleplay fun for all concerned. It is temporarily on hold for now however, but will be happy to contact you when it starts again.
Achae
Aeeriss

Post by Aeeriss »

Only Achae and myself have done anything IG for this workshop so far, and we have done nothing like you suggested. What you have described is against the rules, and our intention was to teach players how to roleplay a thief/evil character within the rules of the game. However, little interest has been shown, which has unfortunatly put the workshop on hold.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I doubt that he was, from what I've read themonk abused the engine and took success for his emotes for granted, carrying on. It didn't look like he had gotten "training" on how to RP a character like that. He was corrected on some things during gameplay. It wasn't trolling, just a bit of ignorance which is not a bad thing.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

The workshop was developed to help players who wish to play a "bad" guy using emotes and engine skills that caused the most fun for all players concerned. Using the excuse "because the engine allows it" and not concerned about the roleplay has been the shortcoming previously with those chars that liked to play the "bad" or evil role. With victim feedback in chat, the workshop was to encourage a learning experience for all. As PO Aeris mentioned, there were so few involved and showing interest at the time, it was placed on hold for now. Only ones that were involved with a certain halfling named Pipkin (mine) were in the workshop. I will be happy to hold another if enough chars show an interest at a later date.
Achae

PS If you have questions concerning your actions as the player of a "bad" char contact a CM or a GM to ask but it is also a good idea to get feedback from your "victims" on the roleplay as a whole.
themonk

Post by themonk »

Im putting my thief on hold for ahwile as i simply dont understand how to roleplay a badguy yet, Its so much easier to play my lizard character because i portray my own personality onto Gurk so i rearly upset other players as gurk is a good guy.

Its a shame there isnt more thieves around makes the game exciting, if i cant play one well hopefully theres someone who can.

If everyones a goodguy its just going to get boring.