Town Guard of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Joxia Doral

Re: Town Guard of Troll's Bane

Post by Joxia Doral »

Just to let everyone know, it was Asliendor helping Elijah to attack Slug'nar.

~*~Joxia~*~
Sirith-Rym

Post by Sirith-Rym »

I wasn't attacking anyone. I was there to make a trade before Elijah showed up. But feel free to believe whatever you wish.

~Asliendor
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Someone has lit a large amount of flames near the Smithy. I dont know if they are real or not yet.

~*~Joxia~*~
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

A large parchment now hangs over the jail wall, with a smaller one attached. The smaller one seems to have the same handwriting, though it seems to be purely sarcastic in nature. The quotes throughout the parchment later on seem to be made in Elijah's handwriting, though they are word for word the same as Frederic's prior message
Low and behold, that dark wonder, that enigma that is Elijah Varrin. Only at a time of great turmoil, does that cruel beast show his ugly head once more. That dark prowler of the night, that ravager from the shadowy depths of the southern plain, gnawing at the chance to snatch up the fair men of Troll's Bane into his wicked grasp.

Twisted and bent tyrant of Gynk, a creature who lacks the awareness of a soul. An evil weaver of human emotion, that cursed tongue as poisonous as the deadliest spider bite. Evil are the ways of a man so sick for power and personal glory.

The people of Troll's Bane have long ago become immune to that viral disease, that plague that burdened them for long months. No longer do they listen to that great deceiver, that treacherous vermin who propagates the evilness of others for personal gain.

Now his slanderous tongue and murderous blade have been brought up from some cursed realm to terrorize the good peoples of Troll's Bane. Do not heed these reckless words of danger, do not think this fiend to be anything less then your enemy. History has shown that he does not intend to solve the Temple problem for you.

Bravo, my dear friend Frederic. You've succeeded merely on insulting me, while avoiding the vast majority of the points I made with ignorant blabber. You forgot to mention how your Lieutenant is a suspected Temple member, how Orioli slept with the very man who killed my good friend Edric Galthor, and how friends of the guard are the enemies themselves. This "friend of the guard" title is merely a way to leave the back door of Bane open while they slip inside and rob the inhabitants.

Our Government, based purely on anti Temple sentiment, attempted to invite them straight back into the guard. If it weren't for me and my insight to point out this was a direct violation of the laws, they would continue to hold the same rights as normal citizens. The enemy we all successfully removed are now regarded as 'friends'. Both Joxia and Dain hold the position
and neither deny their involvement within the group.

I have made mistakes. I openly admit to such things. I admit to being the Temple's minion, feeble of mind and willpower to their daily wishes for my regime. I admit to assaulting yourself and others. However, those assaults were done with justification. The system of Government in place was put there solely for one purpose. To keep the Temple out. So that we didn't have a repeat of tyrants, invasions, untimely Governor deaths, and Island wide Troll's Bane visions of grandeur. Anyone I assaulted were a vital link in the chain that would ultimately lead to a rehash of these events, by refusing to heed by the words of history.

The truth in all of this is, and has been since the days of my leadership, the people who shout insults at me have hardly ever spoke to me in person.

If you remember correctly Mister Drake, the instance in which everyone shouted, "Be quiet, Elijah" was one of the few times we've even been in the same room together. You might also recall how I vehemently tried to speak over such ridicule that rang out. I tried to reason with those in attendance, telling everyone how ignorant the idea was that Kaidan gave, and how easy that system would be played by the Temple to regain power. This, should you have listened to me that day, has come to fruition as I predicted. Despite the chorus of 'Be quiet, you don't know what you're talking about," I now have the valuable commodity of hind sight to laugh at those who told me that.

Fact is you don't know me, and you really can't claim you do. The character of Elijah Varrin in a vast majority of people's eyes is based on perceived facts and whispered rumors.

Intelligence is a very valuable trait, my friend. It allows one to have reasoning, to look at complex systems such as Troll's Bane and comprehend why and how Bane came to it's current position.

When I first placed my latest message on the wall, I expected the people of Bane to use intelligence to read my words. I expected them to see that the Bearers attacked the town because the Temple were attempting to build some sort of Troll's Banian Kingdom. I expected them to remember that the entire basis of the new Government was to keep the Temple out.

Instead, I'm met with furious Temple backing and outright denial that they've crept back into our walls. Instead of you remembering what the Temple has done, I'm met with a personal document of slander based purely on my own past.

I ask you to look up my past, since you base your perception of me on rumors and old parchments. Second hand accounts of Mister Varrin that can easily be twisted and bent as the creator pleases. You'll find that I don't do much unless I gain anything from it. I didn't gain anything of personal value from turning my back on the Temple and going to Bearers.

I attacked Leon because he openly broke the town's laws by allowing the Temple in as guards. I attacked him because instead of realizing his mistake he created a new position with similar powers just to please them. I attacked Oxiana because he was too lazy and lacked the backbone to stand up against them when they quietly went about reemergence. I attacked you because you vehemently back the Temple and insult me whenever I insult them. Not only that, you drew your swords on me first. Surely a man that cares so much for Troll's Bane wouldn't be such an ardent supporter of a dark order.

Frederic Drake wrote:"NONE OF WHICH HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE TEMPLE."
The truth of your words is not determined by the size of your lettering. All of those men have played some part in allowing the Temple's influence to seep once again within our walls. And all of them are in the position to do something about it. Instead, like you, they deny there is even a problem.
Fredric Drake wrote:"He is right, on one thing, and one thing alone. That there should be no temple involvement within the trollsbane government or guard. And as i live and breath, there is none."
I wish for you to openly state this lie once more. Next time we meet, you will have to kneel before me in front of the citizens of Bane, look me in the eyes, and swear with all the certainty in your body that the Temple is no longer in the town. The fact that the Temple resides in every nook and cranny of upper Troll's Bane society, and the very smell of Troll's Bane is foul with Moshran blood again makes such a feat impossible.

You'd have to think the citizens of Troll's Bane ignorant to believe that the Temple hasn't came back. Oh that is correct, our own Judge does believe our people to be ignorant.

Frederic Drake wrote:"This man is a man who thrives on the ignorance and innocence of the common man. "
The very contract Fooser signed issuing a banishment on Temple members is horse shat. Anyone who thinks the Temple consists of 5 members (and not the 5 or so members currently highly placed in Troll's Bane society) are complete fools. As a former member of the order, I've never seen nor heard from Retlak. Only three of the five listed in the contract have been seen in forever, and 2 of which are conveniently in the guard. The town is doing nothing and has no way to stop any other former, current or future temple members from joining the guard or government

When I turned my back on the temple and went to the Bearers, I didn't gain much. I even hurt my reputation some would say. What I did gain was a home town free of Temple influence. I don't ask for citizenship, I don't ask for glory, I don't ask to be worshiped.

I ask for people to remember. I ask for people to raise up against this dark order and kick them out once and for all. The only thing I gain, myself, from my current "homicidal genocidal quest" is a town free from the influence of the Temple.

Keep me banned for all of eternity for all I care. I merely ask for Troll's Bane to live up to its promise, the promise of a free and unmolested future for its people.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Be greeted,

Congratulations my dear Elijah,
You have thoroughly repeated yourself yet again without giving a shred of evidence. You are nothing more than a hate mongering bully that likes to think himself noble in his "righteous" quest to rid us of temple influence. Excuse me a moment, the bile must be fought back after uttering that.

You openly admit to attacking town officials, and guard members for the sake of your delusions. I have never, and will never be any part of the temple. Neither has Leon, nor Oxiana. And if you do recall, i drew my blades on you because...what was it you were doing...oh thats right, attacking an unarmed man, who happens to be giving near every waking hour to make this town a better place. Oh, this is the same man who also has nothing to do with the temple. I must be a criminal for defending a close friend from an egomaniac who is Cherga bent on enforcing his vision on any and everyone who lives.

Guards who are temple members? Truly? What are their names? What is your proof? And the most prudent question of all. Why should anyone believe the ramblings of a corrupt man, long fallen from grace? Are you on this blood rampage to sate your lust for violence i wonder? Or perhaps you are this zealous because of your own failure in the past. I don't know your motives, and this is the last instant i will give them thought.

Miss Joxia, and Dain are labeled friends of the guard, this is true, i deny it not. Read the description of that posting. They have little to no authority within the town. They cannot effect changes, nor would they be allowed to under current law. Instead of being a law biding citizen and effecting change through asking a council member for a meeting to be called, or rallying enough supporters to bring it to the attention of the government, you went and hacked at anyone and everyone you pleased. Bravo, i do say, you have done a magnificent job of ruining your already soiled credibility.

To be quite honest with you i do not know you as a man, and i never wish to. You give baseless accusations against good and law biding men for no reason other than to further your visions of grandeur. You attack good men for the same reason. Men who have done nothing, NOTHING, that should be construed as an act of betraying our fair town. Like say, attacking government officials. If i am anything, i am a law man. I teach it, preach it when needed, and by malachin i will enforce it.

Make no mistake. Never, allow me to repeat that. NEVER will i kneel before you or any other man. My servitude and allegiance belongs to one thing, the town of trollsbane. And i can assure you, that it to will never kneel before a man that attacks innocent people then flees back from sight, like a petty thief, running from what true justice brings.

I will not banter further with a man who backs up his ideals with not proof, but blood.

Fredric Drake, Judge.
Silo

Post by Silo »

Only the arrogant ignore wisdom.
Only the foolish fight loss for pride.
Only the cowardly justify the lie.
Only the weak hold to blind faith.
Only the dead disregard the past.

Fredric Drake. There is a single thing that you are not. Find truth before my words become lies.

Remembrance for those lost, remembrance for those who will be.
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

As of today, 20. Irmas, Orioli is banned from the town of Troll's Bane and relieved from her councilor duty for attacking Asliendor on Bane soil. This motion stands until a final verdict is brought by Judge Fredric Drake.

Let this also show that no attacks are taken lightly. This Temple vs. Elijah and friends can be dealt with outside of town walls. Bane is not an arena for people to meet up and fight in. The fights that are surely to follow this, let's try and keep it out of Bane...for I can see this is no longer a Bane matter at all.

Your Captain, Leon Demelii
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Be greeted,
Case 002.

Orioli has been removed from her position of Council member for breaking the laws of Trollsbane. She has a temporary ban on her person from the township itself. She is free, however to walk the lands of North Bridge, as her home is on said land, until further review.

A hearing will be called by myself to further review this case, as it was a council member in question.

Let it be known that NO ONE is above the law.

case 003

The Elf known as Maggy(you know who you are), is temporarily banned from the township of trollsbane for a weeks time, for kidnapping on trollsbane soil. He did no further harm the victim as i am aware of. But Should you read this Maggy, be sure to contact me via dove, or send a explanation through Tak to me.

Fredric Drake, Judge.
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Case 003

The man known as Kar'tek(or something of the sort) Former magistrate under Eljiah is banned in the town of trollsbane and her surrounding provinces. For an assault against a city official. I am also told that he held the title of Inquisitor, should any of you know him better under said title. The ban will remain in effect until further notice and review.

Fredric Drake, Judge.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

Be greeted,

The evidence you wished has been presented publicly by the Temple's actions. I ask that Verdazar be officially banned from the settlement of Troll's Bane for said attack on the mage Asliendor. In the articles of the Temple treaty, any Medium offense will be met with a reinstatement of a permanent ban on said offender.

Assault and attempted murder (for Asliendor was sent to the cross, the same offense I've committed) both warrant such action. If you're going to banish me for such action, I merely ask for the same treatment for those in the Temple.

I congratulate Mister Leon for having the nerve to report Orioli but I'm completely puzzled as to why he didn't report the Leader of that group for his actions. Orioli was sent to the cross after provoking it, but it was Verdazar who sought revenge for her failed attempt.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin
Last edited by Elijah on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Be greeted,

The case to which you refer to is even now being reviewed. However, not because of your words, you have no rights under Bane law. We thank you for the wasted parchment, telling others how to do their jobs.

Drake, Judge
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I think you've misunderstood things. Some temple members were permitted into the guard after a panic, but everything was corrected. We made a set of rules to halt any temple influence in the town and we have not deviated from those laws. Being a friend of the guard means someone can assist in enforcing bans, policy that is enacted by non-temple members, and reporting security problems or crimes. In fact, anyone can do this. The circumstances remain as they did months ago: they cant be guards, they cant be citizens, they cant vote. You place too much significance on something quite mundane: fighting common foes.

F
Silo

Post by Silo »

The first steps are always the smallest.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

I have decided that I have much better things to do than to keep telling deaf ears that I have no ulterior motive. I am stepping down as a friend of the guard. I will defend myself of course should I be assaulted on Bane soil. But if there is a Golem roaming town, or madness mummies,demons or even the bandits and murderers doing harm to anyone in Bane...I will simply walk the other way and let innocent people die or stand idly by without giving aide. I just pray that some of you who choose to believe the lies and exaggerated tales of the Temple are ones who who might for an instant think of asking for my help.

Good Luck to you all.
~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

So it was just a title and a position which let you do the right things. Just if you are an offical protector you would help the weak?

And you still wonder why most people doesnt believe that the Temple had change or will ever change?

The Order will stand at any time against all what threat the weak. No matter where we see a Golem, undead or whatever danger, if in Varshikar, Vanima or Trolls Bane, we will face it and fight it. Not for be called protector, friends of a guard or something else, but because its right.

So i will writhe it here once again if any citizens feel threat or get harm by th current attacks he will find refugee and help by us.

~Djironnyma

((sorry for bad gramma and style, i m posting from my smartphone -.-))
MyNameHere

Post by MyNameHere »

Thank you, Djironnyma. The beast has finally shown its head, and I am glad there are people truly concerned about the wellbeing of others, not just for the sake of power.
~Malluar Denstri
themonk

Post by themonk »

*Passing by Gurk sees the notes, letters and parchments on the board and adds his own note*

I agree if it wasnt for people of bane and Varshikar showing there selflessness and valour i wouldnt be here now.

I intend to return there kindness in being there whenever im needed weather its defending, helping or even feeding those in need, i Gurk hereby swear i will neve let others suffer.

~Gurk~
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

As usual comments are being made without knowing all the facts, DJIRONNYMA. I am not allowed to own property, vote or be a citizen BUT the governor was ASKING for my help...Why should a help anyone who has shunned me without making sure it is clear to the people that I am working within the boundaries as approved by the governor.

The first time I entered Bane and was witness to one of Jeffersons attacks, I did not hesitate to aid the captain, Lord Arcia and now council woman, Irania. I did this because it was right. But being asked to help by the highest ranking government official....well that needed some clarification. Surley if I had not made sure that it was allowed for me tob help the complaints would have been "Joxia is attacking murders and therefore a murderer as well"

~*~Lady Joxia Doral~*~
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

To clarify, the title Friend of the Guard was introduced by the Bane administration to identify the support provided by individuals either unable or unwilling to become citizens of Troll's Bane and/or join the ranks of the Town Guard. The title has never offered any benefit to the incumbent but simply recognised their selfless pledge to act in times of need to protect Bane. I have personally worked alongside a number of those holding the title in recent months and all have shown utmost fearlessness in defending the Town against adversity, three I could name immediately for paying the ultimate sacrifice and being sent to the cross.

Joxia I thank you for your efforts in your time as Friend of the Guard and wish you well for the future.

Oxiana
Proud commrade of all Friend's of the Guard
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Notice:

The mage known as Rylar attacked without provocation a friend of mine, who then told me. Now, this attack happened outside Bane jurisdiction, so i issue no Ban or any sort of punishment. However, guards, when this lad is seen within the town, keep a close eye on him. Acts such as this tend to be habit forming.

Fredric Drake, judge.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Dear fredric, was the attack on land claimed by bane? If so then I have been told that it is within your power to apply a ban. If I am mistaken, please clarify as i know hearsay is not always reliable. I am simply trying to help and I do not wish to cause trouble. Thank you for your time.

shandra the tailor.
themonk

Post by themonk »

It was done in the dessert near Varshikar and i was the one attacked.

I cannot prove it but being a fellow knight i hope you will trust me.

~Gurk~
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

I am able to ban so long as the crime is committed on on Bane soil. Hence why no bans were issued in this case. As it took place in the desert of Kumdah.

Fredrick Drake, judge.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Thank you for the missing details. It's good to see someone thinking beyond the walls of bane and ones self intrest. Sadly a rare thing in such times.

shandra the tailor
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

MADNESS MUMMIES IN BANE!!!

They have multiplied to great numbers, stay clear until daylight and they can be cleared out! This is not a drill! I have personally seen upwards of 18 roaming around. Please, come daylight, every able bodied person, come help clear the streets! Until all is clear, STAY INSIDE!

Help us keep Bane safe for all.

~Uhuru~
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

To the idiot mage that filled the town with madness mummies,

You may have gotten away with it for now. But If I ever hear who did it, you will be brought down. It may not be by me alone but it'll be done swiftly and without question. This is a wonderful image of all mages everywhere. (Perhaps a selected few are excused and you know who you are). Goes to show the real nature of mages. Dragging in mummies and setting up fires so they multiply. Fantastic work.

I'll be seeing you soon...."Idiot mage"

-Leon, Captain of the Guard.
Lia

Post by Lia »

Remember the mage who have helped you.
Outside in the darkness, in the midst of the hordes of undead.

~ a Mage
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

Lia wrote:Remember the mage who have helped you.
Outside in the darkness, in the midst of the hordes of undead.

~ a Mage

*Leon blinks as he reads this. And writes under it*

Right.... I thank you for the detailed description.... Because there was about five or six mages there. Maybe a name would be more helpful.. Thank you unknown mage.... On a side note, I love it when people don't sign their name. Now I have no idea who to thank for this wonderful information.

*He writes this and walks away shaking his head.*
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

**********WARNING**********

MUMMIES OF MADNESS LOOSE IN BANE AGAIN!

They are running loose again. This time on a much smaller scale. Please protect yourself until morning light! One seen at the smith and two are inside the East gate. Two have been locked snugly on the dock of the Arena (Thank you for your help with this Asliendor!).

Please be cautious when opening any doors.

~Uhuru~
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

I would like to personally thank all those I saw trying to aid us in fighting this madness!

Asliendor
Joxia
Tall Lizard (I'm sorry, I did not get your name or I would list it)
Jerem Elessar
Djironnyma

A special thank you to Evie who almost went to the cross two nights in a row fighting these things.

I am hopeful not many were harmed in last night's heinous attack.

~Uhuru~
Last edited by Uhuru on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.