A portal to the unknown

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Copper Dragon

A portal to the unknown

Post by Copper Dragon »

Shandra drops a bag of parchments, inks, and quills on the academy library table with a loud thump. After a bit of shuffling the table is ready for her to start her research. A very old scroll case is drawn from it's hiding place in her robe. She whispers quietly to the scroll, "Lets see what secrets that skeleton mage was holding for me." The scroll is carefully unrolled and readied to be translated and hopefully understood. Delight fills her as she begins to understand the workings of the spell. A basic portal to start with alterations in directions that at first don't make sense. A list of materials are also given that for most would be hard to aquire. Notes are made and soon a complete spell takes form on the parchment. The quiet of the library fills her with a sense of security that she is on the right path. As she goes over the spell in her mind, she realizes that help will be needed. A list of names is made and the selection process begins. Names are quickly marked off till only a few remain. "Teacher is upset with me enough as it is and I'm a disappointment to him." "Mel, cel, and raina will want to protect me." "Whisper isn't around, and most of the others I'm not sure about." "Stefan is .... , now there is a posibility." A parchment is quickly written explaining some details and a request for help. A dove is called and is soon winging it's way to the target. She then returns to the table and cleans up after her self, Storing the scroll once more in it's hiding place, returning books to their proper places, and placing her supplies back in the bag. She smiles to the clerk as she passes, her list of needed supplies in hand and a list of places to go set in her mind. Excitement flows from her as she makes a portal to begin collecting.
Morbius

Re: A portal to the unknown

Post by Morbius »

Stefan walks quietly toward the academy gate, his eyes scanning over the details of his recently received note. With a small smile and his interest perked, he tucks it away into a fold of his robes, a wave of his hand being all he needs to close the large wooden gates behind him as his boots clack against the stone path.

“Sounds like you’ve found quite the treasure Shandra..”

He remarks softly to himself as his eyes travel toward the court yard, searching for any sign of the elfess.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Shandra comes bouncing into the academy, gates groaning and slamming as magic fed by her emotions forces them open and then back closed. A loaded bag hangs from her shoulder with a number of wand handles poking out and an odd shimmering can be seen under the flap along with an assortment of other things. A quick run to the tavern and the depot is cut short as she takes note of someone walking on the stones. "Has he arrived already? Will he agree? At what price?" fight for dominance in her thoughts. After noting his location and that it is the one she seeks, she returns to the task at hand of placing the pack in her depot. Once her things are safely secure, she returns to meet him. Excitement wars with caution oh her face as she approaches. She giggles as the words "Thank you for coming so quickly stefan" try to tumble out of her mouth. "If I translated it right this should make a new kind of portal" she says between breaths. Her eyes search your face and eyes to see if the seed of the letter has taken root in your interest.
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

The robed man turned slowly and looked back to the elfess, always a little taken back by her enthusiasm he couldn't help but smile a little. Hearing her words almost leave her in what he thought could be nothing less than blubbering excitement; he locked his gaze with hers as she steped close enough to expel the need to call out.

“I have to admit, I’m intrigued. “

His smile widened, he always had an unusually soft spot for the elfess. It was just something about her innocence, something to do with how pure her spirit was. She’s probably never seen hardship in her life, he concluded internally. Even though she’s older than me by age, I don’t doubt I age her through experience. I’ve seen much more then she has. That grim thought caused his smile to fade a little, though he couldn’t pinpoint it exactly. He decided to speak up again to avoid further discomfort.

“So what did you need me for Shandra?”
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Shandra bubbles with excitement as she begins to detail what she has found and what was translated. She explains that by luck she has the needed supplies to research the spell and to cast it. She takes you by the arm as details spill out of her, dragging you towards the library and the waiting depot there. Her step is light and her grip firm as she moves for the first few steps and then her grip releases as her hands become as animated as her face in trying to point out details that she either has found or is asking your thoughts on. Her pace never faulters though as her path leads on and her mind becomes lost once more in her discovery, unknowing if any other ears hears her words or conserned as to what they may think. She has her help and thats all that matters. Hidden even from her self, a singe drive pushes. The thought buried so deep and yet so powerful that it shapes her actions now more so than ever. Even fear can not stand up to the force of the drive, the thought, the force, the feeling. She will make teacher proud of her!
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Shandra takes a seat at one of the secluded tables and begins to detail her plans to stefan. A few books are drawn to the table with quick spells as they go over the translation and the requirements. Papers soon cover the table as her notes are drawn forth and thoughts are compared. After a bit of work, the last thing to do is to pick the location with which to cast the spell. Her first selection is the Hug of Sirani for it's isolation and ease to get to. She waits for his thoughts as she organizes the clutter and again checks the contents of her bag to be sure she doesn't forget any thing.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Shandra takes his silence as a yes and opens a portal. With a quick grab of her bag, she steps through. On the other side, she steps a few paces away and begins to set the stones and wands in place. Four magical stones and four wands laided in a circle in the prescribed order. A fifth stone is placed in the center too join the forces of the four. Her notes left on the table for later when she returns. A quick call of a dove and a prepared parchment flys to her teacher. Now all that is left is to wait for stefans arival and the proper time of day to try the spell.
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

Stefan watches helplessly as she explains everything to him at a lightning pace, finally going to open his mouth to speak as she steps away through a portal, leaving him with her mess of parchment. His brows furrow slightly as he takes one in hand, scanning it closely. The elvish runes fail to give him the insight he had hoped for as his usual sigh leaves him slowly.

After a time of looking over the parchments and only succeeding in deepening his own confusion, he gives up, scrunching a few into a ball before setting it on fire with a plume of flame from his palm. His childish frustration mildly remedied, he takes a few bottles and bits from the study before following the elfess through her portal, and to her desired location for her ritual.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Shandra finishes the last of her adjustments to the site as stefan steps from the air to the island. She greets him with a quick smile as the center stone is placed. Woven threads run from each stone and wand to form a lose rope in her hand. "To make sure i can get back" she says as she lifts the rope slightly. She then guides stefan to one side of the site and she takes the other. She then hands him a piece of parchment with directions written in common for him. Fear wars with excitement on her face and eventually loses. The wait seems like forever as he reads the directions she hands him. After he looks up from reading, she pauses to allow him to ask any questions or voice any thoughts before with a quick smile she begins the spell. Their voices start as two but soon merge into one as the words are repeated a few times before the real attempt is cast. A difference in her voice is head as she throws her mind and power into the spell. With a burst of multicolored light, a portal splits the air above the central stone and expands rapidly. "YEA!!!!" breaks the silence as the spell is finished. With a flick of the threads still in her hand, the materials come within reach to be placed in her bag. With another quick smile after she collects the pieces, the words "wish me luck" come from her as she steps through the portal and is gone. The portal collapses a moment after she steps through, leaving nothing but stefan to mark where she had been.
May the five have mercy on her.
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

His eyes widen as the portal shrinks to a dot then vanish before his eyes. He didn’t do anything to stop her... he couldn’t. He found the severed safety rope on the grass below him, bending down to pick it up. He stood there for a long time, his eyes darkened with eventual realisation as a soft whisper leaves his lips.

“You never intended to come back... did you Shandra...”

His grip tightened on the rope in his hand before tossing it to the side with far more force than needed. This was another one he couldn’t save, one he couldn’t stop... he should have seen it all earlier, and surely there were signs... He really didn’t know anymore, he had almost gotten used to things taking sharp turns toward the unexpected.

With a motion of his hand he conjures a portal back home, running his palm over his forehead and back past his hair. One last glance over his shoulder was all he gave before stepping home, tossing the parchment to the wind with a heavy hearted sigh, but a sigh of acceptance never the less.

“Nargun help you, Shandra the tailor.”
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

With a burst of multicolored light, a portal opens and expands to the normal size. A slender, white haired elven female falls out of the portal. With another flash, the portal closes. The elven female layes where she has fallen, a bag cluched tightly in her hand as she appears to sleep. Only time will tell if she will stir and what tale she will have to tell.
Maeglin Telemmaite

Post by Maeglin Telemmaite »

A big elf wearing all black and a wolf walking around in front of him seems to be leading him to something. he follows the wolf's gaze as it stops and he notices the little elfess. he looks at her a little dumbfounded and goes to see who it is. with a little examination he notices its Shandra. he smiles slightly and picks her up and carries her with him back the way he came.

"when you wake up little one..we have much to discuss..."
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

She wakes enough to realize she is being carried but is still gripped by the buried memory of what she has seen and experienced. With out realizing it her arms suddenly reach out and draw the one that is carrying her into a firm but gentle hug. A familiar scent fills her nose as she realizes in who's arms she is in. Her hug tightens as a sound between a moan and a cry of joy escapes her. "Big brother!" before the dark reclaims her and she again goes limp in his arms, arms hanging down his back and her head limp on his shoulder.
Maeglin Telemmaite

Maeglin Smiles as she wakes just enough to recognize who he is. he keeps on carrying her to wherever..seeming to not really have a destination at the moment..just walking around the island.
"Just rest little one..when you wake we can talk."
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

She wakes again after a much needed rest to find her self again being carried and her arms around someone. A smile spreads across her face as again she realizes who has her. Her now ice blue eyes open and she smiles. "Where are we going big brother?" The words slip out softly as she continues to hold him, looking about as to where they are.
Maeglin Telemmaite

Maeglin Smiles as she speaks. a small tear rollin down from his red eyes.
meh..here..there. everywhere. the question is..where DID you go sister? where could you have possibly gone without saying goodbye to me...

Maeglin grips her just a little tighter at this point.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Shandra hugs him tightly again. "Oh big brother, I was doing some research on a spell I found." Her voice a mix of concern and excitement as she whispers in his ear. "It worked I think, but I can't remember much yet about what happened." Her odd white hair cascading down her back as she leans back a bit to look you in the eyes with her now clear blue eyes. "I kinda changed a word or two in the spell because I didn't like the ones it used." "I never meant to leave you big brother, I guess I just got too excited at what I had found and with the trouble in bane I thought doing research would get my mind off things." Her voice is soft and concerned as she makes her point, "I wanted to make teacher proud of me so he will finish teaching me."
Maeglin Telemmaite

well as maeglin is blind he doesnt see her new white hair or blue eyes..but she does still seem weaker and un nourished to him..he sighs.
little sister..trouble is everywhere no matter where you go..the only way to truly escape is to live in solitude as I once did..or death..and i was afraid you had chosen the latter...you had me very worried..and i cried very hard when i learned of your disappearance.. if you did not mean to leave me it is alright..but even i know that magic is not to be tampered with my dear..do not change words..no matter the cause..unless you can gaurentee an outcome..for all you know you could have imploded the world upon itself..and then where would we be?
he smiles down at the little elfess in his arms.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Shandra giggles, enjoying having her arms around his neck as he carries her on. "I didn't mean to worry you, and I doubt my little spell could do that much. Besides, It worked and I'll remember what happened soon I think." She pauses for a moment before continuing on. "I still need to see if teacher will still teach me and tell him the results." Fear creeps onto her face and into her voice as the words spill out. She quickly releases her hold on your neck and fumbles for parchment and ink before calling a dove and writes a quick note while her fear grows with each word, then she whispers instructions to the dove before releasing it. She then returns her arms around your neck to hug you firmly once more.
Maeglin Telemmaite

Maeglin grins slightly with all her frantic writing. "calm down calm down..you have no need to worry..im sure everything will be alright..but yes..good question..what did happen while you were away?"
he then holds her just a little tighter while she hugs him.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Shandra explains what she can and what she remembers. The thoughts of going through the portal and returning come first. When she goes to describe what took place beyond the portal her voice changes as if someone else is talking through her. "What she saw is not for mortal eyes. This one was blessed to see what should not be seen. Take head and do not return." Her voice returns to normal as she tries to explain that she can not remember what took place beyond the portal.
Maeglin Telemmaite

maeglin hears the voice change and blinks a few times stopping slightly and then continuing..he starts to pick and prod at her..asking questions about the place he is going to refer to as ""the void" since thats what became of her memory of it..the questions he hoped would be enough to bring back that mysterious voice he heard..since he doesnt have mortal eyes..maybe it would reveal things to him.

he thinks to himself-Who'da thought bragon giving me my eyes and making me blind would EVER pay off-
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Shandra recounts what she knows and tries to answer any questions ask. The little she does remember paints a picture of a bright and warm place, many are there but she can't remember meeting them, of magic flowing like the wind, and the brush of such thoughts that she can only wonder about. She remembers feeling this but can not put details to any thing. Just as she finishes her tale of what she felt, her tummy reminds her that it is empty and it's not happy about it.
Maeglin Telemmaite

Maeglin hears her stomach and takes a few pieces of ham, fish, honey, bread, sausage etc and puts them all on a nice neat plate on her lap while he is carrying her. being very careful not to go to fast so it doesnt spill..

"so sister..tell me of what lies within you..the possession you have."
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Shandra quickly enjoys the fish and bread, gently feeding you the meat as she eats as well. As she tries to understand the question she goes very quiet. With a quick giggle she gently scolds you. No fair teasing when I don't know I don't know what the jest is. I don't have any thing in me, I just have my tools with me. Well, other than the great food now. She giggles again.
Maeglin Telemmaite

maeglin nods a few times in silence with a fake smile on his face as he sets her by the firepit by the union. he starts a fire and sits down in the now darkness..he seems to stare intently and directly into the fire.

"shandra..i need you to use magic to unlock all parts of your memory...something other than you seems to speak through you..and we are going to figure out what it is.."
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

"If you say so big brother, I trust you." "What do you need me to do?" she gives you a puzzled but trusting smile as she settles by the fire. "Will I remember so i can tell teacher what I saw?" "What did it say?" "Will you see every thing I have ever remembered?"
Maeglin Telemmaite

Maeglin rubs his chin slightly..
"close your eyes..now you need to imagine your mind is a lock..a big iron lock...and then imagine your magic can take shape..now focus it into a key shape on one hand..itfits perfectly into the lock.. now unlock it..and use your other hand to make me a window..sort of a portal out here..but I can only look into it....understand? it requires a lot of focus..."
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

She takes your hands in hers and closes her eyes. Drawing a deep breath, she tries to picture what she was told to picture and focuses her thoughts, power, and will into the images and what they mean. Moving first to the lock, then adding the key at turning it, and finially opening a window for him to see into her mind. As she opens up, guardians of things hidden by her stir. A thought drifts through the window, "Tread carefully big brother, some secrets the world does not need to know about me, not even you dear big brother."
Maeglin Telemmaite

Maeglin Laughs slightly.
"dearest sister..its quite hard to keep secrets..and all must be revealed in time."

at this points he sticks his head through the windowish portal to her mind.

((from this point on what I see eventwise and memory wise is for my view only..i will post my reactions as to let it known whether it is sinister or good etc..eventually things will be subtly revealed about it.))