interface problem

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

pygmycougar

interface problem

Post by pygmycougar »

I am trying to download the client via java. I have the latest version, I am running windows 2000, with internet explorer 8. I have never had trouble downloading online client before, now It goes to starting download and there it stops. Please help I desire to return, after many promptings, to my character if anyone knows what's wrong please, please let me know.
Llama

Re: interface problem

Post by Llama »

We'll need a bit more information. Does it actually start to download or does it crash?

Does it start downloading, go into "Download Stalled" and stay like that?
pygmycougar

Post by pygmycougar »

The Java 6 starts up it goes to the page java web start says downloading application below that is name: Illarion Client, below that is publisher: Illarion e.V. below that is From http://illarion.org It used to have a little bar that showed download progress and amount of time left. That does not come up. I have left this setting on my commputer all day this passed Saturday. It advances no further then this.
Llama

Post by Llama »

If you javaws -viewer, does the Illarion client appear in the cache or something?
pygmycougar

Post by pygmycougar »

Ok in Java viewer interface is days downloaded 545 kb but will not go any further
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

what had you done after it worked last time?
update browser?
update Java?
new firewall?
new software?
new hardware?
pygmycougar

Post by pygmycougar »

The only thing I did was a reboot on my computer which I have done before. I had it going for a bit yesterday I had to hit the play button about 50 times to get the interface to come up properly it got to about oh 30% then it went down again.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

i m no dev but i would try to clear my temporary internet files maybe reinstall the client? had you test a nother browser?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Djironnyma wrote:i m no dev but i would try to clear my temporary internet files maybe reinstall the client? had you test a nother browser?
The browser has nothing to do with it.

The java thing works kinda like a torrent file. You download the jnlp which contains the locations for the files you need to download. The only thing that the browser does is get the jnlp file, so unless its corrupted there's no problem.

I'm rather confused why its not working though.
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

Has he tried yet to delete and reinstall java? And delete the temporary java files?
Dunno if it is that, but this is very often the solution here.