Community Content Account

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Llama

Community Content Account

Post by Llama »

This is a very simply solution to what I think is a big problem. There are definitely more elegant solutions, but this one can be done in 2 minutes or so, and doesn't require pulling a developer off his project.

The Problem: The Community does create some content (NPCs, Books...) however there isn't a formal process for dispatching this content. Generally you send it to a dev, but there seems to be a tendancy to 'sit on it' instead. Or you send it to the person who's taking care of NPCs/Books at the moment. Unless they become inactive or disappear or something. So I think there's a lot of good work which is lost because of this process.

So here's the very simply solution.

We create a pair of new forum accounts - say "CommunityNPCs" "CommunityBooks". An admin modifies them so they have an unlimited PM Inbox. All Content which is created it sent to these accounts. The Community doesn't have to care about who is reading them or whatever (Abstraction :) ), just that they have to send the files there.

Meanwhile, (back end) someone is assigned in charge of them and given the passwords. If the guy goes inactive, disappears or whatever - no problem. You just change the password again, and none of the content is lost - the new person will just look at the old PMs.

Nice and simple.

Discuss/Implement.
Skamato

Re: Community Content Account

Post by Skamato »

/sign

A really good Idea!

I think you get my really good Idea Medal

Llama

Post by Llama »

I have been told that the correct procedure is to create a mantis task instead.

Not sure whether this suggestion is useful anymore in light of this.
Skamato

Post by Skamato »

Hmmm, maybe its a better Idea to make a new Project on Mantis.
So XYZ can make his Book and bring it up to Mantis, same for a new NPC.

And we have there also a option to report in Privat, so only Mods & Co see what the User make.

:-)
Llama

Post by Llama »

Can I keep my medal?
Skamato

Post by Skamato »

Llama wrote:Can I keep my medal?
Here